PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall Z Comes to the Cube

BreakABone
05-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Well in a move that makes so much sense, Atari has decided to port DragonBall Z: Budokai to the Gamecube. I mean isn't that what we all need, a port of a game that is about a year old with no noticeable enhancements over the Ps2 version. Not too mention, it wasn't the greatest game in the world the first time around...

Over 1.3m shipped units on PS2 means the memo stamped 'port it' is circulated within Atari.

Atari Brings Best-Selling Dragon Ball Z Franchise to Nintendo GameCube This Fall

BEVERLY, Mass.--May 8, 2003--The blockbuster fighting game of 2002 makes its way to the Nintendo GameCube(TM) as Atari today announced that Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai(TM) will be available for Nintendo players nationwide this October. Created by DIMPS, Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai(TM) has shipped more than 1.3 million units in North America since its December 2002 release on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. "We are thrilled to bring Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai(TM) to the Nintendo GameCube with a heart-pounding interactive parallel to some of the most exciting sagas from the animated television series," said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing, Atari's Beverly studio. "Nintendo GameCube owners who have eagerly awaited the Nintendo GameCube arrival will now be able to enjoy all the Dragon Ball Z® excitement that made Budokai such a hit."

Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai(TM) spans from the Saiyan(TM) Saga through the Cell Games and allows players to experience the fantastic DBZ® universe. The game features five heart-pounding fighting modes, including Story Mode, where players reenact some of the most exciting scenes from the animated series, and Tournament Mode, where players can face off to crown a single DBZ® fighting champion. With 23 of the most famous DBZ® heroes and villains in full 3D, Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai(TM) spans 29 heart-stopping levels and features over 60 different combo moves per character, including their most infamous attacks from the animated series.

Originally developed in Japan, the Dragon Ball series has become the number one animated series in many countries including Japan, France, Spain, Hong Kong and Mexico. It is the top-rated series on Cartoon Network's Toonami block and was the number-one rated show among all U.S. cable TV programs for 'tweens 9-14, boys 9-14 and men 12-24 during the 2002 season's launch line-up.

For additional information on Dragon Ball Z, visit www.dbzgamer.com.

BlueFire
05-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Too bad DBZ sucks.

TheGame
05-08-2003, 04:05 PM
I liked DBZ:B... I don't thik this is bad news, it's better than not getting the game at all (or is it?)

Jason1
05-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Im sure it will sell quite well on the Cube, despite being over a year old. I despise all things DBZ, but my brother is in bed with it. He will be very pleased to hear this news, and a guranteed buyer, I can assure you. Im sure there are many others like him.

bobcat
05-08-2003, 06:12 PM
One of my friends said that it has a "tekken like" based fighitng engine. :unsure:

Which is why he didn't like it coz he hates tekken.

I played it for about 5 minutes then stopped. Maybe I should've looked up the move/combo/strategy faqs for it first

Crash
05-09-2003, 12:54 AM
we were told this like, uh a very long time ago....

GameMaster
05-09-2003, 01:28 AM
I wonder if anyone has any screenshots to show? *hint* *hint* *suggestion*

TheGame
05-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
One of my friends said that it has a "tekken like" based fighitng engine. :unsure:

Which is why he didn't like it coz he hates tekken.

I played it for about 5 minutes then stopped. Maybe I should've looked up the move/combo/strategy faqs for it first

The fighting system is nothing like Tekken's... you can't jump or duck (even though all the guys can fly)

the moves are pretty simple, and it's all about linking combos (some simple, some complex) to pull off huge moves. You also have to build up "Ki" power to pull of bigger moves and to power up, so all of your hits dish out more damage and you move a little quicker.

You can also customize your fighters to have certain strenghts and weaknesses... and there is a LOT to unlock.

I think this one of the better multiplayer fighting games, and the story mode is cool too.