PDA

View Full Version : Rpg on PS2

Darkchrono25
05-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Which rpg are the best on the ps2?

Also can you tell me every rpg that i can found on ps2?THX A LOT!

...I will get a playstation 2 soon and I want to know which game I should buy.

bobcat
05-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Well I haven't played Suikoden III or Dark Cloud 2, so my opinion is really worthless. But I love FFX.

You need to speak to some1 who finished a majority of rpg's and have finished them (on ps2)

DeathsHand
05-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Darkmaster and Crono: SUIKODEN III!!

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 12:58 AM
hmmm...dark cloud and dark cloud 2. kingdom hearts. FFX. and it wouldn't hurt to get FFVII and play it on the PS2 :D

BlueFire
05-04-2003, 01:26 AM
I think Suikoden III is given too much respect DM and Crono. :P

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 02:06 AM
I don't think FFVII is given enough....wasn't it supposed to be re-released for PSII?

TheGame
05-04-2003, 02:14 AM
I'm gonna buy FF7-9 soon... I heard FF7 is the hardest and the worst of the three.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 02:20 AM
:WHOA: and where exactly did you hear that?????

TheGame
05-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by GiMpY-wAnNaBe
:WHOA: and where exactly did you hear that?????

in an Gametavern chat... they know a hell of a lot about FF, so I trust thier opinion.

Ginkasa
05-04-2003, 02:36 AM
I personally think FFVIII's harder. And the worst.

*shrugs*

Anyway, I've only played Kingdom Hearts and FFX on the PS2. Both are great. But if you don't have a PSX, there's tons of RPGs for it that are great as well. You can buy a few of them as well for the same price as one PS2 game if you buy them used (which is the only way to buy a lot of them anyway).

*shrugs and walks away*

CrOnO_LiNk
05-04-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by TheGame
I'm gonna buy FF7-9 soon... I heard FF7 is the hardest and the worst of the three.

You heard wrong. FF7 is the best in the series. In fact, I think it's the best RPG ever created.

Crono
05-04-2003, 09:36 AM
There are really a ton of RPGs for you to chose from. Kinda hard to narrow it down to just one. My current favourite happens to be Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht. It's really good, if you like long cutscenes and an amazing plot then I recommend it. I would say Suikoden III... but you probably wouldn't be able to find it. If you don't wnat to get Xenosaga, then there's always:
Dark Cloud 2
.hack//infection
Breath Of Fire V
Final Fantasy X
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Kingdom Hearts
..that's all I can think of right now.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by CrOnO_LiNk
You heard wrong. FF7 is the best in the series. In fact, I think it's the best RPG ever created.

:nod:

BlueFire
05-04-2003, 12:25 PM
I don't think FFVII is given enough..

LOL

DarkMaster
05-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Crono
There are really a ton of RPGs for you to chose from. Kinda hard to narrow it down to just one. My current favourite happens to be Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht. It's really good, if you like long cutscenes and an amazing plot then I recommend it. I would say Suikoden III... but you probably wouldn't be able to find it. If you don't wnat to get Xenosaga, then there's always:
Dark Cloud 2
.hack//infection
Breath Of Fire V
Final Fantasy X
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Kingdom Hearts
..that's all I can think of right now.
yeah, what he said

I don't think FFVII is given enough....wasn't it supposed to be re-released for PSII?
haha

are you kidding? FFVII is one of the most hyped and overrated games ever. But nevertheless, it is a good game...

BlueFire
05-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by CrOnO_LiNk
You heard wrong. FF7 is the best in the series. In fact, I think it's the best RPG ever created. It's all a matter of opinion. I don't think it's the worst of the whole series (FF5 is, imo :P). I thought FF7 was the worse of the PSX editions, but that's not to say it wasn't a good game.

I still think FFIX is the best FF :p

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 04:46 PM
There simply hasn't been another game that has had a plot so deep with so many different turns in directions you would never think of, i don't think it wins that many points on graphix, but it gets a definate :D:D:D:D:D / :D:D:D:D:D for gameplay and story and sound.

p.s. the soundtrack is GREAT, much better than FFVIII and FFIX

BlueFire
05-04-2003, 05:05 PM
You make FF7's story sound majestic. It wasn't that great... It oculd have used work, and the ending sucked. FFX and FFIX definetly had a better story :p And the soundtrack in FFVII is better than VIII and IX? LOL.

DarkMaster
05-04-2003, 06:15 PM
There simply hasn't been another game that has had a plot so deep with so many different turns in directions you would never think of
i'm guessing you havent played Chrono Cross, or Xenosaga, or Xenogears, or Legend of Dragoon?

p.s. the soundtrack is GREAT, much better than FFVIII and FFIX
:lol: more than 75% of the soundtrack is midi, while at least FFVIII and FFIX had soundtracks mainly comprised of orchestral music. You want good game music? play Chrono Cross. half of its songs are midi and it's still the greatest video game soundtrack I've ever heard.

Shiz
05-04-2003, 06:26 PM
suikoden 3

TheGame
05-04-2003, 09:52 PM
lol, mixed opinions... ... all I can say is this, I'm defanently going to play FF7 last. I think when a game is your first RPG it's a lot easier to call it the best RPG of all time.

I'll see, if it's realy as great as people say it is I think that I'm just saving the best for last, if it sucks, well, it will be much easier for me to judge now won't it?

I have already played FF7, and I couldn't even get out of the first part (because of my lack of experience at the time)... and this much I do know, the story's start is terrible compared to both Xenogears and, I don't even feel right putting it's and FFX's start in the same sentance.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 10:16 PM
I have o admit that the start isn't taht great = /

ZeroCool51
05-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Xenosaga, legend of legaia 2 are great rpg's for the PS2.

TheGame
05-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Hmm, FF7 $12.99, FF8 $17.99, and FF9 $17.99, decisions... I might just get FF7 so I can save $5 to got to McDonalds or somthing :p