PDA

View Full Version : How did you discover GameTavern?

Revival
02-15-2002, 03:20 PM
How did you discover GameTavern? Did a friend refer you, see GameTavern on a search engine, moved when NDose closed down, or something else?

I discovered GameTavern by poking around NDose's forums right before the site closed, saw all the topics about AdvanceGB and GameTavern, liked GameTavern better, and I started posting here.. well, there's a story a lot longer behind that.. but I'll type it up later.

How did you get here?

DeathsHand
02-15-2002, 03:24 PM
I found gametavern through Ndose...

Which I found through ND.net...

which I found through a search engine browse by category thing, methinks...

:burger:

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-15-2002, 03:36 PM
through Ndose

i found Ndose by Luck through IGN

Ginkasa
02-15-2002, 03:39 PM
I came from NDose.

I got to NDose from a link on IGN.

Ridley
02-15-2002, 03:53 PM
I found a link to N-Dose from IGN. I was a guest there for 3 or 4 months, something like that. Then everyone was talking about N-Dose shutting down and people started talking about GT and AdvanceGB. I gave both a chance, but liked this place better. So I stayed and soon became a member.

Jason1
02-15-2002, 03:58 PM
I rememer I was at Nintendose for at least 6 months or more, than I kinda left for a couple of weeks, then came back. And when I came back, I realised it was closing down soon and thats when I saw the thread about AGD and GT and I thought GT sounded cooler, and I wasnt really into Gameboy much, so I picked GT. End of story.

jeepnut
02-15-2002, 04:02 PM
I can't remember how I found ND.net, but I went to NDose from there. Then, I went away for a while because of school and who else knows but I forgot about the forums. Then, one day I noticed the link in my favorites list and clicked on it. Wait a second, I thought. This isn't NDose. I was lost as to what to do so I gave up.

In September of 2001, Breakabone who was on my AIM list from NDose IM'd me and informed me that NDose had shut down. Then, he informed me that most of the old board nuts were here. I followed the link and signed up immediately. :D

Angrist
02-15-2002, 04:03 PM
I found the Nintendose forums after I posted a few posts in a really really boring Dolphin forum. I guess it was called something like... I don't remember. I'm sure I followed a link!

Drunk Hobbit
02-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Went looking for info on Nintendo Dolphin.

Found NintendoDolphin.net.

ND.net set up NDose without telling anyone and one forum member happened to find it and I saw the site before his topic was shut down.

Then they officially announced NDose and everyone goes there.

NDose hooks up with IGN sending a floodhold of newbies to the Dose.

At the time of the Great Newbie Migration I left a moderating job at NDose to concentrate more at Nintendo Force/Nintentrix/CubeSource.

I later came back to NDose seeing crazed newbies up the wazoo.

Aziz then abandoned the site and it turned into a madhouse with the brand new GT and AGB trying to grab onto the NDose members.

I, myself, plugged CubeSource. :D

When I first viewed GT it looked terrible. Bunch of newbies from NDose and hardly any original members.

Once again I went back to CubeSource.

After a while for who knows what reason I came back and reregistered under the name Danchastu among about 7 other names.

And so the story begins...

jeepnut
02-15-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Went looking for info on Nintendo Dolphin.

Found NintendoDolphin.net.

ND.net set up NDose without telling anyone and one forum member happened to find it and I saw the site before his topic was shut down.

Then they officially announced NDose and everyone goes there.

NDose hooks up with IGN sending a floodhold of newbies to the Dose.

At the time of the Great Newbie Migration I left a moderating job at NDose to concentrate more at Nintendo Force/Nintentrix/CubeSource.

I later came back to NDose seeing crazed newbies up the wazoo.

Aziz then abandoned the site and it turned into a madhouse with the brand new GT and AGB trying to grab onto the NDose members.

I, myself, plugged CubeSource. :D

When I first viewed GT it looked terrible. Bunch of newbies from NDose and hardly any original members.

Once again I went back to CubeSource.

After a while for who knows what reason I came back and reregistered under the name Danchastu among about 7 other names.

And so the story begins...

I thought the story began with "Went looking for info on Nintendo Dolphin."

:confused:

Drunk Hobbit
02-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Um, the GT story...the classic story of a boy and his dog...both of whom unclog their pipes... :unsure:

jeepnut
02-15-2002, 04:18 PM
With Draino or Liquid Plumber?

Angrist
02-15-2002, 04:33 PM
A boy and his blob?

designated_GM3R
02-15-2002, 04:41 PM
A boy and his mysteriously bleak goo.

Gamer
02-15-2002, 05:00 PM
I found out through Ndose, o how i loved Ndose.

TheGrimReaper
02-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Well when the newbie invasion started at NDose, everyone was talking about leaving. Then the site was closing down, so I just migrated here.

LoudHowardZERO
02-15-2002, 05:42 PM
I found it through Snake

I foud Snake in my mom's bed

Joeiss
02-15-2002, 06:26 PM
I found GT from NintenDose. I was at NDose for about a month I believe. I think I only racked up about 200 posts, then GT and AGB came along. I signed up for both, and liked GT much better. And, here I am now!

GameKinG
02-15-2002, 06:27 PM
The Ndose topic > Which I came to from nd.net > which I came to through a search engine > which I came to through AOL (yeah I know) > Which my mom bought...

Jason1
02-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO
I found it through Snake

I foud Snake in my mom's bed

Ohhh...sick, but surprisingly true....

j/k, snake:D

GameMaster
02-15-2002, 08:35 PM
I was introduced to Nintendose through a Moderator here at GameTavern. I joined AGB first since it opened earlier to see where everyone was. When GameTavern opened up, I joined there also and found myself more happy with the general look of everything, and well, here am now. :D

The_Dunadan
02-15-2002, 10:39 PM
i found it through ndose which i found through ign like just a few weeks before ndose closed.

thehtownpoption
02-15-2002, 10:46 PM
---> I started at the Yahoo! Nintendo clubs (multiple ones), which are pretty much still there, but trying to have a conversation with those people hurts your head

---> Someone in Yahoo! Yoshi Club refered me to the forums at NintendoDolphin.net

---> NintendoDolphin.net was still fairly new, very few topics, very few posts; then they completely erased all topics when it was just getting better, and I think I left for awhile after that as the amount of topics was again limited

---> NintendoDolphin.net eventually became much more popular, and history was born

---> First ideas were thought of for the Purple Monkey Dishwasher Clan (PMDC), technically the first Online Clan for the Gamecube :roll:

---> Nintendose somehow appeared (something about Nintendo taking the rights of NintendoDolphin.net?) and everyone migrated, PMDC ideas somewhat lost or weakened in the time

---> More popularity (IGN made them an affiliate, I believe) and more newbies, and a lot of the newbies then are probably considered veterans now

---> Eventually PMDC arises again and it's own section of the Nintendose forum is made; more leadership

---> Time goes on, Aziz leaves, there's some mess, lack of funds or leadership or some stuff, GT and AGB eventually formed

---> Some big fight between Skouby and CamFu at some point, Skouby leaves and gets a life seperate from the internet life, seems happy

---> PMDC moves to AGB, GameTRAC created at GT

---> PMDC makes site at AGB, but again loses its fire and only remnants are left now

---> I care very little for GameTRAC so I don't know what's going on with that ;)

thehtownpoption was my original name at NintendoDolphin.net, but I eventually changed to manasecret. However many knew me as only db which I used to put at the end of my posts, and now I'm back to my roots as thehtownpoption. :D

Remembering my sad, sad life from the past few years is kinda fun... :roll:

GameMaster
02-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Who's that strange person in your avatar? :confused:

PureEvil
02-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002
I was introduced to Nintendose through a Moderator here at GameTavern.

I'll kill that sonnuva -- :mad2:

BigJustinW
02-15-2002, 11:15 PM
It wasn't me!!!!

but I'll help you kill whoever did it ;)

On topic: I heard about GT through Nintendose, I heard about Nintendose through ND.net, and I heard about nd.net through the yahoo search engine.

BreakABone
02-15-2002, 11:20 PM
Well let's see.. It all started one foggy X-Mas eve.. er wrong story

It was in early Jan of 2000 (Damn it's been over 2 years.. YIKes)

Well I was extremely bored..And decided to look up info on this Nintendo Dolphin which I remembered faintly hearing about

I searched thru Yahoo! and found some.. (Still have most of them bookmarked even though the majoirty of them are out of business)

Well I discovered NintendoDolphin.net.. not the biggest of best Dolphin site, but the only one with a really active forum...

So I just watched the sites for a few months (Was never really into forums and still am not really into them)... Finally registered in who knows what month..as I believe I was DaGreatDolphin (And ofcourse the beginning of my great spelling career)

So that lasted for a short time before Nintendose came to be after something with Nintendo taking the trademark or something like that..Nintendose came.... It was pretty cool... I knew I was DaGreatDolphin there and that..and only one of my threads stand out there.. My Gif Contest with SuperMarioBros6.. I believe that was his name.. posted all types of stuff..

Well then Crash told me about GT.. and I got a mod spot for coming (That lasted about 3 weeks before some problems arised)
I registered first as PenguinDaGreat.. went thru a dry period where I didn't post for some time.. Came back found out that GT was hacked.. had to re-register...

Thinking it was time to change from the Penguin gimmick..I came up with a new name.. And that gives rise to BreakABone and the story unfolds from there

bobcat
02-15-2002, 11:45 PM
I found it through goolgle search I think.

Nintendodolphin.net...........ah the memories.

Hey where's Camfu these dayz?

TheGrimReaper
02-15-2002, 11:51 PM
I think he's dead.

*hides corpse*

Drunk Hobbit
02-16-2002, 12:06 AM
There he is!

\/
\/
\/

marionette
02-16-2002, 12:17 AM
through matt...ncg-ruler..you all remember him..dont you? ;)

GameKinG
02-16-2002, 12:19 AM
He is in one the army or something to that nature. Gekko would know I suppose.

Shadow Fox
02-16-2002, 01:32 AM
Went surfing for Nintendo Dolphin, just like CanMan did.

Saw NintendoDolphin.net.

Went to that site every other day, but never signed up until right before the NDose migration.

Signed up late in the ND life (around September 2k, I think), and left after finding a "NDose is dead" topic in FYEO....

Chatted with Skoub several times on what the hell happened at ND, and gave up and signed up at GT and AGB.

Still post at GT (somewhat), and just recently "reposted" at AGB (my post count is like 30 now there)....

So that's that. Now ND.net and XBA are a different story...

Kitana85
02-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Cyrax9 got me into NDose and then I was one of the first people then one of the first mods here :)

MiscX
02-16-2002, 11:08 PM
mad at nintendose, pureevil?

nWoCHRISnWo
02-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by MiscX
mad at nintendose, pureevil?

What? I'm sorry but that didn't make any ****ing sense.

MiscX
02-17-2002, 01:34 AM
why not? im asking if pureevil is mad at nintendose since he said "I'll kill that sonnuva -- " to the guy who said he went to nintendose through a GT mod

LoudHowardZERO
02-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo

What? I'm sorry but that didn't make any ****ing sense.

Um...... I'm with him...

Kitana85
02-17-2002, 09:20 AM
Do you mean mad as in :beat: (crazy):roll: or as in :mad: (angry):mad2: ??

fingersman
02-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Hmmmmmmm I got a link from IGN to Ndose
Then Posted a little there...then it shut down and I came to GT after checking out the other forum. :D

DimHalo
02-17-2002, 02:42 PM
jeepnut...duh

Happydude
10-14-2003, 01:05 AM
.......did you have to revive this thread?! it's like almost 2 years old...

Jewels
10-14-2003, 01:27 AM
i first learned about gametavern through my good gaming nerd of a friend jonbo =-D :rofl: and i meant every word of that with love. hehe =-D

GameMaster
10-14-2003, 02:17 AM
On a sidenote for some good old fashioned GT trivia, would any relatively new members like to guess this thread starter's original username?

If you get it, I shall grant you +rep :)

MasterMind
10-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Remember the Ndose games? I think I still have them somewhere, the tennis game and that game where the guys shoots the other guys.

I found my way here following the same path that many of the other guys did.

NintendoDolphin
->NDose
->Gametavern

Blackmane
10-14-2003, 02:45 AM
I got here through NDose.

Which I got from an IGN link.

Ace195
10-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Hmm.. this thread is old.. But I heard about it through Hero2 who heard about it through Ominub who heard it thorough Jonbo298.. And so the story goes

Rndm_Perfection
10-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Yay... revived thread originally posted by revival.

I was a refugee from GameCube Central. Those like me:
Stoney C.
CrOnO_LiNk
Zebra Rampage
MechaDragon
Knux
Spike_Spiegel

And forgive me if I forgot anyone.

GameKinG
10-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Wow, this topic again. Oh and revival is shooter, I believe.

Happydude
10-14-2003, 10:55 AM
damn it Game king! the new members were supposed to guess!!!

Blackmane
10-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Who's Shooter?

:rolleyes:

Jonbo298
10-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Who's Shooter?

:rolleyes:

I don't know if that is sarcasm or not, but I'll take it as sarcasm.

To the slightly newer people/people who don't know who Revival/Shooter was, he was a man we shall forget but yet keep the memories there:p

Joeiss
10-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, shooter is a ***.

DarkMaster
10-14-2003, 03:59 PM
I came here through the internet. And that's my amazing tale.

Mechadragon
10-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Don't forget Mr. Nobody! Who mysteriously disappeared :unsure:

Crono
10-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I came here through the internet. And that's my amazing tale.

You came here because I told you to register. And how did I get here? well, ... that's an entire different story,

DarkMaster
10-14-2003, 04:06 PM
You came here because I told you to register. And how did I get here? well, ... that's an entire different story,
Lies, all lies.

Mechadragon
10-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Lies, all lies.
I...don't know who to believe. :errr:

CrOnO_LiNk
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Yay... revived thread originally posted by revival.

I was a refugee from GameCube Central. Those like me:
Stoney C.
CrOnO_LiNk
Zebra Rampage
MechaDragon
Knux
Spike_Spiegel

And forgive me if I forgot anyone.

Yeah, MechaDragon and Stonecutter were the ones that showed me this place, and I registered because everyone from GCC also came here. After a while, I started to like this place and the people who posted, so that's my story.

Don't forget Mr. Nobody! Who mysteriously disappeared :unsure:

:)

"Mommy, why does my stick get big when I stare at the purty girlies?"

Good times, good times. You also forgot GCC_Clone, whatever happened to him?

Ace195
10-14-2003, 06:02 PM
I...don't know who to believe. :errr:
Believe me and all is well :camfu: !!

Vampyr
10-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Crono told me to come here about a year ago. I did, and signed up.

I never started to post here until a few months ago, when I started working for Gamingnow.

Thus ends my story.

bobcat
10-14-2003, 08:44 PM
wow real old topic

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-14-2003, 10:02 PM
err, a long long time ago, in a gaming forum far away called www.ninglobe.com which shall soon be refurbished and available for posting again in january of 2002. Compliments to the jacka$$ whoi forgot the name of that messed it up :flame:

The Germanator
10-14-2003, 11:24 PM
I came hear from Nintendose, I think I went to Nintendose from an IGN link or something. I think I registered in August of 2000....'tis been a long haul.

GameKinG
10-14-2003, 11:29 PM
"err, a long long time ago, in a gaming forum far away called www.ninglobe.com which shall soon be refurbished and available for posting again in january of 2002. Compliments to the jacka$$ whoi forgot the name of that messed it up "

Once I left, that whole place went down the crapper. :)

Cookiecaper abandoned it.

Crash
10-15-2003, 01:21 PM
i discovered it when I MADE IT. Cameron came up with the name, we were supposed to have it designed by a guy who "knew what he was doing" he did not, he was a retard (none of you know him). So later I designed it with the help of no frontpage/dreamweaver, and it sucked major @$$. (some of you remember). It was a sword, which over it hung a brown cloth, and that's where all the news was. yeah, it blew.

Happydude
10-15-2003, 03:42 PM
err, a long long time ago, in a gaming forum far away called www.ninglobe.com which shall soon be refurbished and available for posting again in january of 2002. Compliments to the jacka$$ whoi forgot the name of that messed it up :flame:
didn't you hear about this place from me?! :hmm:

Kitana85
10-15-2003, 04:23 PM
i discovered it when I MADE IT. Cameron came up with the name, we were supposed to have it designed by a guy who "knew what he was doing" he did not, he was a retard (none of you know him). So later I designed it with the help of no frontpage/dreamweaver, and it sucked major @$$. (some of you remember). It was a sword, which over it hung a brown cloth, and that's where all the news was. yeah, it blew.

Oh yeah, you and Cam... hmm....wonder whatever happenned to Aziz... not really though...
But yeah... I've been here since NDose as my older post says, and I consider myself a lurker, I do real posts even though I don't post very often.

and shooter, he was the founder of GT's old gaming clan, GameTrac, but then he turned into an idiot... yeah...

Happydude
10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
wasn't he your...umm...anyway...what happened to Cam anyway, he didn't get shot, did he?

Jonbo298
10-15-2003, 04:40 PM
wasn't he your...umm...anyway...what happened to Cam anyway, he didn't get shot, did he?

I think he's still in the military. So I doubt he has much time anyways to post, unless he can sneak a laptop online again and chat away for an hour or so....

Bond
10-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Speaking of the military, gekko should be arriving back from hell camp soon...

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-15-2003, 09:47 PM
didn't you hear about this place from me?! :hmm:
well partially, i just didn't want to give you any credit :p, but most of the ppl at ninglobe were emigrating here anyways, and ahh yes, cookiecaper, that jack@$$ :)

Happydude
10-15-2003, 10:52 PM
wait, wasn't cookiecaper shooter? cause if it was then he's a jackass, and a dumbass which makes him a total ass :p

bobcat
10-16-2003, 06:43 AM
and i remember you were the first person to welcome me............

good old nintendodolphin

ZebraRampage
10-20-2003, 10:25 AM
Yeah, MechaDragon and Stonecutter were the ones that showed me this place, and I registered because everyone from GCC also came here. After a while, I started to like this place and the people who posted, so that's my story.

:)

"Mommy, why does my stick get big when I stare at the purty girlies?"

Good times, good times. You also forgot GCC_Clone, whatever happened to him?

Yep, that's how I got here as well, MechaDragon and Stonecutter. And about GCC_Clone, I see him occasionally on msn...and I also see Mr.Nobody on AIM. I guess they both don't come here that much anymore...because they either forgot or don't want to.

Classic Rocker
10-20-2003, 04:33 PM
I came from GCC. I followed along and now I post here as much as I can.