PDA

View Full Version : anyone play guitar?

NGCRULER
05-18-2003, 06:35 PM
What's some songs you have learned recently? What are some of your favorite songs to play.

Me I think my favorite song is Cigarette by yellowcard.
I just learned the girl in the green jacket by bigwig. The picking makes my hand hurts ;)

I've only been playing since mid summer. I think im ok for a beginner.

Kitana85
05-18-2003, 06:36 PM
I've only been playing for about a year, and I don't practice much, but I'm into a lot of folk music and camp songs, PP&M and campfire stuff mainly

BlueFire
05-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Non-Dusk plays geeeeeetar :p

DH plays it somewhat ;)

As for myself.. i have no musical talent. *walks away*

NGCRULER
05-18-2003, 07:02 PM
LoL very nice BF. I wish I was better at the guitar though :( I want to get relay good and play in a bad someday, even if its not like a famous bad I just want to play with some other guys.

BlueFire
05-18-2003, 07:13 PM
I have like... 3 friends playing electric guitar, and 2 friends playing bass guitar

NGCRULER
05-18-2003, 07:17 PM
At my school it seems like everyone into metal, or punk or any "band" music, is in a band. In Virginia Beach, we actually have 2 or 3 relay good local bands that, if given a chance could really make it big. Bail Out, Past Out, some others like that. Bail out actually made a cover of Proud To be An American they used to play it all the time on one of the radio stations.

DeathsHand
05-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Drolldurham does... And he gave me a couple lil' lessons that showed me the basics so I can just have a fun lil' time trying to learn simple White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, and Nirvana stuff...

The guitar I use is kinda in poop condition... And I have no real teacher... If I was serious about trying to become really good at it I'd actually put some effort... I can't even play a full song... I just like learning some of the little guitar riffs and intros and stuff... fun times... Maybe eventually I'll try harder... Seems to complicated for me though... But I have so much free time on my hands that I could become the most rockinest homeless guitar playing begging mofo this city has ever known...

NGCRULER
05-18-2003, 07:42 PM
I take lessons for 1/2 an hour every friday, i play all the time at home. I play int he jazz band at school. I know a bunch of songs. All good times :)

DeathsHand
05-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by NGCRULER
I take lessons for 1/2 an hour every friday, i play all the time at home. I play int he jazz band at school. I know a bunch of songs. All good times :)

I feel happy for you. I should start taking lessons. I should practice more. I don't know many songs. I'm not in a band. I should be. I rule. I like the guitar. I have fun with it. :)

NGCRULER
05-18-2003, 08:28 PM
:) as long as you have fun. I play to relieve stress. I can play for hours on end when theres stuff on my mind.... I guess that's why I've been playing so much recently :/

Non-Dusk
05-18-2003, 08:46 PM
I've been playin since late September of last year...but not seriously til December when I got a Fender Lead II ;o

Last song I learned was Black Dog by Led Zeppelin

I'd say I'm pretty good, especially being new to playing and all... it's one of the few things about me I'm actually proud of ;)

thatmariolover
05-19-2003, 10:36 PM
I started playing about 2 1/2 years ago (come July), and I picked up guitar prett fast. I started on accoustic and then tried a little Electric (fun but not my thing). Right now I'm dabbling in bass guitar, which is ultimately about as fun as accoustic for me. I'm learning a ton of 50's rock patterns that are used in all genres of music now and it's a lot of fun to be able to just pick up a song and play it because you've learned a similar pattern.

So I guess, I'm not much for learning songs per se, but more for learning patterns that can be applied to songs later.

I tabbed out an accoustic version of You Belong to Me (the version by Jason Wade from the Shrek Soundtrack with a little of my own stuff added in) recently. But other than that I just joke around (oh yeah, I just taught myself the Munsters theme song).

jeepnut
05-28-2003, 02:05 AM
I've been playing for like three years or something like that. My skills don't show it however. I used to play stuff for songs, but now I have more fun making up my own stuff. I still can't play any songs all the way through.

However, I at least have good gear!

2002 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus

Randall RG 75 amplifier

Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah Pedal

GameMaster
05-28-2003, 02:41 AM
anyone play guitar?

Yeah, my Uncle Gus as a matter of fact, what's it to ya, kid?