PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 movie being made

One Winged Angel
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Hollywood is for the first time recreating the events surrounding the deadly terror strikes on New York and Washington to mark the second anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

The TV film, being made by Showtime Networks Inc, will depict the attacks from the viewpoint of events at the White House following the strikes.

Titled 'DC 9/11', the movie starts on the morning of the attacks and follows President Bush's dramatic journey back to Washington immediately after hijacked jets ploughed into the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

The docudrama will also follow his first historic visit to Ground Zero, the site of the fallen twin towers in New York, as the world reeled from the impact of the attacks.

"Based on real life accounts, the film will interweave actual footage from these haunting events," a Showtime source said

The movie will star Timothy Bottoms as Mr Bush, Scott Alan Smith as White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, Lawrence Pressman as Vice President Dick Cheney and Penny Johnson Jerald as National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice.

I'm sorry but only 2 years after a movie is being made. I'm finding this a little sickening.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-12351665,00.html

DarkMaster
06-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Talk about inevitable. A week after 9/11, I was suggesting to my friends that someone would make a movie out of this some day. But this soon? Come on, there are still thousands of people grieving over this tragedy. It's still too fresh in people's minds.

DeathsHand
06-26-2003, 08:09 PM
At least it's a 'docudrama' made for TV (come on, they make made for TV movies out of EEEVERYTHING) and not some full-blown hollywood BLOCKBUSTAH starring Tom Cruise, George Clooney, and every other big star in the business...

But whatever...

One Winged Angel
06-26-2003, 08:14 PM
They're using the 9/11 attack as a way to make money. It pisses me off when they use American tragedies so that hollywood can make more money.

DeathsHand
06-26-2003, 09:33 PM
They're using the 9/11 attack as a way to make money. It pisses me off when they use American tragedies so that hollywood can make more money.

Eh... *shrugs*...

That's why it's better that it's a made for TV movie instead of a major hollywood film... Because made for TV movies are already known for taking every single thing that gets a lot of news attention and making a movie out of it :sneaky:

BlueFire
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Come on... who didn't see this coming?

Mechadragon
06-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Well they have the same guy from "That's My Bush" playing Dubya. Very interesting...

Jonbo298
06-27-2003, 09:38 AM

This may be a little "off topic" but its still similar. What about the game industry? They have tons of games that are from the WWII era? And many other games also depict some kind of major conflict but yet no one cares. *end rant*
But back on topic. I'll probably watch it to see what they do with it. I'm well over the tragedy and this will be something good to see. If its good enough, and if they release it on DVD, I might get it.

Joeiss
06-27-2003, 10:32 AM
I'll definitely watch it. I can barely remember the attacks.. It was so long ago. And what about all the "I love New York" and the American flags being sold after the attacks? Were they using American tragedies to make money?

I see this film as nothing but educational, unless they go crazy and make stuff up. But it is a docudrama.. I never heard that word before, but it should be true to the facts.

And Jonbo, good point about the wars... But I think that the only reasons they are acceptable is that:

They are made to be ultra realistic
The wars should be remembered, and in these years, videogames and movies are the best way to get teens to get involved with the past
and the wars were something that America and Canada chose to be apart of (well, Canada didn't chose to be in WWI, but w/e), so it is acceptable.. 9/11 wasn't voluntary

Yep yep..