PDA

View Full Version : GTA coming to game cube

gameshadow
05-07-2003, 08:39 PM
GTA 3 and GTA Vice City are all coming to game cube!

GameMaster
05-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Do you have any textual support or valid resources to back that statement?

BlueFire
05-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Next time give a source.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/399/399944p1.html

Yoda9864
05-07-2003, 09:53 PM
All nude game coming to GC!!!!:rolleyes:.....next time post a link please. Good news though. I love those games.

GameMaster
05-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Thank you BlueFire for the link.

I like GTA3, it's pretty fun. I haven't played Vice City yet, guess I'll wait for the Gamecube version.

TheGame
05-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Not to get in another Controler debate, but methinks that can't be done on GCN right.

fingersman
05-08-2003, 09:57 AM
I don't think these old ports will sell well on GC. :unsure:

GameKinG
05-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by fingersman
I don't think these old ports will sell well on GC. :unsure:

Ill agree with that. And even despite that they are old people will twist lower than PS2 sales into some kind of kiddy argument, when GC obviously has smaller user base, and games that already had their 15 min. of fame.

TheGame
05-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by GameKinG
Ill agree with that. And even despite that they are old people will twist lower than PS2 sales into some kind of kiddy argument, when GC obviously has smaller user base, and games that already had their 15 min. of fame.

No... that's not it. Even the console sales to game sales ratio will be worse...

I don't know if it's because it's kiddy, but it may have somthing to do with the fact that everybody who wanted GTA3/VC could have purchased it 2-3 years ago (at that point)

Blix
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
No... that's not it. Even the console sales to game sales ratio will be worse...

I don't know if it's because it's kiddy, but it may have somthing to do with the fact that everybody who wanted GTA3/VC could have purchased it 2-3 years ago (at that point) I agree there. But we all know some moron will come up with the argument that the GCN owner didnīt want the game because they donīt like mature games anyways. :rolleyes: Anyways, like someone else here said, Now we just need FF7 and the GCN is finally the official console of remakes. Or something along those lines. Personally, I liked the game for 15 minutes, then the fun went away. Might do with the fact that I donīt feel thrilled about being a thug or anything.

Bad Religion
05-08-2003, 03:23 PM
i was speculating on this in the MGS thread, and Ranzid ripped me for it... where are ya now, Ranzid?? ;)

Joeiss
05-08-2003, 04:04 PM
15 mins of fame? Hah. GTA3 was an instant classic. I really don't think that a game that only has "15 mins of fame" sells millions of copies.. lol.

And how will the GCN people trigger the taxi missions?!!!? HOWW~?!?~!!!?!?~!~?!?~??

TheGame
05-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
15 mins of fame? Hah. GTA3 was an instant classic. I really don't think that a game that only has "15 mins of fame" sells millions of copies.. lol.

Not to mention that it didn't get popular until well after it's launch... and it was selling decent all the way up to GTA:VC's release.

Jason1
05-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

And how will the GCN people trigger the taxi missions?!!!? HOWW~?!?~!!!?!?~!~?!?~??

By pushing start and selecting it in a menu. Or by holding one of the triggers down to a digital click and then pushing another button...Really, a lot of you people seem to think stuff cant be done on the Gamecube controller...but there are easy ways to work around the less button issue...I have never thought that was much of an issue.

DeathsHand
05-08-2003, 05:39 PM
This isn't even confirmed by rockstar, is it?

Anyways, as for some of the smaller deals they don't have buttons for, I think they could use the D-pad as some (or even just 1) button... On the PS2 games, the D-pad is just used to control the character, but I think most people use the analog stick, and how many people are gonna use NGC's crazy out of the way, non-analog D-pad to control the character? I dunno if that would make up for all the missing buttons (since L3 and R3 are also used in GTA), but it's a start :p

Oh and I don't think the games would sell too well on NGC or Xbox either... Unless they add something that makes it really worth owning, because the games will be years old and so many people would have already bought them, and that would probably only leave people who ONLY have an NGC or Xbox (and don't have the games on PC) to buy the games... *shrugs*

Canyarion
05-09-2003, 04:43 AM
If the deal with Sony ends after GTA4, then why don't they port THAT ONE to the GC and Box??? Who would buy GTA3 and Vice City.... unless they're budget titles.

TheGame
05-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
This isn't even confirmed by rockstar, is it?

Anyways, as for some of the smaller deals they don't have buttons for, I think they could use the D-pad as some (or even just 1) button... On the PS2 games, the D-pad is just used to control the character, but I think most people use the analog stick, and how many people are gonna use NGC's crazy out of the way, non-analog D-pad to control the character? I dunno if that would make up for all the missing buttons (since L3 and R3 are also used in GTA), but it's a start :p

I use the D-Pad on Ps2 when playing GTA... but in GCN's case I wouldn't touch that D-Pad... so I guess it could be used as a button or multiple buttons.

Joeiss
05-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jason1
By pushing start and selecting it in a menu. Or by holding one of the triggers down to a digital click and then pushing another button...Really, a lot of you people seem to think stuff cant be done on the Gamecube controller...but there are easy ways to work around the less button issue...I have never thought that was much of an issue.

True, but do you now how much easier it is to just click the control stick?

And I was being sarcastic, if you couldn't tell... lol