PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good motherboard?

Jonbo298
05-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I've been looking around a few plays and I found what seems to be a really good motherboard. My dad gave me the case, motherboard, and Athlon 1 Ghz processor. He made no guarantees on working. And I eventually figured out it was shot. So I started shopping around on a few sites. The one I'm thinking about maybe getting is this.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=G451-2010#
It doesn't seem too bad, except that its not a "name brand" company, I think. I'm not the most literate on good/bad ones, but I can see a good one when I see it. I figured I would get an opinion since there are a few people on here that know a **** load of stuff.

Null
05-03-2003, 03:08 AM
um Gigabyte? They're a 'name brand'

my p4 2.66 pc is a Gigabyte mobo in it.

looks good, its late so i didnt read a lot about it. one think id make sure is if its able to support much higher speed processors cuz you might down the road want to get a faster processor and just pop it in.

Jason1
05-03-2003, 10:04 PM
I dunno much about motherboards, thats why Id like to take this oppourtunity to ask someone with more knowledge on this stuff than me if this motherboard I think im going to get with my new PC in about a week has any flaws, or if I should get something else thats comparable in price. Here it is.

http://www.pcboost.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=6305

Im getting a P4 2.66 ghz PC. If there is anything bad about this motherboard somebody please let me know.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Null
um Gigabyte? They're a 'name brand'

my p4 2.66 pc is a Gigabyte mobo in it.

looks good, its late so i didnt read a lot about it. one think id make sure is if its able to support much higher speed processors cuz you might down the road want to get a faster processor and just pop it in.

For some reason i haven't heard good things about gigabyte.

i'd say go for ASUS :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Null
05-04-2003, 01:44 AM
yea i used to hear that bout them. but never had a prob. and never hear about the probs anymore.

not saying they the best. ironically i bougt the gigabyte cuz my asus craped out on me. lol