PDA

View Full Version : The most Japanese Xbox game... EVER

Tombor
05-05-2003, 12:21 PM
I just got Tenerezza, which is this bizarre Xbox "RPG" from a company called Aquaplus (only known for dirty H-games). Its bizarre in that its (a)Japanese (b)RPG (sort of) and (c)on Xbox. You play a girl named Tenerezza who gets a fairy named Roro (or possibly Lolo, since its in katakana) and who fights evil, which consists of teddy bears, cats, and giant rhinos. Or something. I'm playing it and haven't really figured it out yet...

Gameplay is basically like Gauntlet or, actually, Nightcaster but with a green-haired anime girl that screams whatever she's using (Fire! Ringu! Water! Bomb!). She also screams something Japanese when she sics Roro on cute deadly things (Blaaah yaah waaa or something). The "RPG" elements are much like the ones that From Software vaunted for Otogi that aren't really RPG elements: there are some items, weapons to equip, and armor. There's also cooking, as its called in the manual, that has you combining items to create other items. If there ever was a game that screamed "Working Designs pick this up and delay it for 3 years" its this one... Once I figure out how to use this dazzle thing I just got I'll try to take pics. Its bizarre.

The official site for the game can be found here (http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/tene/).

Stonecutter
05-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tombor
If there ever was a game that screamed "Working Designs pick this up and delay it for 3 years" its this one...

LMAO

Please know, your comment did not go unappreciated. That's good stuff.

Tombor
05-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Man this dazzle thing I found was state of the art when I bought it 3 years ago...

Tombor
05-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Equipment guy

Tombor
05-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Item gal

Tombor
05-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Female cooking ingredient technican

Tombor
05-06-2003, 11:02 PM
some gameplay screens

Tombor
05-06-2003, 11:03 PM
yup

Tombor
05-06-2003, 11:04 PM
I can't do pics to save my life

Tombor
05-06-2003, 11:04 PM
some more

Canyarion
05-07-2003, 06:38 AM
Cool, do you speak/read Japanese?? I'd like to learn it, but I don't have the time for it... yet :unsure:

TheGame
05-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Umm... Tombor... you need to upload screenshots to a site and post the screens, what you did could easilly qualify as a "post cram", and that's a banable offence. It's ok now, but don't do it again.

Stonecutter
05-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Oh please, he's showing off the game. that's not post cramming. He's not +1ing or anything like that.

And he's got moderator stars as it is, why would he have to post cram?

give the guy a break.

TheGame
05-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Oh please, he's showing off the game. that's not post cramming. He's not +1ing or anything like that.

And he's got moderator stars as it is, why would he have to post cram?

give the guy a break.

*cough*

I forgot he was a mod :) (honest mistake)

Either way, I was around in the days when it was leagal... so I know what one is :p

Tombor
05-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Sorry... didn't have a place I could post them that way.

I sort of know SOME kana but when it comes to reading beyond a couple words, phrases, and recognizing structures and verbs I have NO idea most of the time...