PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

Shadow Fox
02-15-2002, 12:19 PM
I've seen alot of this in the Xbox sites (which is amazingly ironic from the predictions they've made before), about upcoming and recent Xbox games not being up to snuff.

Just had to know if any of you guys are disappointed so far in your newfound system, or any games in particular. And since Universal Studios is pretty much GCN's version of Kabuki Warriors, don't mention it.

Now, are you GCers happy with the current and future games for your Cube? Why or why not?

Perfect Stu
02-15-2002, 01:41 PM
Well, I don't own a cube yet, but one things for sure. I'm definately not buying one until some great games come out for it...First, I hope SFA kicks ass....and if it does, I might buy a Cube when WMX8 comes out...if it doesn't, I'll have to wait until Mario and Zelda come out...

So I voted for "no"

N8
02-15-2002, 03:10 PM
I love it, SSB is great. SMB was real good until I got some other games. Both of these games have real fun multi player. Wave Race is pretty fun, although, kinda short. Extreme GIII is quite good too. Sure I'd like some absolutely awsome games, but I'm very happy with what I have. Plus people don't give SSB enough credit methinks. One of the most fun party games around.

Ginkasa
02-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Actually, I think I'm playing more of my DC than I am of my GCN. But's that because I recently bough ShenmueII and Skies of Arcadia....

But now that I've beaten them both I might go back to my GCN....

designated_GM3R
02-15-2002, 03:36 PM
Should've waited for the SoA port to the GCN.

Drunk Hobbit
02-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Don't have a GCN yet but that's just because I'm disappointed with it...and money...money's a factor. Anywhoo, there are so few games, none of which appeal to me that it doesn't seem worth it. I have my GBA and my new obsession with Tekken 4 at the arcade...

Gamer
02-15-2002, 04:57 PM
I am definitely not dissapointed with what Gamecube has put out so far. In fact I am far from it. But i think that having more than 2 or 3 great games is something that a system could really use. I mean, the two games that i found to be EXTRAORDINARY were Starwars and SSBM. But i am in the waiting stage right now, i am eagerly awaiting SF:DP and ED. I think those are both going to be sweet games and i really hope that they live up to their potential.:D

Joeiss
02-15-2002, 06:34 PM
I am disappointed with it. It does now have any game that I really want to play. If ED is AMAZING (I am sure it will be), there is a high chance I will be buying GCN in the summer, along with WMX8 and ED. Then, I'll buy Mario Sunshine whenever it comes out.

bobcat
02-15-2002, 11:44 PM
I don't have one yet. But compared to the DC launch, i'm disappointed with it's 1st gen games (like i was disappointed with Ps2's 1st gen games).

I'm waiting to c wot 2nd gen games will bring. I'm sure it'll rip

Blix
02-16-2002, 12:45 AM
I'm very happy with its games. I play SSBM alot. I also like THPS3 and RS2, and some others.

Revival
02-16-2002, 10:07 AM
I'm not quite sure yet..

I mean, there are a few cool games out there for the GameCube, many of which I haven't played.. because I'm too lazy to drive up to Londonderry to go to Blockbuster and rent them, and I don't have unlimited cash resources as I did before.

And there are crappy games out, most of which I haven't played.. and that's a good thing.

But I'm still mixed. I love my GameCube, but I'm not so sure about the games juuuuuust yet.

BigJustinW
02-16-2002, 10:31 AM
*thinks*

Right now, I play my Dreamcast, Ps2, N64, and Psx more than I play my GCN...

the games out right now are good, if I didn't own these other systems my Game librarty would be bigger than just SSB:M...

I'd also have:
Madden 2002
NBACourtside
Tony Hawk 3

The_Dunadan
02-16-2002, 07:55 PM
i'm not dissapointed. ssbm and rl rock but i got new games i'm playing right now on other systems. just waiting on new games for my gc.

LoudHowardZERO
02-17-2002, 01:59 AM
I play mone every day, I own every game that I want so far. It's only been three months so give it a chance. Wait til nintendo gets some more games on the market ;)

Nine Inch Nail
06-20-2002, 03:50 AM
I haven't gotten a Cube just yet, but I'm planning to get one sometime in the future. =D

Resident Evil is an awesome game. Star Fox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime all look amazing! :eek:

:gcube:

bobcat
06-20-2002, 04:10 AM
wow this is old!

Well right now as a console I'm disappointed with the GC.

I was also disappointed with the Xbox.

And I WAS disappointed with the Ps2 until FFX, MGS2, SH2 and GTAIII came out.

So I stick by my saying. All next gen consoles (except DC) sucked at launch and a bit after.

Once I see Zelda, Mario, SFA, RARE GAMES, Metroid, Mario Kart/Party, SC2, and FF, I'll be satisfied. It's pretty much a given coz I've always been happy with these types of games.

Nine Inch Nail
06-20-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
wow this is old!

Well right now as a console I'm disappointed with the GC.

I was also disappointed with the Xbox.

And I WAS disappointed with the Ps2 until FFX, MGS2, SH2 and GTAIII came out.

So I stick by my saying. All next gen consoles (except DC) sucked at launch and a bit after.

Once I see Zelda, Mario, SFA, RARE GAMES, Metroid, Mario Kart/Party, SC2, and FF, I'll be satisfied. It's pretty much a given coz I've always been happy with these types of games. You've gotta admit though...Halo probably was the best launch game ever. ;) Things are pretty dry for both Xbox/GCN.

Until Brute Force, Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, Blinx, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, and Metroid Prime hit the scene.

Sega fan
06-21-2002, 06:35 AM
I'm kinda of happy at what it's offering in the future. (that's when I'll pick one up)

But now nearly all the multi platform game sthat are being announced for the X-Box and PS2 are not planned for the GCN.

I mean Nintendo needs to get more third party support, because it's pretty weak right now.

fingersman
06-21-2002, 09:28 AM
Well I'm dissapointed...I hardly play my GC.....if any one wants to get a GC I would suggest getting one in November....then you'll have more great games to choose from. I'm getting RE and WMx8 soon ..but I'm just a tad dissapointed at the GC RPG library. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad system , it has great potential but I'm just not seeing half of that potential as yet...maybe at the end of this year....the GC will show me what it's made of.

OMG shadowfox posted something in our forums :eek: ;)

bobcat
06-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Biohazard
You've gotta admit though...Halo probably was the best launch game ever. ;) Things are pretty dry for both Xbox/GCN.

Until Brute Force, Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, Blinx, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, and Metroid Prime hit the scene. Best launch game ever!?

Nah.............IMO that was Super Mario World for SNES, or Mario64 for N64.

Halo was an awesome launch game, but still far from perfect IMO

Mushlafa
06-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Wow this thread is really old.. or we got 2 people comming back to GT who said they would leave.. Loudhoward and Shadowfox...

But.. um.. I dont have a cube yet... but if i did i woulda voted half and half.. if this poll was made about a month later... i think i would probably have voted hell yes.. or whatever that response is ..

gekko
06-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Halo was an awesome launch game, but still far from perfect IMO

Probably couse they rushed it.

BlueFire
06-21-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm disappointed right now and I'm playing more Ps2 than GC..but I hope that the games of GC's future are good..

Nine Inch Nail
06-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Resident Evil is honestly the ONLY reason right now that I would buy a GameCube. Not a very exciting time to be a GCN owner, IMO.

The lack of quality games for GameCube is making me wonder. I mean, every Nintendo console up until GCN had plenty of quality titles in their first year.

*thinks about ED, SMS, SFA, and MP*

Jin
06-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by designated_GM3R
Should've waited for the SoA port to the GCN.

And pay $30 more for it? Besides, the DC basically has the same graphics, and the controller's better for rpgs since the d-pad isn't all miniature.

I'm a little dissapointed in the GC games, but I'm sure there'll be a few more hits that'll get me playing again by the end of the year.

bobcat
06-21-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by gekko

Probably couse they rushed it.

That's how it felt excatly!

At times I could not hear what the hell that purple girl was saying!

It's like whenever she spoke, she was whispering or something. And I was trying to follow the story, and I couldn't.

They needed a lot more (and better) weapons. My mate asked me "What's the best weapon". And I'm like "Shotgun". He looked at me funny.

I still like it, but I had more fun with GE and PD on the N64. A lot more fun.

quiet mike
06-22-2002, 12:11 AM
I love my GameCube and all the games I got for it:Luigi's Mansion,Wave Race,Super Mokey Ball,Rogue Leader,FIFA 2002,
SSB:MELEE,Spiderman,007 Agent under Fire,Bloody Roar Primal Fury,Extreme G 3,Resident Evil,Pikmin, and other I can't remember since I sent them to my brother. Plus expecting on games like:

Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil (the series)
Mario Sunshine
Zelda GCN
Soul Calibur Yes I love my system. But right now I'm not playing it. I finish all the games on it but didn't get everything in all the games on hard yet I am a racing simulation gamer and I have waited enough.

6 days ago I went to the store and bought a PS2 with GT3-a,GTA3, FFX, AC4.

But ED will change that.

gekko
06-22-2002, 12:52 AM

That's how it felt excatly!

At times I could not hear what the hell that purple girl was saying!

It's like whenever she spoke, she was whispering or something. And I was trying to follow the story, and I couldn't.

They needed a lot more (and better) weapons. My mate asked me "What's the best weapon". And I'm like "Shotgun". He looked at me funny.

I still like it, but I had more fun with GE and PD on the N64. A lot more fun.

It's the truth. They had to rush it to get it ready for the launch. It was kinda like Doom 3, it was way off in the future, and all of the sudden they're moving right along.

Of course, no multiplayer cut down on a lot of development time, but also screwed up the development process a lot. Bungie said they were going to develop the engine first, then the multiplayer game, and then the single player game. There's also talks of controlling like behicles in the air and stuff, which I have yet to encounter or hear about. And also, I believe the multiplayer was supposed to be huge, like not 16 cheesy characters fighting at once, but giant levels and hundreds of people at the same time. That never came to be.

Halo could've been so much better if MS would keep away. Funny though, I heard Microsoft is required by law to release Halo on Mac. :lol:

Jonbo298
06-22-2002, 01:14 AM

Funny though, I heard Microsoft is required by law to release Halo on Mac. :lol:
:rofl: I haven't heard of that before. But it is damn funny! :rofl:

gekko
06-22-2002, 01:36 AM
I'm serious. Something about a lawsuit where Microsoft was accused of stealing some of Apple's code to make Windows (noticed they missed the stable section ;) ). And in the settlement, Microsoft needs to support Apple, and that's why they had to bring Office over, and Apple also gets Microsoft's games.

I heard that from someone, then saw something similar on an old-ass Halo preview. So I think it's true. So at least you know Halo is still coming, because if MS leaves it on Xbox, they'll be losing even more money.

Now if Apple owned Bungie *faints*

bobcat
06-22-2002, 02:56 AM
I'm serious. Something about a lawsuit where Microsoft was accused of stealing some of Apple's code to make Windows (noticed they missed the stable section ;) ). And in the settlement, Microsoft needs to support Apple, and that's why they had to bring Office over, and Apple also gets Microsoft's games.

I heard that from someone, then saw something similar on an old-ass Halo preview. So I think it's true. So at least you know Halo is still coming, because if MS leaves it on Xbox, they'll be losing even more money.

Now if Apple owned Bungie *faints*

:rofl:

nWoCHRISnWo
06-22-2002, 04:47 PM
If anything I'm impressed by it considering I thought I wouldn't like much of anything on GC. I rented two or three games, they were all sweet. I own two games, one is great and the other isn't my type of game (SSB:M) realy but I never bought it anyway so I don't care. Soon I'll have Eternal Darkness which I can tell will probably be tied with my favourite non-wrestling game ever. Then FirePro will be out in a while... No problems here.

GameKinG
06-22-2002, 05:12 PM
I like all of the games I bought, which is of coarse why I bought them. And there are a lot of good upcoming games as we all know. But there have been many dissapointments. Which, for unrelated reasons, are ussualy multiplatform games.