PDA

View Full Version : MGS2: Sons Of Liberty coming bundles with MGS1 remake

tarakan69
05-01-2003, 04:35 PM
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=5&nid=1-1.db

"Rumors about a Metal Gear Solid title landing on the GameCube have been flying for months. Our first indications a game was in development came straight from Shigeru Miyamoto at the D.I.C.E. conference. Now, Konami has broken the silence on Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, which includes both a completely remade version of the original Metal Gear Solid using the engine and gameplay enhancements from the sequel, and a ported version of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty."

Shadow_Link
05-01-2003, 04:44 PM
I guess everything will be confirmed at E3. But I'm curious, why SoL and not Substance (if true).

DeathsHand
05-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Cuz Substance is a fairly new version and they would release it as a totally seperate game so they could get more money if it came to NGC ;)

But someone posted this in the other topic.. aaaaand I doubt it's true... the only place saying that it's both a remake of MGS1 AND a port of MGS2 is this one site... IGN and videogames.com only say it's a remake... *shrugs* I think it's just a remake...

thatmariolover
05-01-2003, 07:44 PM
I don't know, personally. I obviously would like a ported version of MGS2, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

It would explain the Twin Snakes title, though.

*EDIT*

Hey wait a minute. Were Liquid and Solid twins? I can't remember.

Bube
05-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by thatmariolover
Hey wait a minute. Were Liquid and Solid twins? I can't remember.

No. The twins were Solid and Gas. Liquid is their big brother.

:p

I am very sorry for that. I don't know what made me do it.

Shiz
05-03-2003, 12:20 PM
will ps2 or xbox get the ps1 remake?

Shadow_Link
05-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Nope. 'Tis exclusive to the GCN.

DeathsHand
05-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Bube
No. The twins were Solid and Gas. Liquid is their big brother.

:p

I am very sorry for that. I don't know what made me do it.

Are you just trying to fake people out into thinking that liquid and solid aren't twins (originally from a group of octuplets)? :sneaky:

I've said like 4 or 5 times that the title probably just reflects the story (because it does) and nobody seemed to pay attention :p