PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake picture

DarkMaster
05-10-2003, 04:25 PM
http://newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Metal_Gear_Solid_The_Twin_Snakes_1.jpg
well, its only one pic, but its worth showing at least.

Looking good anyway, cant wait to see more at E3

Source:Newtechnix.com (http://www.newtechnix.com)

GameKinG
05-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Looks fake to me, but I dunno...was MGS an FPS?

DeathsHand
05-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Eh it's ok I guess... I woulda been expecting more from NGC... That looks no better than MGS2...

I had forgotten how blue the enviornments in MGS1 were :p

And what is with Metal Gear and these leaks? MG:TS picture... MGS3 trailer...

Originally posted by GameKinG

How does it look fake? It looks like MGS2 graphics in MGS1's enviornment :p

And of course MGS isn't a FPS... But you can aim in first person... Actually you couldn't in the original MGS, you could only look around in first person, but in MGS2 you could aim and shoot in first person so there wasn't just one place to hit the enemies (their torso)... you could aim for their legs, arms, head, whatever and they would react different to getting hit in each section...

DarkMaster
05-10-2003, 04:37 PM
no, there was no FPS function in MGS

GameKinG
05-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Yes, and this looks somewhat like the PC version.

DeathsHand
05-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Yes, and this looks somewhat like the PC version.

Hmmm well some of the things look too good to be the PC version, and some things look kinda eh... The guards don't look that good, IMO...

But whatever I guess time will tell...

GameKinG
05-10-2003, 05:03 PM
could be a little bit touched up pic of the PC.

Crash
05-10-2003, 06:53 PM
didn't hey say they wre going to put in FPS stuff... i think so... looks like a video capture, and not direct feed.

Shadow_Link
05-10-2003, 07:53 PM
It's a bad screen. Wait till E3.

GameKinG
05-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, Im starting to think it is real. Much better character models, more polygons. Should improve though.

DeathsHand
05-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Crash
didn't hey say they wre going to put in FPS stuff... i think so... looks like a video capture, and not direct feed.

They never said that... At least not that I heard... They said they were gonna upgrade it to be like MGS2, which would most likely include the new moves (diving roll, hanging from rails, etc) along with the ability to AIM in First Person... You can't move while in first person, you just press a button to look around in first person, then from that view you can raise your gun and aim... yep...

bobcat
05-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
Eh it's ok I guess... I woulda been expecting more from NGC... That looks no better than MGS2...

You should see the pic of MGS3 on the Ps2 posted in GT. It looks exactly like something from MGS2. Was expecting much more from the Ps2, seen that they should have harvested more of the Ps2's power by now (or something).

My point : - Wait till you see some proper images/video's of the game before judging it.

DeathsHand
05-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
You should see the pic of MGS3 on the Ps2 posted in GT. It looks exactly like something from MGS2. Was expecting much more from the Ps2, seen that they should have harvested more of the Ps2's power by now (or something).

My point : - Wait till you see some proper images/video's of the game before judging it.

I've seen the trailer (or at least part of it) for MGS3 and it did look like something from MGS2 (although it's hard to compare since the enviornment was completely different, but the character models I mean), but I would have thought, since the game was being made for NGC only, the RE remake would have looked better than MGS2...

Perfect Stu
05-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Konami's big PS2 titles match/dethrone almost any Gamecube game graphically...

I think it would be tough to find a Gamecube game with better graphical effects than ZOE2 or more realisitic human models than Silent Hill 3.

If you saw the teaser trailer for MGS3, you would know that it looks mightly impressive graphically...I would expect the same from the Twin Snakes

BlueFire
05-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I thought MGS 3 didn't look that great... at least from the trailer. lol

The Germanator
05-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
I thought MGS 3 didn't look that great... at least from the trailer. lol

ditto

Dyne
05-12-2003, 02:38 AM
That Snake Eater thing? It looked like a poor MGS2 rip. o_o