PDA

View Full Version : Wario Ware: Mega Microgames

Jason1
05-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Am I the only one that is totally psyched about this game? Ive been reading all about it everywhere, and for those of you who arent familar, let me briefly explain. The premise is Wario is trying to get rich off of videogames, so he and his employees make over 200 mini games, and its your job to try them out. These range from Old-school classics like Duck Hunt and Mario. Bros, to things like picking a nose. You can play multiplayer with some games simply by passing the gameboy to the other player. The offical website is up, its fast paced and strange, just like the game itself. The music is catchy also.

http://www.warioware.biz/

GameMaster
05-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Do you rate the games for Wario after you play them or does he get money for you just simpy playing them?

Jason1
05-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Im not really sure, but apparently its very addictive, and its got rave reviews everywhere ive looked, with EGM giving it 9.0, 9.5, and 9.0.

A hilarious look at what really goes on behind the scenes. You can't really say that Wario is greedy. He's just, uh, financially motivated. Always on the lookout for his next get-rich-quick scheme, Wario stumbles upon the lucrative video game publishing market. Like any aspiring entrepreneur, Wario buys a PC and starts his own company, called Wario Ware, Inc. With the help of his friends, he develops over 200 of the wildest games the world has never seen. Each "game" lasts five seconds, which is kept track of via an on-screen time-bomb. Directions aren't provided, so much of the challenge comes from figuring out how, precisely, to beat each minigame. This is where you come in. You are challenged by Wario and each of his developer buddies to beat all of their games within the given time limit. Each developer specializes in a particular genre of game, so you at least have a vague idea of what to expect. [Nintendo]

Jonbo298
05-10-2003, 08:28 PM
I just wanna shake the collie's paws, but at the last moment, fail. And have the collie shed some tears :sneaky:

Jason1
06-18-2003, 10:18 AM
I got its, and its hella fun. There's really nothing else like it. Its one of those games that reminds me why ive keept on Nintendo's side all these years, its really innovative. If you were thinking about getting it, but havent yet, do so quickly, because its the most fun ive had on the GBASP, or the GBA for that matter.

Jonbo298
06-18-2003, 03:28 PM
It'll be even more fun with the GBPlayer. 4 player fun on the big screen. Hells yeah

Jason1
06-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Jonbo298
It'll be even more fun with the GBPlayer. 4 player fun on the big screen. Hells yeah

Actually...Im not sure that would be much, if any, better. Because so far all the multiplayer games ive played are only 2 player, and they are both designed so you can play on one gameboy. (simple 1 button interface). You press the L or R button only. That dosent mean they arent fun though.

Ginkasa
06-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jonbo298

Um.... No. You don't get all four player's screens on the TV with the GBA. Only your (or the person with the GB Player) screen is on the TV.

You can't show different players' screens on the GBA screen when using a regular GBA so you can't show four different players' screens ona TV with the GB Player since its only one GBA. You can do multi-player, its just that the other peoples' screens will be on the GBA and not the TV....unless you have two GCNs and two GB Player's and two TV's connected...

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
06-18-2003, 06:23 PM
That's what I was talking about. Hooking up multiple GBP's when possible. And if not, aren't the multi-games also playable by one person passing around the GBA? I haven't delved too much into Wario Ware. I've just played a demo of it and loved it.