PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Winter - button mashing at it's finest

Neo
02-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Yesterday I picked up a copy of ESPN International Winter Games. Should have rented it first... Many of the events require you to do nothing else but enter button combos. With snowboarding for example, you don't control the motion of the player with the analog stick or anything; it's all automatic. You just wait until the athlete reaches the top of the half-pipe where you enter in a button sequence in the hopes of pulling off a combo.

Same with figure skating - you don't control where the skater goes. You just enter combos when it prompts you to do so. And since there are only three song routines to choose from, it gets old fast.

The only buttons you use for speed skating are X and O. That's it. You alternate tapping them as fast as you can for a couple laps.

Don't even get me started on curling..

DeathsHand
02-12-2002, 02:28 PM
You should have known not to buy Konami sports games and/or Olympic games... :sneaky:

heh heh heh...

Havn't olympic games always been kinda simplistic? Like you say the speed skating tap X and O thing, but I remember like this old olympic game on the NES... I think with swimming, you had to do something similar to that...

and for that... thing where they spin around and fling that big ball thing... all you did was rotate the thing...

I wonder if they will make a good olympic game where each sport is a bit more than like a watered down version of it or something... heh heh...