PDA

View Full Version : Confession v2.. amendment

Dyne
06-29-2003, 01:31 AM
Yes! Dyne bought a PS2 and Devil May Cry.

So far, it is very kickass. But the night I got it, it wasn't kickass, because I couldn't afford the memory card. Major letdown. But I played the first mission anyways and it was fun.

So after golfing and a lunch today I got back home and called my friend.. he lent me Kingdom Hearts and a memory card. Luckily, that's his spare, so he won't ever need it unless he wants to play a sports game (and I don't see why he would). As I waited for him I played Suikoden on my PS2 with the smooth texturing and I must say, I can tell a difference--apart from the lines, it's pretty good. So he came over, and we played through DMC. What an awesome game...

From now on, I would like to proclaim the PS2's awesomeness! You guys have influenced me in my purchase, and I am very happy. Thank you all.

bobcat
06-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Yes! Dyne bought a PS2 and Devil May Cry.

So far, it is very kickass. But the night I got it, it wasn't kickass, because I couldn't afford the memory card. Major letdown. But I played the first mission anyways and it was fun.

So after golfing and a lunch today I got back home and called my friend.. he lent me Kingdom Hearts and a memory card. Luckily, that's his spare, so he won't ever need it unless he wants to play a sports game (and I don't see why he would). As I waited for him I played Suikoden on my PS2 with the smooth texturing and I must say, I can tell a difference--apart from the lines, it's pretty good. So he came over, and we played through DMC. What an awesome game...

From now on, I would like to proclaim the PS2's awesomeness! You guys have influenced me in my purchase, and I am very happy. Thank you all.

OMG 10 years later you realise.

You must have a Ps2. It's like the default purchase of console gaming.

I hate DMC, but that's just MO.

You should get:-

FFX
Kingdom Hearts
MGS 2
SH3
VF4
CVS2

These are my favourite games on Ps2. It's not a lot, but these games are must haves.

ominub
06-29-2003, 03:27 AM
thats great that you got your PS2. its a great system. its one i was saving up to get for a long time. im going to eventualy get a GC for PSO but that wont be for a month or 2

Dyne
06-29-2003, 04:37 AM
OMG 10 years later you realise.

You must have a Ps2. It's like the default purchase of console gaming.

I hate DMC, but that's just MO.

You should get:-

FFX
Kingdom Hearts
MGS 2
SH3
VF4
CVS2

These are my favourite games on Ps2. It's not a lot, but these games are must haves.

Yep, I'm running on the low-money reserves now that it's blown on the system ;) I run on the plan where I can borrow the games from my friends, and they don't mind.. because they've finished them. And, I picked DMC mainly because I'm an action whore and none of my friends had it. Heh.

FFX- Halfway through from when I played through in august I think, gonna pick up when I borrow again.
Kingdom Hearts- Yep, it's in my possession.
MGS2- Played through Substance on Xbox..
SH3- I don't live in Europe ;_;
VF4- Yeah, AM2 rules.. Shenmue and VF are always must-haves for me
CVS2- Yes O_O I want a good dose of fighter games this summer, gonna look into GGX2 as well, heard that's an addictive game

God, I wish I had money. The used video game store near me has a lot of PS2 games for really cheap. Not new, but still games. They have a lot of stuff.. I think the newest game they have is DW4.

Got a whole summer... I'm going to play through all the games I can get at least once. I'm also going to refrain from the GTA games... because I know I could waste a lot of time with them messing around. Lol.

Perfect Stu
06-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Dyne ma' boy, nice pickup.

Devil May Cry is a very kickass game, no doubt...don't get DMC2, though.

You should wait for VF4:Evo comes out this fall (it launches at $20). I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but VF4 is my favourite fighter ever.

Now, I don't know which genres are your favourite, but a couple games I'd STRONGLY recommend are ICO and Ratchet and Clank

Some games to look forward to this year:

-EA Online (Madden, NHL, NFS:Underground, etc.)
-SOCOM II
-Jak II
-Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
-Gran Turismo 4
-Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

:burger:

Joeiss
06-29-2003, 11:17 AM
I would still play my PS2, if I didn't get constant Disc Read Errors. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

CrOnO_LiNk
06-29-2003, 01:15 PM
I would still play my PS2, if I didn't get constant Disc Read Errors. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Joe, I have the same problem, but I think I can help. Make your PS2 stand vertically rather than horizontly...

Like this: http://drs.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=PS2+vertical/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.modchip-sbox.com/imageSite/v-Stand/look.gif

My PS2 barely works when it's standing horizontly, just turn it vertically and games actually start and play better. Yes, it's true.

Also, if that doesn't seem to work, this (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ps2_disc_read_error_a.txt) will. That link will solve all your problems but it is still very risky.

And congrats Dyne. PS2 is awesome. The games I recommend are:

Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2

One Winged Angel
06-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I still can't believe how bad DMC2 was. Why did they mess up on something already perfect?

BlueFire
06-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Don't forget Silent Hill 1, 2, and when it comes out, 3 :D

Joeiss
06-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Damnit! Now I have to rearrange my whole setup to make the PS2 go verticle.. lol. Thanks for the tip crono link.. I'll try it out later today

Perfect Stu
06-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Joe, have you tried a lens cleaner?

Dyne
06-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Dyne ma' boy, nice pickup.

Devil May Cry is a very kickass game, no doubt...don't get DMC2, though.

You should wait for VF4:Evo comes out this fall (it launches at $20). I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but VF4 is my favourite fighter ever.

Now, I don't know which genres are your favourite, but a couple games I'd STRONGLY recommend are ICO and Ratchet and Clank

Some games to look forward to this year:

-EA Online (Madden, NHL, NFS:Underground, etc.)
-SOCOM II
-Jak II
-Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
-Gran Turismo 4
-Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

:burger:

Ah yeah, forgot about Evo. I should raise funds for that. :)

EA games.. yeah, I want to get the new Madden.. the ownership mode sounds absolutely sweet. :D I still have to get SOCOM.. I was never a real fan of fps (except goldeneye, nightfire, halo) and it's still quite expensive, but I want to see what it's like. All the platformers look great on this system too, I want to try them out--especially Jak 2. Ten times the size of that one level? Je-sus.

GT3&4 I want to play... most of the time when I buy a console I make sure I get a racer; they're always fun. :D

This evening my friend (with the broken PS2 and no money) dumped off 20+ games. I have Silent Hill 2 (looking forward to that!), Frequency (very, very addictive.. will suffice for the lack of DDR-age, I hope =o), Vice City, FFX, and a whole lot of others. I'm going to go to bed early tonight.. that's a first! ;)

Disc read errors? Clean the lens, yeah.. and DON'T put it in vertical position for too long! There's horror stories of incredibly scratched discs, and it's apparently more vunerable to disc reads errors....

Stonecutter
06-30-2003, 02:21 AM
If you own a ps2 and you're not buying Ace Combat 4 and 5 I'm going to come to canada and personlly beat on you.

AC4 is almost enough to get me to buy a ps2.

ominub
06-30-2003, 03:46 AM
Joe, have you tried a lens cleaner?

i had a friend with the problem of his lens being dirty he was going to break his ps2 but then he just tried a lens cleaner and it ended up working perfect

Perfect Stu
06-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Dyne, hold out until SOCOM II....I hear it's going to be MUCH better than SOCOM. Much better graphics, better online play, fixed bugs, more levels etc.

And about the lens cleaner...I use it on my PC, CD player and DVD player as well. It keeps everything nice and clean and I haven't had any problems. You're supposed to use it for every 30 hours of usage...something like that anyway

DarkMaster
06-30-2003, 12:29 PM
If you own a ps2 and you're not buying Ace Combat 4 and 5 I'm going to come to canada and personlly beat on you.

AC4 is almost enough to get me to buy a ps2.
Agreed. AC4 is awesome.

CrOnO_LiNk
06-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Dyne, hold out until SOCOM II....I hear it's going to be MUCH better than SOCOM. Much better graphics, better online play, fixed bugs, more levels etc.

I agree. The first SOCOM has some problems, but SOCOM 2 is what the first one should have been... That's what EGM said.

Also, another reason you should wait for SOCOM 2 rather than getting SOCOM is because of cheaters. There are a bunch of them, but SOCOM 2 will be more strict in terms of cheating.

Seth
06-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Damn hell. Next console gen i'm going to buy 2 consoles on release....and then see what happens. IMO it's too late for me to dish out the money for another system. I don't play games enough anyway.
Hope you have fun with your PS2 dyne.