PDA

View Full Version : Ps2/dvd jumbo?!?!?!?!

earthbound629
05-04-2003, 05:56 PM
i heard playing dvd's on ur ps2 is bad for ur playstation2 is that bad because if it is im screwed heck i think my family uses our ps2 for dvd's more than games if any one knows the CORRECT answer can u please tell me

-thanks a bundle:(

Ginkasa
05-04-2003, 06:27 PM
1. Use periods please. It makes your posts far easier to read and people can help you much more when they can read your post than when they have to figure it out.

2. I've never heard anything about using the PS2 as a DVD being bad for the PS2. Unless your PS2 starts acting wierd, I wouldn't worry about it.

*shrugs and walks away*

earthbound629
05-04-2003, 06:33 PM
O.K. Mr.Perfect I was in a hurry. Sorry for not using correct puncuation. I'll be sure to always put periods.

Perfect Stu
05-04-2003, 08:37 PM
I haven't used my PS2 as a DVD player since early 2001...that didn't seem to hurt the system though.

I haven't really heard about it...where'd you hear it?

GameMaster
05-04-2003, 09:18 PM
If using the PS2 as a DVD player was bad for the PS2, do you honestly think they would have incorporated it into the system.

And don't call Ginkasa Mr. Perfect. If you were in a hurry, posting a question here was obviously not the right thing to be doing at that point in time. I'm going to ask you to take part in a 6 week time management program before you come back here. That is all for now, you are dismissed.

Null
05-04-2003, 09:27 PM
if it was it would be bad to play games too.

its doing the same thing. DVD drive. reading a DVD, doesnt matter if that DVD has a movie on it or a Game.

Seven7
05-04-2003, 09:35 PM
As most PS2 games are now DVD right so.

earthbound629
05-05-2003, 07:00 PM
BY THAT YOU MEAN?.?.?.?.?.?.?.

GameMaster
05-05-2003, 07:02 PM
He means the games are stored on DVD format discs.

CrOnO_LiNk
05-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster

And don't call Ginkasa Mr. Perfect. If you were in a hurry, posting a question here was obviously not the right thing to be doing at that point in time. I'm going to ask you to take part in a 6 week time management program before you come back here. That is all for now, you are dismissed.

You know, he's right. Don't call Ginkasa "Mr. Perfect"... Using correct puncuation doesn't really take long nor is it a hassle. Everyone here does it. (Just saying it for your own good).

As for the PS2 DVD, maybe... 2 years ago when I was watching The Matrix and Gladiator on my PS2, my PS2 started to act wierd and suddenly stop playing some games... But then I realized it wasn't the DVD's that screwed up my PS2, but it was the dust that went inside my PS2. But I have heard from several people that the laser/lens get weaker when playing DVD's (just a rumour that I heard from a few people).