PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Anime?

BlueFire
06-22-2003, 01:18 AM
What's everyone's favorite Anime?

While I never enjoy picking one, I would probably say Hellsing. :D It's an amazing anime spanning 4 DVDs. It's about a organization called Hellsing, located in England. It takes place in the year 2010+.. near future :p Vampires sometimes rampage through the country of England (and around the world). Hellsing is devoted to exterminating vampires in England. Their main hunter is... a vampire named Alucard. Ironic:p He's a bad ass. Really cool character.

I suggest people to check out Hellsing :D

Ginkasa
06-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Well... I'm not entirely sure exactly which is my favorite. Depends really. Sometimes I'm just going crazy over 'The World' in .hack//SIGN (and other .hack properties) and sometimes I'm dreaming of piloting an EVA in Neon Genesis Evangelion or wondering which Gundam universe is the best.

Depends entirely on my mood as to which anime is my favorite. Also just which won I've been watching a lot of...

*shrugs and walks away*

Joeiss
06-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Definitely Pokemon.

One Winged Angel
06-22-2003, 01:42 PM
My favorite anime would have to be Cowboy Bebop. It was a little deviated from all the other animes and such. It had an amazing story about his crew and Spike's love, Julia. I thought the story was the best in any Anime movie that was ever released.

Oh... and I like My Neighbor Totoro :P

Rndm_Perfection
06-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion... or Boogiepop Phantom.

Bond
06-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Uhhh......

I liked Digimon.....

Rndm_Perfection
06-22-2003, 06:11 PM
What's everyone's favorite Anime?

By the way, do you only mean series? Because there are a whole bunch of great films such as Armitage III, Akira, Princess Mononoke, and others.

RagedHybrid
06-22-2003, 06:24 PM
I love HellSing, Love Hina, Gundam Seed, and Trigun :P

magus113
06-22-2003, 09:52 PM
I like Hellsing especially. It whips the others out of the water. :whip:

But besides Hellsing, I like Love Hina, Chobits, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, X, Naruto, Trigun, and Shaman King.

I also like the movie Spirtited Away. That was excellent movie.

I also like different mangas too. Battle Royale, Love Hina, Kare Kano (which is full of ***s imo :gay: ), Chobits, Priest, Ragnarok, X, Ranma 1/2, Angelic Layer, Hellsing, and GTO.

K bye.

DarkMaster
06-22-2003, 09:56 PM
I like a crap load of anime. My recent fav is Spirited Away, sweet movie. Anything Hayao Miyazaki makes is pretty much awesome.

Ironfoot
06-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Trigun. No one can beat the stampede.

magus113
06-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Spirited Away is also good. I've actually been interested in seeing Akira and another one of Miyazawa's works, Kiki's Delivery Service.

Ginkasa
06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Akira's pretty good. Kiki's Delivery Service isn't as good as Mononoke or Spirited Away IMO, but still good.

Just...FYI...

*shrugs and walks away*

DarkMaster
06-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Kiki's Delivery Service was kinda meh, sorta dull and not really up to the quality and amazing artwork seen in Miyazaki's other works. Princess Mononoke is excellent, but Spirited Away is probly my fav movie that he's made. (I havent seen Castle in the Sky, nor that movie about war, it was called Fireflies Something...I dunno, looked cool).

magus113
06-30-2003, 02:40 PM
It was called Fireflies Something...I dunno, looked cool).

It's called Grave of the Fireflies. I heard that was an excellent movie also. Haven't heard of Castle in the Sky tho.

DarkMaster
06-30-2003, 02:52 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JKYG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

From Amazon:

Inspired by "Gulliver's Travels," the fantasy-adventure Castle in the Sky (1986) was Hayao Miyazaki's third feature, and helped to establish his reputation as a visionary in both Japan and America. The orphan Sheeta inherited a mysterious crystal that links her to the legendary sky-kingdom of Laputa. With the help of resourceful Pazu and a rollicking band of sky pirates, she makes her way to the ruins of the once-great civilization. Sheeta and Pazu must outwit the evil Muska, who plans to use Laputa's science to make himself ruler of the world. Castle echoes elements in Myazaki's earlier Nausicaä, and anticipates imagery in his later films, from My Neighbor Totoro to Spirited Away. Disney's new English dub, which features Anna Paquin (Sheeta), James Van Der Beek (Pazu), and Cloris Leachman (pirate matriarch Dola), is lively and close in tone to the original Japanese, if a bit talkier. The exciting flying sequences, appealing characters, and fantastic vision of a steam-powered future Jules Verne might have imagined make Castle in the Sky a must-have for fans of Japanese and Western animation.

ominub
07-04-2003, 11:51 AM
hmmm there to many to choose i cant decide

Hero2
07-12-2003, 07:25 PM
mt all time best amine is gundum wing ac195 just cant get enough
the best movie ninja scroll

Rndm_Perfection
07-12-2003, 11:06 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JKYG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

*takes a look at the top of the film...*

Damn you to Hell Disney!!! Damn you to Hell!