PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon 9500 Pro or Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE?

Jason1
05-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Next week I will be ordering a new computer, and im having seirous problems deciding Which video card I should get. Im split between ATI's Radeon 9500 pro and Nvidias Geforce4 Ti 4800SE(which is basically the Ti 4400, only it is 8x AGP instead of 4x). While the 4800SE looks better on paper, ive been looking around at benchmark tests, and a lot of places seem to show the Radeon 9500 pro actually outperforming the Ti4600 in certain tests. On message boards, some people like Nvidia, and others like ATI...im really split on what to do. The 9500 Pro is actually 40 dollars cheaper where im ordering it, but if the 4800SE will outperform it, im willing to go the extra 40 bucks. I'd just like to hear GT's opinions on this matter. So tell me what you guys think.

Null
05-03-2003, 11:50 PM
honestly man. as far as benchmarking goes...

FPS inparticular. Your CPU makes a much greater inpact on that then the GFX card does.

me for example.... Unreal Tournament 2003

GeForce4 Ti 4200 128mb
P4 1.6 CPU
----------------------------------------- range of usually 30FPS to 50 with graphics in reletively high range

i replaced my CPU with a P4 2.66ghz
----------------------------------------- range of Well over 100FPS with graphics maxed.

Thing is for games at the moment. you can max most things out or near max with any GFX card.

IMO i personnally prefere the Nvidia's I find thier Drivers adapt to games much smoother. have less problems and just work nicer.

The current Radeons do outpower the current Nvidia's however i havnt seen anything worth jumping over one or the other none have a huge huge leap that makes such a decidenly difference.

your gunna go out and buy either one of thoes Cards and your going to have no complaints about either. you will have no trouble on games with either.

the GFX cards are always updateing and going up and up.

i mean Nvidia just put out thier NV30, and now talking about releasing the NV35 after Radeons newest comes out.

I'd recomment a nvidia. But in truth it wont matter man. you'll be happy with either.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 12:52 AM
true dat :nod: