PDA

View Full Version : SMW : SMA2 -- Got it yet?

Joeiss
02-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Well, it came out today in Canada, and yesterday in the states. Has anybody purchased this game yet? I totally forgot about it, so I will be getting it tomorrow, if I do not forget again ;)

So, for the people who do have it, please posts your thoughts about it here. Comment on Luigi's special features, and if there is anything else different in the game.

Jason1
02-12-2002, 10:46 PM
I ordered it with the 20 dollar Gift Certificate I won from Survivor...They dont ship it til the 16th for some reason, so I wont get it until at least the 20th...Damn Amazon....

I did play it at Wal-Mart though...but the damn GBA screen at wal-mart is so smuged up you couldnt see what was going on...not to mention the light was horrible...people just dont give a damn about display videogames...they abuse them like crazy.

Joeiss
02-13-2002, 09:23 PM
I got it today!!! Yeah! Some quick notes :

Luigi jumps like a loser, his feet "twinkle" in the air
Umm... Everything else is the same as Super Mario World, hence the name, Super Mario World : Super Mario Advancce 2
Opening scene was pretty cool, Mario and Luigi were on a joy ride while Peach was stolen, a shame, isn't it? ;)

I will post a review (possibly) in the next couple of days. But, you all know what the game is about, so I probably won't. :)

Gamer
02-20-2002, 05:13 PM
So is the game worth buying? I am hoping to be getting a hefty check in the mail soon, i am think ing about what to buy with it.

Jason1
02-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Id say its definately worth it, considering I saw it in a Best Buy ad for 22 bucks. Its even that much better for me considering I never really played the SNES version except for a little at a friends house.

Joeiss
02-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by gamer
So is the game worth buying? I am hoping to be getting a hefty check in the mail soon, i am think ing about what to buy with it.

Hells yeah. Buy this game as soon as you can, because it is just too sweet.

Notorious_1
02-22-2002, 09:44 AM
I played the SNES version to death back-in-the-day....but that hasn't stopped me from buying SMW:SMA2 and loving it:D

I don't play Luigi at all...he's a loser in this game, but after I beat the game with Mario, I'll play through with only Luigi.

Joeiss
02-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Notorious_1
I don't play Luigi at all...he's a loser in this game, but after I beat the game with Mario, I'll play through with only Luigi.

No man! I totally disagree with you. Luig is amazing in this game. His "***gy" jump does wonders. And he is 10 times better than Mario, IMO.

Jason1
02-23-2002, 12:19 PM
The amount of secret levels in this game is disturbing. I think I will be playing this for a very long time...

Revival
02-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
The amount of secret levels in this game is disturbing. I think I will be playing this for a very long time...
So.. long gameplay, good replay value.

Joeiss
02-23-2002, 02:14 PM
I passed this game this morning! Yeah! Go Joe, its your birthday.

Umm... Yeah, great game. One of the best Mario games for the best handheld system, what a couple!

Jason1
02-23-2002, 10:28 PM
I just beat it today(although I havent beaten star road and I ahvent found most of the Secret areas...the ending was meh...kinda typical for the type of game I guess...

Joeiss
02-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
I just beat it today(although I havent beaten star road and I ahvent found most of the Secret areas...the ending was meh...kinda typical for the type of game I guess...

Oh, I meant that I beat the whole game. As in getting all 96 levels/paths. Then everything changes (the enemies and landscapes).

Revival
02-24-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Umm... Yeah, great game. One of the best Mario games for the best handheld system, what a couple!
Yeah.. exactly what I was going to say :D

I'm hoping to pick up the game sometime soon.