PDA

View Full Version : Who EVER reads please respond please...please...please...please...please respond

earthbound629
05-08-2003, 08:15 PM
do any of you own a emulator,If so do you know any good rom sites for SNES roms.If you do i would really really like if you could tell me the website, because i wanna download the smb 3 for SNES.

Thanks-a-bundle

Stonecutter
05-08-2003, 08:18 PM
I don't think I'm allowed to give you rom sites but even if I could You will NEVER find SMB3 for SNES. SMB3 was an NES game.

Super mario allstars had SMB3 on it for snes.

Null
05-08-2003, 08:20 PM
1. Computer Forum.......possibly old school forum.

2. Isnt SMB 3 on NES not SNES ?

earthbound629
05-08-2003, 08:21 PM
ohhhh o.k. And why cant you give me it its not like its that bad i mean everyone does it.

Crono
05-08-2003, 08:23 PM
First of all, you DO know that this is the PlayStation 2 forum, right?

And if you want ROMs, then just search the internet. There are a billion ROM sites.

Bond
05-08-2003, 08:29 PM
This belongs in the Computer forum. I have moved it for you, but please post threads in their appropriate forums next time.

Canyarion
05-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Roms are illegal... get a used SNES with All Stars. :):p

Yoda9864
05-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Sorry, I don't want to collaborate in these illegal activities.

Tombor
05-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Same here but if you were to OWN All-Stars and wished to get a Rom, the best emulator out there, at least one of the best, was SNES 9x. If not that try Nester, or UltimateFCE- those are good NES based emulators.

The emulators themselves are legal (the ROMS aren't unless you own the game or some vague gray area thing like that...) and have official sites usually. So google the hell out of it and wait for Nintendo's Alpha strike squads to come to your door.

thatmariolover
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Tombor
The emulators themselves are legal (the ROMS aren't unless you own the game or some vague gray area thing like that...)

Actually that's not true...

When you "purchase a game", you're not purchasing the game itself. You're purchasing the rights to use a single copy of that software. So if you have a game in cartridge and ROM format, you are actually in possession of of two copies of the software. One legal, one illigal.

BUT, if you were somehow able to get Nintendo to take your cartridge back without them paying you for it, then the ROM could serve as your legal copy of the game.

How's that for legalities?

FarSolemnWords
05-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Sorry i cant help u out in searching for a rom for nes...but since people r reading this can someone help me find an emulator for x-box plz!

Stonecutter
05-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by thatmariolover
Actually that's not true...

When you "purchase a game", you're not purchasing the game itself. You're purchasing the rights to use a single copy of that software. So if you have a game in cartridge and ROM format, you are actually in possession of of two copies of the software. One legal, one illigal.

BUT, if you were somehow able to get Nintendo to take your cartridge back without them paying you for it, then the ROM could serve as your legal copy of the game.

How's that for legalities?

But wouldn't "returing" the game return the licence? I'm pretty sure the two are attached leagly some how.

Mushlafa
05-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Ok.. the reason we waint postin up a site is because some admin or mod will delete the thread.. thats what happened in the last rom thread i made... if you want a goood rom site PM me and il give it to you... I figure snes and nes roms are ok.. its not like your stealin from anyone anymore... Its like seein an old broken ass bike on the side of the road that nobody has used for 5 years to take it and make some use out of it :unsure:

vurel
05-26-2003, 09:18 PM
heh.... the problem with giving out url's to rom sites is that they come up and get shut down rather quickly... I'm willing to bet the site i got most of the roms i have has been shut down (I won't give out the site b/c that would just make more work for a moderator who would have to take down my post even if the site is still up....I'll chek to see if it is up.... hmm.. one of the sites is up... but the downloads won't start...and the other site was temporarily disabled due to excessive bandwith usage) ... I really think the companies owning the rights to older games should release them to the public... I doubt that letting people download the original star fox rom would hurt anyone... and i bet it would save alot of money not having to pay people to scour the internet searching for illegal rom sites and having them shut down