PDA

View Full Version : School's out and summer's in!

Dyne
06-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, I just got off school. Even though I have three exams this week, school is basically over for me. :D

What are you guys planning on doing this summer?

I'm going to sit down and learn Cantonese. :) I've always wanted to learn an asian language. That, and catch up like heck on my soon-to-be-acquired-PS2, and finish off so many titles I put off for summer on other consoles (Wind Waker especially!). I'm also going away for the first weeks of July. Heh, my friend is going away to New Zealand for all of August.. sheesh. What luck. :p

Crono
06-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Well... I'm planning on finding a job real soon. That will keep my busy for most of the summer. Plus I'll be doing the regular things like going to camp, going on the pc, playing games, etc. Same as always, really. I won't be going on vacation this summer because my Dad is on strike and my Mom will be out of work for about 6 weeks in july and august because she's getting an operation.

Basically, it'll be: work, camp, sleep, play games.

BlueFire
06-15-2003, 12:16 AM
I... don't know what i'll be doing..

Happydude
06-15-2003, 01:13 AM
well...i was planning on working full time...but im having doubts now since i won't have time for my friends...so just chillin i guess...for now anyway...

Ginkasa
06-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Been on summer for almost a month ;)

I don't know exactly what I'm doing either... Tomorrow I'm going to the zoo (yay.....) and Tuesday I'm having friends over a pool party thing...

And that's it. I'm sure there'll be other stuff that happens but pretty much my summers are nothing more than bland, boring, really long weekends between school years :unsure:

*shrugs and walks away*

One Winged Angel
06-15-2003, 01:37 AM
I'm going to have a slumber party at the zoo...

TheGame
06-15-2003, 01:44 AM
I got out of school 4 weeks ago, and summer school started last week. :)

After summer school is out, if I have it my way I'll just be chillin (well, and woking out of course), but if my mom has it her way I'll be working

DeathsHand
06-15-2003, 02:17 AM
School 'round here ends on Wednsday... I dunno what I'll do for the summer... Normally I go to my friends' school to hang out with them at the end of the day (they have free blocks so they just sit around and talk or goof around or whatnot)... So now I dunno... I won't go on vacation because I never do... Some people I know are gonna be quite busy this summer between work, trips, etc...

So my goal for this summer is to try and not be bored all the time...

Great goal...

OH OH OH! I have tickets for the White Stripes show in DC on July 26th!... That's the only thing I really have to look forward to this summer...

Stonecutter
06-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, School's been out for a week and a half.

I've got a kick ass job lined up but I don't want to jinx it so I'm not going to say anything else until I land it *crosses fingers*

I picked up a six flags season pass so I'm sure I'll be heading there quite a bit.

Dream Theater is coming to town in july and I think I'm going to go check that out too. Other than that my time will be spent chillin, though not quite like a villian.

Seven7
06-15-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Dyne
Well, I just got off school. Even though I have three exams this week, school is basically over for me. :D

What are you guys planning on doing this summer?

I'm going to sit down and learn Cantonese. :) I've always wanted to learn an asian language. That, and catch up like heck on my soon-to-be-acquired-PS2, and finish off so many titles I put off for summer on other consoles (Wind Waker especially!). I'm also going away for the first weeks of July.

So I take it I won't be seeing you online much in the next two months. :unsure:

I've been chillin for some three months now... :rolleyes: I did have a full time job possibility just recently but it would have been some two hours of driving too and from everyday for a job I didn't really like anyways. I've yet to plan anything for the summer yet.

Mechadragon
06-15-2003, 05:56 AM
Probably head to the good old cyber cafes. Oh and a Warcraft 3 tournament in Dallas this saturday.

Jonbo298
06-15-2003, 06:35 AM
I've been on Summer break since May 25th. Done a few things. Mainly be with friends, go to Worlds of Fun and hurt like hell when I leave. Looking for a job now. And will most likely be having fun with my new mobo/comp over the course of the summer.

marionette
06-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Well let's see...When I'm not at my job, swim team, and field hockey, I'll be hanging out with Jason and some other friends. So my summer will pretty much be fun, but with some work in there.

GameMaster
06-15-2003, 03:49 PM
I got out of school this last Friday.

Going down under Tuesday.

Sleeping in as much as I can to make-up for all the late nights during school.

Gonna watch TV and play video games.

Hang out with friends.

Participate in some drive-by water balloonings.

And I say, "I love summer" at least once a day. :cool:

Dyne
06-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Seven7
So I take it I won't be seeing you online much in the next two months. :unsure:

I've been chillin for some three months now... :rolleyes: I did have a full time job possibility just recently but it would have been some two hours of driving too and from everyday for a job I didn't really like anyways. I've yet to plan anything for the summer yet.

Naw, actually, I might be on a little more. Heh.

It's just July 1st (Canada day we're driving down! Heck! Heh) for maybe a week and a half or so, and I'll be on the rest.. but I have these second two weeks in June off. So I'm on more than two months. Heh.

Joeiss
06-15-2003, 04:08 PM
I finish not this wednesday, but next wednesday. I have to find myself a job, work out, get a tan, and play videogames. Oh, pick up some ladies too I guess. Yep... oh, and drink alot too.

Seth
06-15-2003, 08:18 PM
I'll be working full time.

I work the 5 pm to 1 am shift. I get up at 9 in the morning. Work out. just chill. walk down to the beach around noon. do whatever until 4:30 when i go back to work. Oh, and the works awesome. I get to stand around with my friends and sort and pack cherries. Almost 9 bucks an hour for **** easy work.

This summer's going to rock. 2 days of school left for me. I do my math exam on monday and my Spanish Written exam on Tuesday.

Jason1
06-15-2003, 08:20 PM
*sighs* How many times have we had a ''what are you doing this summer'' thread?

But here goes again: Ive been out for over 2 weeks now, and I just got my drivers liscense on friday, and drove to the movies with some friends that night. Im going camping-canoeing this thursday-sunday.(on a river, not a damn lake). On July 6th, Im going to Pennsylvania to a wedding, and also to Cedar Point along the way, mainly to ride the world's tallest and fastest rollercoaster...and to again be able to say that I have been on the world's tallest and fastest. Then soon after that I plan to get some kind of Job. Thats my summer.

Dyne
06-15-2003, 10:10 PM
I thought the summer thread was an annual ceremony at all forums. :p

Seth
06-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
*sighs* How many times have we had a ''what are you doing this summer'' thread?

This would be what...? the 3rd time at gametavern?

Jason1
06-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Dyne
I thought the summer thread was an annual ceremony at all forums. :p

It is, but only once a year. Not 4 times in one month like we've had here.

fingersman
06-15-2003, 11:02 PM
I've been out since May.......hehehe. I'm at Summer school now and I'm going to call someone about a job tomorrow( might interupt my gym schedule but hey I need the cash) I'm also going to NYC in August my ticket is already brought. ( :p to BAB) I also want to fly over to Wisconsin to see my friend get married :D So I should be doing alot of traveling this summer.

So it should be a fun summer for moi. :) -------> :D
Hey I might even fly over and meet Xantar if I get enough cash. ;)

Dyne
06-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
It is, but only once a year. Not 4 times in one month like we've had here.

Well, there's a summer plans thread from two months ago, and a "When do you get out of school", which was more than a month ago.

http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5356

:unsure: 4 in a month?

GameMaster
06-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Let's start our Winter Vacation thread!

NYGiant
06-17-2003, 09:27 AM
I graduated yesterday. on to high school!

BreakABone
06-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by fingersman
I've been out since May.......hehehe. I'm at Summer school now and I'm going to call someone about a job tomorrow( might interupt my gym schedule but hey I need the cash) I'm also going to NYC in August my ticket is already brought. ( :p to BAB) I also want to fly over to Wisconsin to see my friend get married :D So I should be doing alot of traveling this summer.

So it should be a fun summer for moi. :) -------> :D
Hey I might even fly over and meet Xantar if I get enough cash. ;)

I tell you, I will not allow you to come to NYC, if it's the death of Ridley!:mad:

As for me, I got out of school yesterday, have my final Regents (sounds good to say after 5 years), I got graduation rehearsals the beginning of next week, er than graduate on the 25th, and finally end school on the 26th.

As for my summer, I'm looking to get a job. since I'm moving on campus for school, I also went to spend a whole lot of time with my friends. Thus far, I know we are going go to some theme parks, the beach, throw a BBQ, just chill and play games and while make the best of the two months.

Xantar
06-17-2003, 12:11 PM
What took you guys so long to get out of school? :p :D

I'm going to Vietnam on July 8th. So you won't be seeing me much from then until August 25th. Not that you see me all that much any more.

And fingersman, you're welcome to visit if you can actually find me. Just beware if you do. I'll get your address one way or another. :D