PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 3 add on and GTA4 confirmed..

DeathsHand
02-10-2002, 08:05 PM
www.ps2insider.com (perfect stu said he read about it in OPM too)...

It takes place in miami... I wonder how long it'll be...

This is sveet...

and all the credit goes to recvx and perfect stu, but credit to me for posting it because they're lazy *shifty eyes*

Perfect Stu
02-10-2002, 08:43 PM
I dunno if it's in there, but the true sequel (GTA4) is rumoured to have online play.

Joeiss
02-10-2002, 09:10 PM
I do not understand... Will the Miami game be really short or something? Or just the same thing, but in Miami?

I will still get it... And then when GTA4 comes out in 2003 with online play, I'll have to get that as well.

Also, I hope that in the "semi sequal" there are knives as weapons... For some good old fashion knifings!!!

Null
02-10-2002, 09:10 PM
HA!

we'll play online. and im gunna steal all of ya'lls cars!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAAHA

either that or destroy them trying...

maybe you'll get out of your car to do something, i'll set a bomb in it while your gone.

MUAHAHHAA

lots of fun to have online

DeathsHand
02-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
I do not understand... Will the Miami game be really short or something? Or just the same thing, but in Miami?

I'm not sure... there will most likely be some extra missions...

But I mean the main thing would be just having a whole new city to go crazy in! Woo hoooooooo and stuff...

Joeiss
02-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Null
HA!

we'll play online. and im gunna steal all of ya'lls cars!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAAHA

either that or destroy them trying...

maybe you'll get out of your car to do something, i'll set a bomb in it while your gone.

MUAHAHHAA

lots of fun to have online

I wonder how many players per city the online game will be able to hold... Any ideas? 10? 23?

Perfect Stu
02-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

I wonder how many players per city the online game will be able to hold... Any ideas? 10? 23?

depends...MMORPG servers hold hundreds of people...and if EVERYBODY in "Liberty City" was a real person online, the possibilities could be endless...

Null
02-10-2002, 10:06 PM
that would be so awsome.

we could set up the "GT Gang" wreaking havok on the city and all other users. stealing thier cares and storing them in a hiddon garage, heavily guarded by snipers.

MUHAHAHAHA

DeathsHand
02-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

depends...MMORPG servers hold hundreds of people...and if EVERYBODY in "Liberty City" was a real person online, the possibilities could be endless...

That'd be sweet!

The only thing is, it would be crazy having EVERYBODY in the city be a person... waaay too crazy...

so here's whatcha do...

If they're gonna be able to have it be massively online stuffs, have there be multiple gangs like in GTA3... and have maybe 20 people or so per gang... and you pick a gang and you can have gang battles and all that good stuff, or just go crazy by yourself...

But it's a way to limit the amount of people who play, so it doesn't get TOOOO crazy... and add's a nice little touch to the online play (gang wars :D)

And each gang would have it's own territory, where other non player gang members roamed around :roll:

I like it I like it... although it's just my idea :D

nWoCHRISnWo
02-10-2002, 10:27 PM
I said I wanted a GTA add-on ever since I got GTA 3. Wooooo! Screw you all! All of you!

DeathsHand
02-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey, I was thinkin'...

y'know, in the original GTA, there were 3 cities...

The new yorkish one (Liberty City, of course)... a Miami-ish one... and a Los Angelesish one...

I wonder, if the Miami add-on does well, if they will make a Los Angeles Add-on... or maybe GTA4 will take place in a Los Angeles type city...

hmmmm...

DeathsHand
02-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Well looky looky... y'know my little post above about basing online gameplay in GTA4 on gangs...

here are some quotes from an IGN topic of a guy talking about an article in OPM...

"Occording to OPM, you'll be able to form a gang of up to 16 people (real people across the globe) and wander around the liberty city, causing havoc, picking on other gangs, gang fights, doing you jobs and bunch of more. Rockstar is said to spill it's beans about this ambitous online title at E3 this year."

It also says that Tekken 5 is going to have online play, and as FFXI's release date draws near, Square is apparently already planning a second online FF game (which is still apparently not it's own seperate series like FFO1, 2, 3, etc or nutin), FFXIII... but we probably won't be seeing any of that anytime soon ;)

And if FFXI flops, we probably won't be seeing any of it at all :unsure:

And GTA4 will also probably make use of the hard drive...

If this continues, and even more major games require the HD, one of two things will happen...

a: People will bitch and moan and not buy it and the HD and games will flop, which would be pretty bad for certain companies...

b: The HD actually becomes a successful add-on....... :eek:

I hope I have cable or DSL by the time this PS2 online gaming hits... FFXI... GTA4... Socom... Gran Tourismo Online... Tekken 5..... Automodelista... and even more...

If online gaming really gets going on PS2, and I can't afford a HD or broadband, I'monna cry for a long time :(

Perfect Stu
02-11-2002, 12:45 PM
You want online game gossip? Rumors?

Here ya go:

From Official Playstation Magazine

ONLINE GAMES ON THE WAY

Lots of folks have been asking me what I expect to see as online games in the coming year, so I thought I'd hit you with a list of the rumored projects in the works. Some of these may not be full-on multiplayer games, some are just projects I've heard may be PS2-bound (and some of them may never actually make it) - but all of them, if they happen, will have some kind of connectivity to them. Remember, these are just rumored - I don't know for certain if they're definately happening, but most seem likely. Ready? In no particular order...

-Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
-Grand Theft Auto 4
-Half-Life 2
-Quake 4
-Doom III
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
-Hot Shots Golf 4
-EverQuest
-Star Wars Galaxies
-NFL2K3
-NBA2K3
-NHL2K3
-Madden 2003
-NBA Live 2003
-NASCAR 2003
-NHL 2003
-Frequency 2
-Tekken 5
-WWF Smackdown! 4 (or new WWF game)
-Red Faction 2
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Aliens vs. Predator
-Timesplitters 3
-Tomb Raider: The Next Generation

and many, many more

:drool: :Ps2smilie

Joeiss
02-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Who's up for a GT gang? That would be sweet.

It would be cool if there is a create-a-gang feature where you get to chose what your gang members wear. That would be sweet.

The_Dunadan
02-11-2002, 08:12 PM
i didn't think they'd be able to make gta4 by the end of the year.

i knew they'd have something in miami. i began to think so when the guy you rush to the airport beeps you and he says "see you in miami".

i'll be in the gang, btw!!! can we be an anti-columbian gang? i hate those columbians:mad:

designated_GM3R
02-12-2002, 05:06 PM
I resent that.

Anyway...
If we were to have a gang, it would only be right to have some sort of insignia or a proof that represents us as a whole. Maybe the wheels we're driving or possibly the method we use of whackin' scum.

BTW...
Star Wars Galaxies... *drool*

Perfect Stu
02-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by designated_GM3R
BTW...
Star Wars Galaxies... *drool*

Damn straight...that game is going to own me when it comes out for PC...

Joeiss
02-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

Damn straight...that game is going to own me when it comes out for PC...

Videogames can buy people now?! :eek: When the hell did this happen?

:D