PDA

View Full Version : X-Box IGN should be SHOT!

tarakan69
05-03-2003, 09:00 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/400/400591p1.html

Super Mario Online

Why it will be great: Mario's fared quite well throughout his lifespan. He's gone from platforming pioneer to 3D superstar. But he's yet to conquer the online world. That changes with the launch of Xbox 2, as Mario's world is brought into the online arena. The coins, the stars, the funny little Italian voice, and his "brother" Luigi are all still there.
Now gamers will be able to play as one of eight famous Mario characters in a co-operative adventure that will take them through twenty different worlds as they battle Bowser and his evil hoard. And the head-to-head 20-player battles will be even more intense than those found in Conker's Other Bad Fur Day.

There's not greater video game all-star than Mario and the wonders of Xbox 2 will bring his world to life like never seen before. Whether playing offline or online, gamer's will have the best Mario yet. And let's not forget the special GBA 2 connectivity, which will allow for downloadable mini-games to be stored on a GBA 2 for play away from home. And of course, the special Mario Tamagachi mini-game to boot!

Why it will be Xbox 2: There's no greater mascot than Mario and no system in greater need of a mascot than Xbox. It's the perfect fit. Following Nintendo's 2004 decision to stop producing hardware outside of the GameBoy Advance, Microsoft will quickly shell out a fortune to be the exclusive home for Mario. No Starfox, no Samus, no other Nintendo characters exclusively on Xbox -- Just Mario and his little world. The positives for MS would be through the roof and the cash incentive for Nintendo would be enough to buckle the Japanese giant's proud legs enough for Mario to make Xbox 2 his new home.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/toplaunch_050203_160.jpg

A racist and fascist percpective that moronicly disses their competion.

Bond
05-03-2003, 09:55 AM
The feature you just read is fictional and not intended as news or to otherwise reveal details on any future videogame consoles from Microsoft or future software for Xbox or any future videogame consoles from Microsoft.

:rolleyes:

Stonecutter
05-03-2003, 10:09 AM
I..............

.....nah.

Jonbo298
05-03-2003, 02:12 PM
How low can IGN go? I think they love hate mail or somethin. But whaddya gonna expect from IGN. I used to read up all hte time on their site, but for at least the 6 months, I've basically stopped going because they are becoming too "lame", IMO.

Neo
05-03-2003, 04:09 PM
They've completely lost their minds.

Shadow_Link
05-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Hmmm... :unsure:

I agree it was pretty lame, even with the small print.

Jason1
05-03-2003, 09:34 PM
That was a good laugh, if nothing else.

Joeiss
05-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Jonbo298
How low can IGN go? I think they love hate mail or somethin. But whaddya gonna expect from IGN. I used to read up all hte time on their site, but for at least the 6 months, I've basically stopped going because they are becoming too "lame", IMO.

Calm down there, they are just joking. It wasn't much of one, but who cares.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 12:50 AM
conker's OTHER bad fur day ? :hm:

meh...if it was real, it couldn't have been THAT bad. And it it true taht Xbox is seriously in need of a mascot.

i no!!! y don't they make a game where you play bill gates and have to steal other major coorperations ideas and pass them of as your own. Do it multiplayer! turn based action! suspense, thrills and all the extasy of ripping off your competition. :D:D:D

Dyne
05-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Joke or not, that is ****ing sad.

Jonbo298
05-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Calm down there, they are just joking. It wasn't much of one, but who cares.

I already knew from the start that they were joking.:rolleyes:

bobcat
05-04-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Dyne
Joke or not, that is ****ing sad.

I agree

Joeiss
05-04-2003, 10:48 AM
So said "how low can IGN go?".. But it was just a joke, they weren't being serious at all.

Perfect Stu
05-04-2003, 08:42 PM
lol...some people...