PDA

View Full Version : F*cking midterms!

Revival
01-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Finally! My midterms are over and done with! I never have to deal with them again.. well, until June that is. There's only one good thing about midterms and that's the schedule when we have them. There are 2 midterms a day (3 for makeups) and the day ends at 11am. Each midterm lasts 1 hour 30 minutes. Here's how they have the schedule:

Monday - January 14, 2002
Period 1 (7:30 - 9:00)
Period 2 (9:30 - 11:00)

Tuesday - January 15, 2001
Period 3 (7:30 - 9:00)
Period 4 (9:30 - 11:00)

Wednesday - January 16, 2002
Period 5 (7:30 - 9:00)
Period 6 (9:30 - 11:00)

Thursday - January 17, 2001
Period 7 (7:30 - 9:00)
Period 8 (9:30 - 11:00)

And on Friday, we have no school because of Teacher Workshops. Now, all the periods that are in red are the ones where I had miterms.

Also, the other good thing duing midterms is that Pinkerton (my high school) has an open campus - you can walk off and on freely, you just can't get into the buildings during midterms. So, on the days and times that you don't have a midterm, you can sleep in later or go home early. Some people had it so that they got to miss a whole day.

Anyways, here's how I think did (the ones in blue are actual scores - I know my grade on those)

Period 1 -- ENGLISH: 90
Period 2 -- PHYSICS: 87
Period 3 -- SPANISH: 98
Period 6 -- ROTC: 88
Period 7 -- AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: 89
Period 8 -- ALGEBRA: 50

I know I did just horrible on my math - I found myself guessing on almost half of the questions..

Anyways, I'm just SO glad that week is over. Now I get Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday off from school - 4 days to recover :p.

Xantar
01-17-2002, 12:43 PM
You know, your school sounds an awful lot like my high school. Open campus, block scheduling, mid-terms after Christmas Break...

I'm so glad I got away from there. :D

*points and laughs at Shooter who has to endure his school for another two years*

Revival
01-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
You know, your school sounds an awful lot like my high school. Open campus, block scheduling, mid-terms after Christmas Break...

I'm so glad I got away from there. :D

*points and laughs at Shooter who has to endure his school for another two years*
We only have block scheduling during midterms and finals.

Also, I'm pretty sure my High School is bigger than yours.. Pinkerton has about 12 buildings, and is currently building a 4.7 million dollar arts building. I have to walk outside to switch classes.

And I'll be at Pinkerton for 3 more years - I'm only a freshman.

Gamer
01-17-2002, 12:47 PM
I have my fianl exams RIGHT NOW, in fact i am in the middle of one at this moment, i am just done typing it, so i am wasting time:D

BigJustinW
01-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Might as well tell you my grades for last semester

History: C (77%) (3 units)
Theater: C (70%) (3 units)
Economics D (61%) (3 units)
Weight Lifting A (1 unit)
Basketball PE A (1 unit)
Track PE A (1 unit)

My GPA issssss

Sad huh?

Each unit counts as one class... so a 3 unit class is counted 3 times in my GPA.

Revival
01-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Here's the map of the campus. Now, it doesn't show any of the fields, or any of the student parking lot, and the new building isn't on there yet - it's not done. But here's what it is like now (sorta):

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/pinkerton/PAMAPS6.jpg

Xantar
01-17-2002, 01:01 PM
My grades are...

POLS 002: Introduction to American Politics—pass
CHEM 10H: Introduction to Chemistry Honors—pass
MATH 16: Linear Algebra—pass
ENGL 6A: Legal Fictions—pass

As you can see, the first semester of the freshman year is a pass/fail semester in order to ease the transition into college life. This upcoming semester, my grades are going to be for real.

Ridley
01-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Well I guess I'll join the grade parade..... :unsure:

Grade 11

Gr11 Chemistry - 71
Gr11 CALM - 87
Gr11 English - 82
Gr11 Fre (Ext) - 74
Gr12 History Global Studies - 95
Gr11 Physics - 71
Gr11 Pre-Cal - 79

That's why I'm taking an Arts degree and plan to teach English as a second language in Japan ;). I don't know what my marks are for first semester this year. I won't know until February because exams start next Friday. This semester I'm taking:

- Gr12 Pre-Cal
- Computer Related Studies
- Gr12 English
- Gr12 Chemistry

Xantar and Shooter : "Well nobody asked you, now did they?"

I'm sorry, I just want attention :baby:.

:D j/k

BigJustinW
01-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
My grades are...

POLS 002: Introduction to American Politics—pass
CHEM 10H: Introduction to Chemistry Honors—pass
MATH 16: Linear Algebra—pass
ENGL 6A: Legal Fictions—pass

As you can see, the first semester of the freshman year is a pass/fail semester in order to ease the transition into college life. This upcoming semester, my grades are going to be for real.

That's cool... I wish my school had that

BreakABone
01-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Well just what I needed a thread where I could complain about school and post my grades.....

Well I finally am done with finals for now.. oddly enough my final final will be on the first day of the new semester (If this makes sense to anyone please send me a PM).....

Next week will be the other "final" week.. For anyone who speaks to me often enough will know that means Regents but luckily enough I suffered through 7 of them in the first 2 years of HS so I only have 2 more left for 2 years.. one a year... just great...

Now for grades....Well I don't get my final report card until Jan 29th but here are the ones from the 2nd marking period....

AP Cal=75% (Can't believe I'm doing this bad in Math and the final really didn't help much)

Gym=90%

AP Bio= 91%

Ap English is split into 2 seperate classes
English 7=98%

College Writing= 90%

American History=90%

Hopefully they keep up like that

Drunk Hobbit
01-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
Here's the map of the campus. Now, it doesn't show any of the fields, or any of the student parking lot, and the new building isn't on there yet - it's not done. But here's what it is like now (sorta):

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/pinkerton/PAMAPS6.jpg

Fudgin' la hoozits! That's a HS?!

:WHOA:

Happydude
01-17-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu

Fudgin' la hoozits! That's a HS?!

:WHOA:

YEAH...WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!

:WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :errr:

marionette
01-18-2002, 08:55 AM
i know right..that's huge..anyways, our mid terms are at the end of this week and the beginning of next week..but i won't be taking them then. i have to make then up. this was the best week to get strep throat and a fever:rolleyes:

Revival
01-18-2002, 09:39 AM
Yes - that is a High School - that's my High School. About 3,600 kids go there - it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) High School in the US - it's flipping huge.

Like I said before, that's not even with the new building that's being built right now. The new building will look like this:

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/pinkerton/ALUMNAB.JPG

To get an idea of where this is on the map, if you look in the upper left hand corner of the picture, that's the Science Building - so the new building is just up of the Science Building on the map.

BlueFire
01-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Erhm...since we are talking about Midterm grades...(Keep in mind, I am in 8th grade. Someone said I was in highschool or something..)

English- 94(A)
Algebra- 79 :sneaky: (C)
Science-120 :eek::eek: (A) (Highest grade in the whole grade...you'd be surprised how many I hate you comments I have heard :sneaky: )
American History- 100 (A)
Spanish- 88 (B)
Literature- 92 (B)
Vocabulary- 99 (A)
Religion- 100 (A)

BigJustinW
01-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Shooter... My High School is a LOT bigger than that...

last year 5,500 students went there

It has 5 Buildings with 4 stories, and it has Portables... AND we have a huge Cafeteria, a two level Theater, and 3 fields that are big enough to have Football games... but we only have one Track, and a pretty big Stadium...

If I find a Pic I will post it

ed328
01-18-2002, 04:08 PM

Anyways, here's how I think did (the ones in blue are actual scores - I know my grade on those)

Period 1 -- ENGLISH: 90
Period 2 -- PHYSICS: 87
Period 3 -- SPANISH: 98
Period 6 -- ROTC: 88
Period 7 -- AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: 89
Period 8 -- ALGEBRA: 50

How did you do that good in physics if you did so bad in algebra :confused:

Revival
01-18-2002, 04:09 PM
I got to use a calculator in Physics, I can't in Algebra.

Drunk Hobbit
01-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Didn't get most of my grades back...well got 103 on my Physics final.

First HS had 3,200 kids in a 3 story building confined to a small city block.

My other HS has 2,300 kids in a 9 story building taking up a little more than half the block.

*looks at Justin's post* What do you expect? Crazy California schools...

Revival
01-18-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
My other HS has 2,300 kids in a 9 story building taking up a little more than half the block.
That's a pretty good size.

gekko
01-18-2002, 05:17 PM
I got to use a calculator in Physics, I can't in Algebra.

Haha. I use my calculator all the time in Algebra, teacher knows it. The few (and i mean few) things it can't do, I program a new program during class and then I'm set for the chapter.

And you would be in JROTC, not ROTC.

Revival
01-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by gekko
And you would be in JROTC, not ROTC.
I know, but it's referred to as ROTC - that's it's course selection number (well, that's not numbers) and that's what shows up on my report card.

It's actually AFJROTC, but it's shortened.

gekko
01-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Air Force :unsure: Hell, why not Coast Gaurd?

:D

BreakABone
01-18-2002, 06:09 PM
I program game son my calculator and use that....

I never really liked to be dependent on a calculator because there are certain things you can't use it for.. Like I know my AP Cal test will have one section where the use of the calculator isn't allowed.....
And it never really made no sense to use it if you have no idea what you are doing.. Cals are usually last resorts for me...well that's just me...

Till like the games though