PDA

View Full Version : I got too much junk

gekko
07-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Collectables? Fancy word for junk! Piles of worthless junk! Why must it torment me?

Ahem. I was cleaning out my room today only to find I have way too much junk, 99.9% of it gaming-related junk. I have every game magazine I have ever bought, dating back to the 80s. Why? I never read them, and they are just taking up space in boxes weighing well over 50 lbs. What a waste.

I have a million comic books. Why? Again, I don't read them. I have most of the first 50 Sonic ones, I have the books for Mario and Zelda which are made up of the comics that ran in Nintendo Power in the early 90s. I have some Nintendo ones that are ancient, like Captain N issue 3. Taking up space...

You know those old inserts that come with Nintendo games telling you to ubscribe to Nintendo Power? I have ones that came with games that are nearly a decade old, and I even have one from the NES days. Pure worthless junk. Have some for Sega too. Buy two Saturn games, get some money back. Panzer Dragoon Saga, $49!! Ha! Not these days.

I have strategy guides for games I'll probably never play again, dating back to SMB3. Why, why, why?

I have action figures and toys from Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Monkey Ball, Mario Kart, Pokemon, and a million other games. I don't play with toys. Junk. I have plushes like Sonic and Tails from their Genesis days, some Mario and Yoshi ones, the whole damn Sonic Adventure set, and of course, Samba de Amigo. Plushes take up a ton of space. Then we got beanies, every way Nintendo released, along with their talking counterparts, and some posable. Pokemon had a million beanies too, I have quite a few. More junk.

I have every bobblehead Nintendo has released, as well as Lara Craft. I have the Super Mario Sunshine capsule toy complete collection, from Japan. Ok, sweet decorations, but that's all they do! Take up space!

I got t-shirts I never wear. Yoshi's Story, Resident Evil, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Kart Double Dash, and some others. More stuff taking up space.

It's all junk I tell ya! While some people may try to convince you that it's somehow cool having old game magazines and stuff, it's not. It's a huge waste of space! Why the hell would anyone hang on to all this crap? Such a waste of time trying to sort through it all now. Wow, the cardboard back to the action figure that came with Ocarina of Time! Garabage! *sigh* But hey, I could've been worse. At one point I had all my SNES, N64, and Game Boy boxes. What a big waste that was.

Now the moral of the story is, trash this stuff when you get it, it's junk, and it'll save you the trouble later on.

GameMaster
07-11-2003, 04:42 PM
A lot of people on e-Bay may find your junk to be of some worth.

A wise man once said, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Rndm_Perfection
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
What Saturn games do you have? I'd consider buying them.

gekko
07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm not selling any games. I haven't sold anything but my NES. That, and my Saturn isn't very old at all. Only about a year or so, and I haven't even played all my games, like Panzer Dragoon. Just bought it cause I saw it new.

Games are a waste of space, but not the junk I'm complaining about.

Canyarion
07-11-2003, 05:14 PM
If you wait long enough, it'll be worth a lot of money! :D

Rndm_Perfection
07-11-2003, 05:25 PM
So, basically you have all this stuff... you're complaining about it, you won't sell it, you don't use them, and you probably didn't even purchase most of it by yourself.

*waits for the right time*

Quit whining.

The Duggler
07-11-2003, 07:09 PM
So, basically you have all this stuff... you're complaining about it, you won't sell it, you don't use them, and you probably didn't even purchase most of it by yourself.

Quit whining.
:lol:

Stonecutter
07-11-2003, 07:59 PM

Quit whining.

Agreed,

A classic case of too much money and not a thought as what to do with it.

Sell it, pitch it, or stop bitching.

gekko
07-11-2003, 09:38 PM
If you wait long enough, it'll be worth a lot of money! :D

Not exactly. Most of it is worthless, just stuff you have as a kid, buy toys here and there, enjoy it for a while, then shove it somewhere. Most of the stuff would've gone down in value. For example, the Link bobblehead used to go for $75 on eBay. Now it goes for $15.

It's just I've been playing games for 14 years. Along the way I got some neat game-related toys, you play with them for a while, enjoy them, then shove it somewhere. A decade later you go clean out all this crap, what I might have had some reason to hang on to, I now find completely worthless and I've already wasted a day cleaning through only some of it.

Think of it as collecting baseball cards as a kid. You think they're so cool, and you don't want to get rid of them because they might be worth something one day. So you tuck them away in a closet, only to find them again a decade later, and now you realize they're not worth anything and it's just junk.

manasecret
07-12-2003, 01:40 AM
I grew up on a healthy dose of "throw sh|t away," despite my parents being the polar opposite to that theory. So I don't have much of a problem with that, except I am keeping all my Pogs and the few comic books I got.

I don't think the comic books are ever gonna be worth much, but I have so few it doesn't matter. However, I have like 1,000 Pogs all in one big binder. And I don't know if anyone played that crap a few years back, but there was a series of pretty crass holographic Pogs called Slugs that I have the whole collection of. I think that could at least be worth something, because someday Pogs will come back. Mark my word! :sneaky:

GameMaster
07-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Do you have a Domo-Kun doll by any chance? :D

Stonecutter
07-12-2003, 02:26 AM
I grew up on a healthy dose of "throw sh|t away," despite my parents being the polar opposite to that theory. So I don't have much of a problem with that, except I am keeping all my Pogs and the few comic books I got.

I don't think the comic books are ever gonna be worth much, but I have so few it doesn't matter. However, I have like 1,000 Pogs all in one big binder. And I don't know if anyone played that crap a few years back, but there was a series of pretty crass holographic Pogs called Slugs that I have the whole collection of. I think that could at least be worth something, because someday Pogs will come back. Mark my word! :sneaky:
Remember Alf?
He's Back!
In Pog form!

Dyne
07-12-2003, 02:29 AM
I know you'd hate to hear this, but I'd love to have gaming junk coming out of my ears. Don't you even know the word nostalgia? One of life's greatest pleasures.

Rndm_Perfection
07-12-2003, 01:45 PM
I know you'd hate to hear this, but I'd love to have gaming junk coming out of my ears. Don't you even know the word nostalgia? One of life's greatest pleasures.

Damn Straight... and nice sig.

Jason1
07-13-2003, 09:40 PM
LOL, I have a little bit of stuff like that...and Pogs will make a comeback...no doubt about it.

DimHalo
07-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I've got some of the holographic pogs. Don't have very many though.