PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue...

UncleNoName
02-10-2002, 09:15 PM
This is for everyone that has beaten Shenmue I and II. Since Shenmue III has been confirmed (http://sega.cloudchaser.com/news/index.php?view=83), I was wondering what you guys expect to see in future Shenmue games. What kind of places do you think Ryo and Shenhua will visit? What kind of people will they meet? Will Ren make a return? Will Gui Zhang? Did Iwao really kill Sunming Zhao? What is the significance of the Shenmue tree? How many chapters will the story be? What console(s) will the next game be on? Will they finish the series? There are a lot of unanswered questions and I don't know really know what to expect in the next games, so I want to if you guys have any ideas for it since there is no information on it. Hopefully there will be some announcements at E3, because I really can't wait for this game (and the one after that and the one after that and the...).

Ginkasa
02-11-2002, 10:39 AM
There are supposed to be 16 chapters I believe. But there won't be that many games since they're compressing several chapters into one game (ShenmueII was chapters 2-4).

And if ShenmueIII is going on to only one console it'll probably be the XBox. I hope it goes to all three though, but I doubt it.

BigJustinW
02-11-2002, 12:38 PM
X-Box has a couple of advantages that may forse the game to stay X-Box exclusive...

like the 9GB disk... if the graphics data and the Fighting data take over 2GB and the story/voices take over 2GB, I think that it would be hard to port away

UncleNoName
02-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
X-Box has a couple of advantages that may forse the game to stay X-Box exclusive...

like the 9GB disk... if the graphics data and the Fighting data take over 2GB and the story/voices take over 2GB, I think that it would be hard to port away

Yeah, that is what I thought. The hard drive would be great for keeping track of data like moves and collectives.

Ric
02-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Generic
This is for everyone that has beaten Shenmue I and II.

Damn, heve'nt completed Shenmue II yet, I wont read anymore yet, dont want to spoil it for myself.

EDIT: Will Ryo ever thake that bloody plaster off. He'll have a scar in the same place as Lan Di no doubt.

Darmani
02-25-2002, 02:58 PM
:p Shenmue3 will end up on xbox fact

UncleNoName
02-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Darmani
:p Shenmue3 will end up on xbox fact

Maybe, we'll see...

Jin
02-25-2002, 10:36 PM
How have you guys played Shenmue II? Did you get the Japanese imported version? I would buy it, but it's $70, and is in a foreign language. The first game was really good though.

Ginkasa
02-25-2002, 11:25 PM
I got the imported European version. Its in Japanese but sub-titled in English.

UncleNoName
02-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
I got the imported European version. Its in Japanese but sub-titled in English.

Same here. I got a friend on vacation in England to pick up a copy for me, but some EBs are selling bundles of imported PAL Shenmue IIs with a disk that will surpass the terroritory lock.

::waits for Shenmue III information::

:zzz:

The Germanator
02-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Generic

Same here. I got a friend on vacation in England to pick up a copy for me, but some EBs are selling bundles of imported PAL Shenmue IIs with a disk that will surpass the terroritory lock.

Yeah, I got the imported package at the EB, I got one of the 2 that they got, pretty lucky...
*plays Shenmue 3* :sneaky: ;)