PDA

View Full Version : Pre-E3: Xbox Live Reloaded (Pricing Revealed)

Bond
05-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Microsoft has officially release details on its pricing plan for Xbox Live. A one-year renewal or subscription fee has been set at $49.99 while the monthly subscription fee has been set at $5.99. Microsoft has also revealed that the voice communicator will sell separately for $29.99 and that the full Xbox Live starter kit, which includes a one year subscription as well as a communicator and pack-in games, will be priced at $69.99.

Xbox Live users can renew online or purchase subscription cards from various retailers. Microsoft will be making announcements regarding new Xbox Live features at E3.

:D

How do you feel now, Dyne?

Perfect Stu
05-08-2003, 05:23 PM
$70 american for a starter kit? Halo 2 better be DAMN good...

TheGame
05-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
$70 american for a starter kit? Halo 2 better be DAMN good...

*looks at sig*

you damn right ;)

I doubt that Halo 2 will end up not being worth it.

Stonecutter
05-08-2003, 06:58 PM
the full Xbox Live starter kit, which includes a one year subscription as well as a communicator and pack-in games, will be priced at $69.99.

hmm "games"

does that mean demos? cause I sure hope not.

gekko
05-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Yes, the demos.

And this isn't too bad. Shouldn't be considering we're paying for a P2P network. But cheap enough where I can keep my account after the first year, when I'm not sure if I'll be around.

Dyne
05-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Bond
:D

How do you feel now, Dyne?

I sure wouldn't want to be paying for a Hunter's Licence too, you know. That would be three freaking Internet fees a month. One for Internet, one for XBL, and one for PSO.

Hmm, I plugged in the ethernet that usually goes into my Gamecube into my Xbox the other day, and it installed Xbox Live on my Xbox, after I tried to download levels on Splinter Cell.. I was close to subscribing. But, nah. Might as well wait for Halo 2 because of funds. Probably get the Starters kit and the Karaoke package (looks fun :D) for Christmas. :D