PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown! 3

nWoCHRISnWo
02-10-2002, 03:20 AM
Well, the game's not as bad as I originally thought. It's still not No Mercy, but it's pretty damn good.

That is all.

PS. Backstage areas=Great.

PPS. Riding gold cart= GOD

Null
02-10-2002, 11:45 AM
i have this game. i havnt touched it since i got it.

its god awful.

Slow. characters play really stiff. the story mode SUCKS. becuase it just ends if you dont do something write. i want a story mode that keeps going whether i win or lose.

And even more..... How come when you pick Tazz to use, Tazz is still announcing??? ITS INSANE I TELL YOU! INSANE!!

Perfect Stu
02-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Null
i have this game. i havnt touched it since i got it.

its god awful.

Slow. characters play really stiff. the story mode SUCKS. becuase it just ends if you dont do something write. i want a story mode that keeps going whether i win or lose.

And even more..... How come when you pick Tazz to use, Tazz is still announcing??? ITS INSANE I TELL YOU! INSANE!!

my advice to you: sell it. you should have returned it after you bought it, but you didn't. sell it when you have the chance. ASAP.

As for the game, it's...decent. I know for sure that you (Chris) didn't give the series enough credit before, and now you've actually played the game and think it's alright. Which is cool. For me, it isn't worth a purchase, but I'm not much of a fan of wrestling games...I like watching wrestling, but the games have never "done it" for me...:\

And as for Tazz announcing for Tazz...it's so crazy I like it :D ;)

Null
02-10-2002, 12:20 PM
I dont return games. :P

Collecting them is just as fun as playing them sometimes..

I dont sell games or consoles when they get old either.

I still have my NES even my Atari hooked up to my entertainment center along with every other console i have.

Joeiss
02-10-2002, 03:15 PM
So, I shouldn't try this game according to Null, but I should try this game according to Chris and Stu.

Looks like I'll try this game, then! 2-1 is the final score. I'll only rent it for a night, though, because of what Null said about the stiffness and what-naught.

Perfect Stu
02-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
So, I shouldn't try this game according to Null, but I should try this game according to Chris and Stu.

Looks like I'll try this game, then! 2-1 is the final score. I'll only rent it for a night, though, because of what Null said about the stiffness and what-naught.

when did I say you should try it?

I don't think it's that good...:unsure:

Joeiss
02-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Oh, you said decent... and decent in my books is OKAY.

*runs away*

Perfect Stu
02-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Oh, you said decent... and decent in my books is OKAY.

*runs away*

Get back here!

As I was saying...I was hesitant to say it was decent

Also, I think it's only "decent" FOR A WRESTLING GAME...which then makes it a pretty bad game compared to others...

Joeiss
02-10-2002, 07:29 PM
*runs back*

I think I'll stick with my WCW vs. nWo games.

*runs away, AGAIN*

nWoCHRISnWo
02-10-2002, 07:37 PM
I still don't like the series, the previous two games, although similar to this one, just seemed to yell out "SUCK!"

And Joeiss, if you're a big fan of wrestling, giving it a try can't hurt. Just don't expect it to be No Mercy or FirePro... I would have got it if I had a GC, because I would have waited for WM X-8 so you know.

But it would be in my top 15 games of all-time list for sure, that's because wrestling games are my favourite genre, and this one's not bad. Better than every other American wrestling game other than the THQ/AKI series on N64.

The commentaring is the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.

The game isn't slow... And the story mode doesn't always end when you lose, but don't expect a good story mode either. It's fun for the first while, which should be long enough to go through all the story lines and get all the hidden cards at least.

Bottom line Joeiss: The game's definitely worth it. It's even on sale now at Future Shop throughout Canada, perfect time to get it.