PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's E3 Press Conference

Perfect Stu
05-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Hilights:

-Rebel Strike video, looks very nice
-Resident Evil 4 video...the creater was really gay and said "it will be very scary...don't pee your pants!" and then gave a thumbs up or something :lol: the video was nice though
-Miyamoto showed a couple new GCN-GBA connected games which were a new 4 player co-op Zelda: Four Swords game using both systems at once and a new 4 player Pac Man game using both systems at once. Shigeru is a pretty funny guy in his own little way :p
-Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes was in video form, and Kojima was there himself. It looks like a very polished reincarnation of one of my favourite games of all time...Seriously folks, for those who haven't played MGS, you have a lot to look forward to.
-Electronic Arts briefly showed off a new SIMS game for Gamecube and GBA which will have some connectivity features.
-Nintendo president stressed that the are emphasizing the power of GBA, the power of GCN, the power of the two connected, and the power of their partnerships with third parties.

viruscool
05-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Has anyone heard about the new FPS they are making. Its called Geist the shots are on www.cube-europe.com (but think they may have been closed down.) :<

Perfect Stu
05-13-2003, 04:24 PM
yeah, I saw the geist video....looks decent...you enter the bodies of different characters...it's a FPS...looks like there's a 4 player split screen multiplayer mode

DeathsHand
05-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Resident Evil is never scary :p

And I wanna see the MGS: TS video! eeee!!!

Crash
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Unveiling 120 new Game Boy Advance titles this year, including Super Mario® Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3™, Donkey Kong Country™, Pokémon® Pinball, Final Fantasy Tactics® Advance, Mario and Luigi™, Fire Emblem™, and Sword of Mana

Yoda9864
05-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Is there a place we can download it?

TheGame
05-14-2003, 01:57 AM
Compared to the Sony and MS shows this is kinda weak...

I haven't played much of the origanal MGS, so I'm gonna get Twin Snakes

GameMaster
05-14-2003, 02:01 AM
There was also a brief video of Metroid Prime 2 (see my thread).

bobcat
05-14-2003, 05:00 AM
wot about FF:CC?

bobcat
05-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by TheGame
Compared to the Sony and MS shows this is kinda weak...

I haven't played much of the origanal MGS, so I'm gonna get Twin Snakes

Actually I prefer Gc's list over Xbox's without a doubt.

dunno bout Ps2's yet.

Main reason FF:CC, MK:DD, MP2. Where's FFX-2 for PS2??

Xantar
05-14-2003, 01:11 PM
I personally prefer the GameCube's list over the Xbox's also, but I can agree with TheGame this far:

Nintendo's conference was pretty weak for the purposes of generating hype. Part of it is because there was no way they could top Mario, Metroid and Zelda all at the same show last year. Part of it was way too much information leaked before the show (imagine the crowd reaction you would have gotten if MGS: Twin Snakes had been a surprise unveiling at the show). And part of it might be Nintendo's decision to emphasize GBA connectivity although I personally think it's a wise move. And part of it might be that quite a few big games are third party ones (like Tales of Symphonia).

Nintendo just doesn't have anything show grabbing like Halo 2 or Metal Gear Solid 3. As a Nintendo fan, I'm mostly okay with that because I only demand that there be a supply of good games for me to play. But still, I get the feeling that Nintendo is saving something for Spaceworld at the expense of their show at E3.

Perfect Stu
05-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Nintendo's show so far has been very weak in comparison to Sony and Microsoft. What big guns does the Gamecube have that can stack up against Metal Gear Solid 3...or Halo 2...or Gran Turismo 4...or Doom III?

One of the biggest games Nintendo is boasting is in fact a glorified remake (MGS:TS)...Resident Evil 4 must be great for RE fans though. Mario Golf, according to IGN, is very disappointing and completely unpolished at this stage (the grandest stage of them all). Hopefully Nintendo will pull out a wild card in the next day or two (Mario 128, maybe?) that will steal some thunder away from S&M.

Idiot
05-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Roll on Spaceworld, if it was still around. Or have Nintendo ressurected it this year? I really don't have a clue these days as to exactly what is going on.....

TheGame
05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
I personally prefer the GameCube's list over the Xbox's also

Originally posted by bobcat
Actually I prefer Gc's list over Xbox's without a doubt.

:fanboy:

jk... :D

I think my main reason for saying Xbox's was better is the 8 min demo of my MOST anticipated game coming this gen... Nintendo showed um, nothing too spectacular, nothing jaw dropping, and not one video that I had to sit there and watch over and over.

bobcat
05-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
:fanboy:

jk... :D

I think my main reason for saying Xbox's was better is the 8 min demo of my MOST anticipated game coming this gen... Nintendo showed um, nothing too spectacular, nothing jaw dropping, and not one video that I had to sit there and watch over and over.

:mad:

The only Xbox game that has interested me is Halo 2 and Fable (and now apparently it has co op play).

But Nintendo didn't have anything like that at the show (MP2?). Well it wasn't shown enuff.

:sneaky:

Bond
05-14-2003, 06:13 PM
You know what the best part of this thread is?

It's that everyone has referenced Nintendo's and Microsoft's "list." But no one has posted those lists.

Well, if anyone would like a list of all of the quality console exclusive games for the Xbox that are being shown at E3, here they are:

XSN Sports (NBA Inside Drive 2004, Links 2004, NFL Fever 2004, Amped 2, Top Spin, NHL Rivals 2004)
Music Mixer
BC
Breakdown
Brute Force
Conker: Live and Uncut
Counter-Strike
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix
Dead or Alive Online
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Dino Crisis 3
Fable
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Halo 2
Kameo: Elements of Power
Midtown Madness 3
Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Moto GP 2
Ninja Gaiden
Otogi – Myth of Demons
Project Gotham Racing 2
Sega GT Online
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
Sudeki
Thief III
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3
True Fantasy Live Online
Voodoo Vince
WWE Raw 2: Ruthless Aggression

TheGame
05-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bobcat

But Nintendo didn't have anything like that at the show (MP2?). Well it wasn't shown enuff.

:sneaky:

Well, MP2 could be consierd big, how much in game footage did they show???

The sad part is, I didn't like MP1, so no matter howmuch they show, to me it still wouldn't touch XBX's conference.

Bad Religion
05-14-2003, 09:02 PM
i love(d) MP1, but even with MP2 being shown, Nintendo still would have to do a lot more to compare to the others IMO... maybe a portable N64? j/k

gekko
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Nintendo doesn't really need to play any big cards right now. If the games aren't coming out this year, don't bother showing them. The consoles have been released, the next ones are years off, all Nintendo needs to do is show they have a steady stream of titles on the way, and they do.