PDA

View Full Version : How pumped up are you for EA Sports 2004?~!~?

Joeiss
06-01-2003, 12:48 PM
I sure as hell am. I just finished reading info on Madden, NHL2004 and NBALive 2004, and I really cannot wait to play all of these games online.

As soon as Madden comes out, we all have to post our names and add eachother to buddy lists... And definately have some tournaments... That would be sweet.

I cannot wait!

Madden 2004:

In its 14th season, Madden NFL™ Football remains the undisputed leader in authentic NFL football simulation. This year, players can make adjustments after the snap and create championship caliber plays with revolutionary Playmaker Control. With new EA SPORTS™ Talk*, online tournaments, and new Owner Mode, no other football video game offers more depth. Madden NFL 2004 is the most complete, authentic sports video game ever, making it The Ultimate Judge™ for sports gamers.

Key Features for 2004:
New Playmaker Control: Make pre-snap adjustments to your receiver routes, direct receiver routes during a scramble, direct blocking down field during a run, or read and react to the offense to deliver a crushing tackle.

New Owner Mode: Hire your own staff, set your team’s ticket prices, build your own stadium, reward key players with signing bonuses and boost player attributes in Mini-Camp drills.
All-New Game Presentation: Keep your players on the field during the play-calling screen. Watch all the highlights in split-screen replay and revel in new player accuracy details like dreadlocks, tattoo replicas, and four new helmet styles.

Most Realistic NFL Playbooks Ever: Tons of new trick plays, multiple formation variations, and the deepest NFL playbooks from all 32 officially licensed Coaches Club Head Coaches.
New Animations and Enhancements: New QB scramble transitions to improve throwing on the run, stumbles, open field blocks, whirlwind defensive reaction moves, sideline wrap tackles, and out of bound pushes.

More PC Online Play: Take online sports gaming to the next level with online leagues, quick match, online tournaments, quick games, real rosters, buddy lists, career stats, clubs, and message boards.

* Available on PlayStation®2 with broadband capabilities only

NBA Live 2004:

Step up your game with NBA LIVE 2004. With expanded EA SPORTS™ Freestyle Control, authentic gameplay, and stunning graphics, NBA LIVE 2004 delivers the definitive basketball experience. Whether running the point with one-button Quick Plays, spinning free in the lane for a vicious dunk, or locking down on "D", NBA LIVE 2004 puts players in total control. With a dramatically enhanced Dynasty Mode™, the ability to take the court at all NBA arenas, and all-new commentary from Marv Albert and Mike Fratello, NBA LIVE 2004 is all about authenticity.

Key Features for 2004:

Play the Point: Run team-specific offensive and defensives sets for every NBA team. Be the point guard on the floor and own the flow of the game.
Enhanced EA SPORTS™ Freestyle Control: Express your game is the ultimate authentic basketball gaming experience.
Build a Powerhouse Dynasty: Recruit the top free agents and import your top college players in a revamped Dynasty Mode. Run your franchise your way and build the perennial NBA champion.
New All-Star Announcer Team: Marv Albert teams up with on-air partner Mike Fratello to provide the most authentic play-by-play available.
Battle Inside: New animations, new AI logic, and enhanced focus on rebounding battles make playing "D" a way of life.
Championship Graphics: Completely revamped player models and details as fine as the mesh holes in your team’s jerseys.
*EA SPORTS™ Online service available only in North America and Korea for the PlayStation®2 console and in North America for PC-CD

NHL 2004:

It's been called the Fastest Sport on Earth -- and the faster the players, the tougher the contact. NHL® 2004 brings professional hockey to life like never before, with crisp passes, searing slap-shots, and a variety of new ways to check your opponent to regain control of the puck. With the addition of international leagues and a Dynasty Mode™ that lets you build a powerhouse, NHL 2004 is the hockey fan's dream come true.
Key Features for 2004:

All-new Checking Control lets you poke the puck away or send your opponent hard to the ice
New international leagues let you play against the best squads in the world
Enhanced Dynasty Mode allows you to win and retain the storied Stanley Cup
More fluid gameplay and physics brings all the on-ice action to life
3D crowds, finesse passes and crushing board play provide the most authentic NHL experience
Go online and skate against the best gamers in the world! (In North America only for the PlayStation®2 console and PC-CD)

My only question is why is the online service only available in North America and Korea? I mean... Korea?

Anyways... My name will most likely be JoeGT. And I will only play you online if you have a headset, so I can talk trash to you.. lol. So who is gonna get some EA Sports titles this fall? If so, name them.

Jonbo298
06-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
My only question is why is the online service only available in North America and Korea? I mean... Korea?

I think I remember reading somewhere that like 90% of internet users use broadband to go online or something along those lines. So I'm guessing maybe this is a test market?:unsure:

Perfect Stu
06-01-2003, 01:45 PM
I'll be online for SURE with Madden 2004, and probably with Tiger Woods 2004 and NCAA Football 2004...possibly NHL 2004 as well, depending on how it compares to NHL 2K4.

And also SSX3...must buy for me.

I don't know what my name will be yet...

Joeiss
06-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Why get both Madden and NCAA Football? Aren't they basically the same gameplay and stuff?

Perfect Stu
06-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Why get both Madden and NCAA Football? Aren't they basically the same gameplay and stuff?

basically

It has much more of a College atmosphere though...you can do stuff like create a freshman, run the football program at your school, take the team through 4 years hoping for a National Championship, and then upload your draft class into Madden and draft the players onto your NFL franchise.

I'm a fan of both NFL and College Football :)

Stonecutter
06-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Can one be negativly pumped? Cause that's what I would be.

Now Sega Sports on the other hand....

Perfect Stu
06-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Can one be negativly pumped? Cause that's what I would be.

*sigh*

our daily dose of anti-EA. get over it, folks...that wasn't even creative

*waits for gekko to make an appearance*

Stonecutter
06-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
*sigh*

our daily dose of anti-EA. get over it, folks...that wasn't even creative

*waits for gekko to make an appearance*

Well, somebody had to do it.

Joeiss
06-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Why? I really don't think somebody had to do it at all.

TheGame
06-02-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Stonecutter

LOL... looking at the Sega Sports previews, there is NOTHING new that excites me in the least. They are giving the games a minor presentation upgrade, big wow. I don't even know if I want NBA 2k4 next year (and that would be the first in the 2k series I didn't purchase)

EA on the other hand... they are pumping a lot of life into there games this year. :)

As for the topic, the only game I will play online for sure is Madden... NBA Live is a good chance, but still a maybe. I will own NCAA Football, but I won't play it online... Madden will have my online football coverd :p (MAYBE I will play it online for the gap time between NCAA 2004 and Madden 2004, but once Madden hits no more NCAA online.)

Crono
06-02-2003, 02:58 PM
I can't wait to play NHL 2004 online.

Joeiss
06-02-2003, 04:03 PM
NCAA comes out first? I was unaware of that.

TheGame
06-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Yep, NCAA in july, and Madden in August it sucks that Madden is released just in time for school... I play tons of ncaa before madden is released.

Joeiss
06-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Oh. Well then, I might have to rent NCAA in July to test out the voice chat and everything.