PDA

View Full Version : Well I'd say this about settles it

Ridley
02-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Finally Cloudchaser Nintendo (and GT too :D) has reported today officially from Nintendo that Star Fox Adventures : Dinosaur Planet, Eternal Darkness, and the Wavebird : Controller finally have confirmed release dates. SFA will arrive on June 10 for $49.95 and the Wavebird ($39.95) and ED ($49.95) will arrive on June 24. So basically Star Fox will be out before my birthday and the other two will be out after.

Here's the article :

Nintendo has finally confirmed American release dates for Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures. Unfortunately you're going to have to wait a little longer than expected..

NINTENDO GAMECUBE Product Update

Are you ready for details about Nintendo products launching in the coming months, including two highly anticipated exclusive NINTENDO GAMECUBE(TM) titles, at least 30 new NINTENDO GAMECUBE third-party games, and a new peripheral, the wireless controller? As you will see, the first half of 2002 will be busy for NINTENDO GAMECUBE fans.

-- StarFox(R) Adventures debuts June 10, a joint development effort by the world-renowned game designers at RARE, Ltd., and Nintendo, only for NINTENDO GAMECUBE, retailing for $49.95.

-- The eerily intriguing Eternal Darkness(TM): Sanity's Requiem takes players on an action-filled, psychological adventure on June 24. Rated "M" for mature, this game offers spine-tingling thrills for $49.95.

-- Nintendo will offer a revolutionary wireless controller using RF technology: the innovative Wave Bird(TM) Controller. The Wave Bird Controller will allow people to play NINTENDO GAMECUBE from anywhere in the room, without wires and without having to be directly in front of an infrared receiver. The Wave Bird Controller, priced at $39.95, arrives June 24.

-- With a total library of 60 games expected by the end of June, the first-half line-up has substantial third-party support, including Spiderman: The Movie and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury from Activision, Smashing Drive from Namco, Evolution Worlds from Ubi Soft, Resident Evil from Capcom, Soccer Slam and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle from Sega, Wrestlemania X8 from THQ, James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire from Electronic Arts, Spy Hunter from Midway and more from additional developers including Interplay, Kemco, Konami and Take Two.

Here's the link :

http://nintendo.cloudchaser.com/news/index.php?view=488

designated_GM3R
02-12-2002, 05:35 PM
That is a kick in the ass for those select few Gamecube owners who purchased the console for either of the two games.

gekko
02-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Thank god! I'm running out of time, I need the break until summer before these games come.

GameKinG
02-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Pain to some, good for me! Now I have time to save up some more for those as well as purchase other games I dont have yet.

Ridley
02-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah I also found new footage released on IGN:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/324/324481p1.html

They did a nice job lip-synching IMO and now we finally know who that maniac is, who yells at us, when we go to the Silicon Knights page :D.

Joeiss
02-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Damn! Weren't these supposed to be launch titles? I mean, does it take a long time to touch up some areas? Or are these guys adding ALOT of new stuff to the games?

Gamer
02-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, im just glad that they will be out before summer! Maybe i can con my parents into buying me a game if i get honours...

GameMaster
02-12-2002, 09:49 PM
MUST HAVE WAVEBIRD!!! :D :D :D

Blix
02-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Great! I hope they don't take it back anymore. But that will also make RE1 and ED releases be very close. Which i don't think is good for ED. :unsure: Cause RE could steal it's thunder IMO.

Jason1
02-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Im sure Ill end up getting both.

Shadow Fox
02-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Well, it seems that Evolution Worlds will be the first official RPG for GameCube. Hmmm....if PSO ver. 1 for Xbox comes out AFTER PSO ver.2 for GCN, looks like the Xbox version will be VERY dated by the time it ships.

Hmmm. What of Enix? What of the Grandia, Star Ocean, DragonQuest, and Crossgate possibilities? And no, don't quote Yuk! Yuk! Troublemakers (Mischief Makers); Enix hasn't worked with developers Treasure in over five years, and I hardly doubt they'd go back.

Everyone prepare for Kameo, DK Racing, and PD0 delays to be confirmed by Rare- SFA has taken over 7 months longer than it's orginally planned release date, and I doubt everyone working on SFA is a totally different team than that of the other three titles.

Nintendos blockbuster's only start in June- that doesn't leave much time for all the rest of its quoted 2002 titles....hmm....

*bangs head on keyboard*

*erases two pages of "lkjoihew" posts*

Angrist
02-13-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah I saw the movie, pretty neat! Cool voice-acting! I'll start a topic about the litterature and stuff.