PDA

View Full Version : NHL: Hasek returns?

Null
06-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Imma go out on a limb and say not many of ya like the guy all that much. :p

But rumors be flyin around here in the news in such that There have been talks between Redwings and Hasek for him to come back and play again.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2003/06/145767.html to have a link :p

Which if it did happen would pose a ton of questions....

you know damn well Cujo will not want to be a backup goalie. nor would the wings want to pay both them that much money. So cujo would probably go, (avs be lookin for goalie. heh)

also if he came back. he would then go again sometime in the future. once again leaving wings in need of a goalie. wings willing to give up younger cujo knowing they would be in that situation later on?

Detroit loves hasek, they begged him to go one more year... fans would like it.

i bet if he does you see Roy back in a year or two also.

Anywho. i wish people would make up thier damn minds when they retire, stupid to say you retire then come back. why not just say you want a year off to think about it or something. *shrug*

nWoCHRISnWo
06-24-2003, 04:25 PM
You're right, I don't like Hasek very much. =-D

Maybe if he returns he can help Detroit win by attacking players, like he did in his roller league or whatever. :wink:

Seriously, I don't think he will come back though. Just a guess. I don't know if Detroit would be willing to give up Cujo to get Hasek for one year...

And I don't know why everyone is always so upset about players retiring and then coming back. They retired, then they couldn't stay away from the game that they played for their whole lives. A lot of the times the player is still pretty damn good too. Mario Lemieux is arguably still in the top three players in the league, he was a huge story for the NHL in the last three years (well moreso when he very first cameback). I'm sure Hasek will still be pretty good if he does come back, so it's not that bad.

Null
06-24-2003, 05:28 PM
im just sayin i think they should put a bit more thought into it.

to retire shoulda kinda be a little more meaningful. everyone says goodbye to a player they admire.

its not that it upsets me that these players come back. if thier good players they've earned the right to and are good to see again playing the game.

just IMO, hasek coulda said he was taking a year off to rest up or decide how he feels about it all.

Joeiss
06-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Well.. Doesn't Cujo have a no trade clause in his contract? If he does.. I think the only place that he would go is Colorado.. yep.

Null
06-24-2003, 09:10 PM
yea i think he does.

Seth
06-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Silly Hasek :rolleyes:

If Detroit wants a 100 year old goalie back then let them. Hasek's been out of serious training for a year now and he isn't any younger.

Also, i'd hate to see what happens to his rep as a player if he isn't as good anymore. There's so much young goalie talent coming into the league.....He should just enjoy retirement or something. Look at Michael Jordan :shakehead

Oh well, but Cujo's arguably just as good as Hasek, he just needs to get used to detroit.

Null
06-25-2003, 06:49 PM
there are older goalies then him.

he's not 100.... oh. that was a joke :rolleyes:

its not detroit talkign him into it. it would be his decision to come back. and detroits contract still holds with him untill a certain point and he would become a free agent.

hasek actually has stayed in shape. he has been playing hockey. just not a goalie ;P

hasek is a better goalie then cujo. or was at least. detroit is VERY VERY VERY picky about goalies. and they'll give up and turn on a goalie in a second.
but your 'get used to detroit' line is kinda bleh. he had the same amount of time to get used to detroit as hasek did. (not saying he isnt used to detroit i like cujo :p detroit just ran into a wall in playoffs or i think his record woulda been better)

stats wise hasek is better tho.

detroit really liked haseks work ethic and attitude better then many of the goalies we've had. we got some great young goalies being stored away and playing in minors or other leagues.

Hasek is not conscerned about his rep. he left cuz he didnt have the desire to play. not because he won and wanted to leave on that note. And sometimes taking time off gets you that fire to play again.

really i dunno what i want. if detroit got hasek. i do like him as a goalie a little more. but he woudlnt be around long.

Cujo would be around longer. but not all that long either.

IF hasek went to detroit. and detroit wanted him.... Cujo would undoubtally wave his no trade clause, and leading teams to get him would prolly be Philly or NY Rangers.

i know Colorado is looking for a keep. and i thought i read Vancouver is keeping and eye out. But i'd have a tough time seeing detroit trade him to a Western power team. unless he really really pushed for it.

im fine with either keep. most likely it will be cujo and hasek wont come back. But as i said. we got some great young ones on the harizon so its all good

Seth
06-27-2003, 02:41 AM
Unfortunately Vancouver's pay roll doesn't even remotely allow them to pick up a goalie like cujo. Colorado's backup goalie makes more than twice Cloutier's wage. Also, Brian Burke can be stubborn. IMO cloutier isn't the kind of goalie that can take you to a cup. But meh, i'd like to see cujo go back to the east.

Mesa don't want colorado to get cujo.

Dragon-Fly
06-28-2003, 01:29 PM
If hasek comes back it will be only for more money. I think he's stupid of doing this, because first you say you retire and now you wanna come back. and what about cujo. okay? he's not the best and he made mistakles in the playoffs, but what about his contract. Number 2 goalie? i don't think he'll fall for that. unless he wants the money he couldn't care less. but what hasek is doing coming back, for 12 m$ is wrong?

Null
06-28-2003, 02:01 PM
hasek wouldnt be getting more money. he'd be getting the same as what he got before. also same as what Cujo is getting now.

Dragon-Fly
07-07-2003, 08:40 PM
ya but what about cujo? who's gonna trade a good player for him. plus there's rumours, of rangers picking him up and trading dunham to Boston. Is that TRUE??????

Null
07-09-2003, 11:15 PM
actually theres quite a few teams that would want cujo.

Cujo has said he will waive his no trade clause if he has a say in where he goes.

Wings have given him a list of possible places.

Rumors include Him going to Rangers for Lindros.

another Rumor has him going to Boston for Lapoint back.

there was even a very odd rumor about him for Jagr, which is BS, cuz washington doesnt need a goalie.

i could see him possibly going to Vancouver if they are looking for one. i still doubt he'd goto Colorado.

Sykkie
07-13-2003, 09:51 PM
The value for Curtis is lower than ever due to the fact that GMs around the league know that he or Hasek must be moved. There is no possible way the Wings can afford to put $16,000,000 into two goaltenders. It isn't financially possible and it sets an irresponsible precedent for other teams.

That said, expecting a top six forward and a decent pick is not out of the question. In fact, it's likely what will happen. If the Wings are forced to take Martin Lapointe back, they will have to eat some of his current $5,000,000 contract. That's a small price to pay in order to move Joseph though.

Since the Wings are absolutely stacked on the blueline, they will likely deal for a 2nd line center or winger to replace Robataille (not hard to replace his production). A guy like Lindros would be great for Detroit if they could get him to renegotiate the clause in his contract that bumps his base $3,000,000 up to $9,000,000 if he plays a certain amount of games. Yes, Sather messed up on that one.

Perhaps a contract based on production rather than games played? I'm sure Eric and his Daddy would love that. :shakehead

Just my $.02