PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam sequel to GameCube

Angrist
02-13-2002, 03:12 PM
I just read it here (http://nintendo.cloudchaser.com/news/index.php?view=493). I haven't played that Serious Sam, but I heard it's a pretty good simple shoot 'em up.

There's also another game, a smuggler off-road hybrid or something :confused:

DeathsHand
02-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
There's also another game, a smuggler off-road hybrid or something :confused:

Smuggler's run 2... :p

I think maybe it's another game made by the GTA3 peoplez... I havn't played 1 or 2, but I hear 1 is OK and 2 is pretty good...

It's like offroad... craziness... :sneaky:

Old Skool
02-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Serious Sam and Serious Sam - The Second Encounter were fun games on the PC but I really do think there going to sux on consoles the game just plays to fast. In fact the whole point of the game is nothing but action all the way with almost no story line at all and what’s there is just stupid but that’s Serious Sam for you. Also will it be as cheap as the PC version if not there really is not enough there to make this game worth the $39.95.

Also I think Gamecube should be getting more exclusive titles from Take Two and not ports from other consoles or PC’s as all three consoles are now getting both of these games. Come to think of it is PS2 getting Serious Sam - The Second Encounter I can't recall seeing it I know Xbox is.

Angrist
02-13-2002, 04:05 PM
I didn't know the sequel already on the PC? :unsure:

Old Skool
02-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
I didn't know the sequel already on the PC? :unsure:

Lol yea I completed it just yesterday came out around two weeks ago in the UK.

check it out @ Gamespot.com (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,536238,00.html)

Gamer
02-13-2002, 09:18 PM
I saw a screenshot of Serious sam in NP once, it showed like a guy shooting up some flying totem poles or something, it was wierd

DarrenMcLeod
02-14-2002, 12:25 AM
It asks you that when you wan to quit. I thought that was gay.

The game is actually quite fun. Fast action... no story, but I don't really care. I want some good multiplayer with this one... that's something Cube needs, a good FPS with multiplayer... I miss FPS multiplayer.. :(

Blackmane
02-14-2002, 02:35 AM
I have never played Serious Sam. It will probably be ok on the console, but they should definetely think about putting in multiplayer. That alone might make it sell much better than it would.

Good thing FPS don't really need in depth stories.

Old Skool
02-14-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Blackmane
I have never played Serious Sam. It will probably be ok on the console, but they should definetely think about putting in multiplayer. That alone might make it sell much better than it would.

Good thing FPS don't really need in depth stories.

you would think they would have a multiplayer in the console version hell the PC had LAN, internet play and even a 4 player split screen mode. yes you did read that right a 4 player split screen on the PC.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/020502/serious2/serious2_screen012.jpg

C.H
02-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Serious sam is an excellent game on PC, although i haven't played the sequel yet. Although i'll probably just get the sequel on PC, it'll be good if it's done right.

Here's hoping.