PDA

View Full Version : Please read and respond!

earthbound629
05-05-2003, 04:45 PM
O.K. i have heard alot of bad things about ps2. Not really..bad but i am registerd on like 50 other ps2 forums and alot of people are posting messages saying that there ps2 is broken. Like there saying that the drive wont open, it wont read discs and much much more. What do you think the cause of this is, or do you think its just because of old age.:confused:

Perfect Stu
05-05-2003, 05:05 PM
If it breaks, it's usually because:

-it's a faulty system
-the user didn't take care of the system

My PS2 is still alive and kicking since launch...I have had a few Disc Read Errors, but I fixed that by cleaning the disc. I have heard about people with faulty systems, but the majority of PS2 owners who've been asked say that their system has worked just fine since purchase.

Are you unsure about buying a system, or what? Or just worried about your own PS2? Orrrrrr....?

earthbound629
05-05-2003, 05:15 PM
No i already have one but my brother is one to treat things a little poorly and im just kind off worried about it, Because i got it when it was 300 bux so its pretty old and thats a big chunk of change, And yes i am worried.

ZeroCool51
05-05-2003, 11:02 PM
the main problem with a lot of them is dust on the lens. Clean the lens and they work, that's what has been wrong with most of my friends ps2.

jeepnut
05-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Had mine for over 2 years and it's problem free. I live in a dorm too and there is more dust in this room than I've seen in many other places.

DeathsHand
05-07-2003, 05:38 PM
I've had the PS2 for like a year and a half now and I've had very few problems at all, and I don't think any of them were caused because of the system...

And my room is like a friggin... dusty............. madd phat dusty place...