PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 & Unreal II Coming to Xbox!

Bond
05-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Half-Life 2

Valve Software's Doug Lombardi confirmed to German Xbox site, Area Xbox, that there will be an Xbox version of Half-Life 2:

"Yes, we're also working on an Xbox version, though not releasing any specific details on that until after e3."

Like id with Doom III, Valve wants to first focus in the PC version (where the franchise was born) then talk about Half-Life 2 for the Xbox. Some see those games (Doom III and Half-Life 2) acting as a catalyst that could recharge the PC gaming industry, which for the first time in 2002, saw its revenue fell year-over-year.

Source: TeamXbox (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4374)

It's great to see Half-Life 2 coming to the Xbox. There had been quite a few rumors a few weeks ago. But then there was a report that Half-Life 2 was not coming to the Xbox. But now it defiantly is.

Unreal II

TXB has learned from a reliable source that the single-player only "Unreal II: The Awakening" is coming to the Xbox and will be on display at the upcoming 2003 Electronics Entertainment Expo held May 14-16 in Los Angeles, California.

According to our sources the game is being produced by Epic Games but this time the port won't be developed by Legend Entertainment. Stay tuned. We'll have more on Unreal II for the Xbox as it becomes available.

Source: TeamXbox (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4375)

Well, I'm not a huge fan of Unreal. But another blockbuster game can't hurt.

Perfect Stu
05-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Nice! Half Life 2 on XBox...I don't think my PC will be able to handle Doom III, HL2 and all other future big-budget PC titles, so this is good news for me :D

tarakan69
05-03-2003, 04:00 AM
Sorry... saving this all for my PC.

If I won't get a PC upgrade by then, I'll just go to an internet cafe (the have Athlon 2200, Ati Radeon 9700, 1 gig ram) so my Doom 3 experience should be fine.

Also just rent Doom 3... Carmack said t can be beat in 1 weekend... and will be sort of 1 time experience.

As for Unreal 2... it's sad. The first one was great, the sequel was just such a dissapointment. (got a damn 6. something at gamespot and I whole heartedly agree with the review.)

People saves your money for something else, or go get Morrwoing NOW. If you haven't.

Shadow_Link
05-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Half-Life 2 I will be buying for my new PC. Same with Doom 3.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-04-2003, 01:59 AM
haha....at the rate my computers going, i doubt i'll be able to play DoomII anymore. so its good its comin out on xbox, i can just go to happydudes house and play it there :D

Mechadragon
05-05-2003, 12:19 AM
After hearing this, I have to go change my pants.

Perfect Stu
05-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Mechadragon
After hearing this, I have to go change my pants.

:unsure:

Mechadragon
05-05-2003, 08:03 PM
I was drinking a coke and it spilled... :unsure:

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mechadragon
I was drinking a coke and it spilled... :unsure:

uh huh, sure, we believe you :rolleyes: