PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 3 *It looks so reeeeal*

Perfect Stu
05-05-2003, 04:00 PM
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_44_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_42_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_43_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_45_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_50_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_48_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_46_big.jpg
http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/previews/s/silent_hill3/silent_hill3_55_big.jpg

DarkMaster
05-05-2003, 04:04 PM
:eek: can't be real time!

*goes and plays SH3 demo*

:eek: it's is real time!

I sure hope I have money come August

Crono
05-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Looks really awesome. Can't wait to try this game out.

Joeiss
05-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Holy smokes... That is freakishly real. AMAZING.

Bond
05-05-2003, 09:32 PM
That is...

so real it is scary.

:eek:

GameMaster
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Umm...

Those are most likely FMV scenes. If those are indeed, in-game, in-play screens, I'll be willing to slap myself on camera and post it here

Perfect Stu
05-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Umm...

Those are most likely FMV scenes. If those are indeed, in-game, in-play screens, I'll be willing to slap myself on camera and post it here

Then bring out the camera and slap yourself...but don't show me the picture, because I personally would rather not see that kinda crap.

BlueFire
05-05-2003, 09:59 PM
I cannot wait to play this game!!

bobcat
05-06-2003, 05:55 AM
I dunno Stu, they look a bit grainy and stuff .......

:sneaky:

*Dodges axe thrown by Stu*

:eek: Seriously that looks bloody scary. When's it coming?
Why does Konami make their chars look like they're ill with some terminal disease???

Argh freaky. But graphics from those pics r 2 thumbs up

Happydude
05-06-2003, 10:06 AM
i played 2...pretty cool and freaky when your playing in total darkness at 2 am :errr:

but i sure hope to get this game

Perfect Stu
05-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bobcat
Why does Konami make their chars look like they're ill with some terminal disease???

It's Silent Hill...they probably DO have terminal diseases, and the girl's most likely hopped up on possibly a handful of different mind-altering drugs :p

TheGame
05-07-2003, 02:21 AM
lol, the topic name reminds me of the ad campaing for Triple Play Baseball 2000 with Sammy Sosa... "It's so reeeeeeal"

as for the pics, looking nice

Neo
05-07-2003, 02:28 AM
*wonders why DH hasn't posted yet*

Anyway, this game looks freakishly amazing

Blix
05-07-2003, 02:34 AM
I can't wait for this game. It must be scarier than the second one for sure (which IMO wasn't as good as the first one, but still great). I can't wait to see what kind of freaky things they have come up with for this one. Noises which you never know the source of, the day suddenly turning into night and the filthy looking walls are just some of the things that are expected of the game. Now I want to know what more they can come up with.

Perfect Stu
05-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by TheGame
lol, the topic name reminds me of the ad campaing for Triple Play Baseball 2000 with Sammy Sosa... "It's so reeeeeeal"

that was my intention ;)

mickydaniels
05-07-2003, 08:51 AM
I don't know. I'm starting to hate some of these super-real graphics because it might not feel like you're playing a game instead of a movie.

Happydude
05-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by mickydaniels
I don't know. I'm starting to hate some of these super-real graphics because it might not feel like you're playing a game instead of a movie. and thats....bad?

Perfect Stu
05-07-2003, 12:27 PM
So what if some games have ultra-realistic graphics? You'll still have your Mario's, your Sonic's, etc...

mickydaniels
05-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Well, to me it kinda is and is why I don't really care too much about these new systems. I stay in the 16bit era and play the occasional GBA game.

2D games:D

DarkMaster
05-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
the girl's most likely hopped up on possibly a handful of different mind-altering drugs :p
you may be surprised at how right that statement is

the characters look that way (as if they are ill and tormented) for a reason

Joeiss
05-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Umm...

This statement of yours could have easily been prevented if you took the time to read the other members' posts in this forum..

Originally posted by DarkMaster
:eek: can't be real time!

*goes and plays SH3 demo*

:eek: it's is real time!

I sure hope I have money come August

Stonecutter
05-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Just cause it's not fmv doesn't mean it's not still prerendered. Color me only mildly impressed.

Shadow_Link
05-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Just cause it's not fmv doesn't mean it's not still prerendered. Color me only mildly impressed.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the backgrounds are prerendered.

DarkMaster
05-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the backgrounds are prerendered.
they are not

Shadow_Link
05-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DarkMaster
they are not

So I was right :cool:.

Darkmaster, how is the camera on the demo?

DeathsHand
05-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Jesus people, they went through the same thing with SH2 screenshots... "I think they are FMV!" "I think they are pre-rendered!" But they WEREN'T because they game just looked that good (although it was brought down a bit by the filter they added to the game, although you could turn it off after beating the game)... And this game looks even better (which is a no brainer since all sequels seem to improve graphically over their predecessors)...

As for the comment mickydaniels made about hating realistic graphics because it's like you're playing a movie or something... Well just because games look real, doesn't mean they can't still be very fun and game-like... and since this game relies heavily on atmosphere and stuff (and good graphics enhance that), realistic graphics are a good thing... I hope they eventually remake Silent Hill 1 with good graphics... maybe on PS3 or something... Because IMO that game had a better setting and atmosphere and style (like it perfectly switched between the crazy world and the 'normal' world, whereas SH2 spent too much time in the 'normal' world), but the scariness and atmosphere was brought down by bad graphics... But wuteva SH3 will rock :D

As for the camera... I think it's supposed to be basically like Sh1 and 2... which is kind of a typical behind the back camera angle, although it does switch to some more cinematic stuff for some areas, and you can resituate the camera to behind your back by hitting a button... But I havn't actually played the demo, so maybe they've changed that...

Perfect Stu
05-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter

It's using the IN GAME ENGINE. Real-time cutscenes...and if you were to actually play the game, you would notice how incredibly (and techichally) impressive this game is, visually and artistically.

Read up on the game before you form such uneducated opinions...

DarkMaster
05-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
So I was right :cool:.

Darkmaster, how is the camera on the demo?
the camera is about exactly the same as in SH1 and SH2, except it is more cinematic. The controls are the same as SH2, every button performs in the same way. although, movement feels a little different in SH3. Not in a bad way, it just feels more realistic, like how the character moves and how it feels when she moves (its hard to explain...)

right from the beginning of the demo, you'll see how amazing the atmosphere is. It really does feel like you're in some kind of sick, demented horror movie. 15 minutes of play was enough to give me a good fright, and not cheap pop-out fear either, its the same kind of terrible lurking dark fear that makes Silent Hill so great.

I was also surprised on how the game is told (all I can say is, the main character has sever mental problems, literally) and I got a brief glimpse of the storyline (which, I might add, seems to be 100% not stupid confusing SH2-type storyline ;))

I dont usually buy these kinds of games (I have this secret obsession with RPGs :sneaky: ) but I can honestly say that SH3 will be a part of my collection by the end of the summer (it is released in August).

Rndm_Perfection
05-08-2003, 12:33 PM
I'll rent it.