PDA

View Full Version : Starfox to be revealed at E3.

Shadow_Link
04-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Link. (http://cube.ign.com/articles/400/400224p1.html)

April 30, 2003 - IGNcube learned today that Namco Entertainment will unveil its GameCube Star Fox Armada sequel at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2003, which begins May 14 in Los Angeles. The game, which has been in development for some time, could be available on the show floor as a multiplayer-only demo. It may also premiere exclusively on video, and once again only the multiplayer mode will be highlighted, said sources close to Nintendo.
Star Fox Armada is a traditional update to the classic franchise in that it centers on flight-based missions and action-packed dogfights. The title stars Fox McCloud and friends, all of whom can control classic aircraft and ground vehicles in intense battles.

Insiders indicated that Nintendo and Namco first concentrated on the game's multiplayer mode before delving into its single-player elements, which is why the former will be debuted at E3 2003.

The four-player mode is said to run at a solid 60 frames per second.

Star Fox Armada will be shown exclusively at Nintendo's booth -- not at Namco's.

IGNcube will have more on the title from the event. Stay tuned.

:eek:

I can't wait for E3!

GameMaster
04-30-2003, 07:24 PM
I can't wait! I loved StarFox 64! :beat:

Bad Religion
04-30-2003, 08:04 PM
multiplayer co-op would be nice, every game should have that!

GameMaster
04-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Bad Religion
multiplayer co-op would be nice, every game should have that!

I totally agree on that.

Stonecutter
05-01-2003, 03:13 AM
It had better be a LOT harder than SF64. SF64 was too easy even on expert. Expert should be like the normal mode for this game, then have it get ratcheded up even further.

Canyarion
05-01-2003, 05:15 AM
I never got all the medals in SF64... perhaps the European version was harder :(

Co-op should be great in this game. I wanna see Billy! ^_^

Perfect Stu
05-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Star Fox 64 was great...but it should have been longer, and a little more difficult. Let's hope they can make those improvements for this game...

Idiot
05-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Level select please. You know the thing Nintendo/Namco, so you don't have to play through half the game to get to your favorite level? Might just be a good idea, that's all.

fingersman
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
All these E3 annoucements from Nintendo, usually they just keep their mouth shut about what games they are going to show until the last minute, weird.

viruscool
05-01-2003, 04:14 PM
I think nintendo has something major up their sleaves. Why are they releasing all this info already and releasing images of mario kart. What Are They Up To?

Shadow_Link
05-01-2003, 04:15 PM
I had an amazing time going through every route and collecting all the medals for each level. This E3 is going to be awsome.

BreakABone
05-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Well here are some more information, it sounds like Nintendo is re-using elements form StarFox 2?

Nintendo's Star Fox action title is ready to cause maximum damage on Nintendo's stand at E3, with gamers eagerly anticipating an all out vehicle-based blast-a-thon on GameCube.
But, apparently taking a cue from Rare's final GameCube title, Star Fox Adventures, we can exclusively reveal that Namco's title will also feature third-person on-foot combat, with Fox McCloud and co. able to take advantage of a range of high-powered, bazooka-like weaponry in addition to air- and ground-based craft.

What's more, multiplayer dogfights can take place with players in Arwings, tanks and on-foot, all blasting the crap out of each other in up-to four-player simultaneous action. Awesome. And alongside Fox, various famous Star Fox characters will be playable, including Slippy the Toad and characters from Star Fox Adventures.

Dyne
05-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
Well here are some more information, it sounds like Nintendo is re-using elements form StarFox 2?

I heard that.. I also heard they were remaking Star Fox 2 for the GBA.. so they would link up. Hey, why not? That's their theme this year.. and the LAN thing.

tarakan69
05-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Dyne
I also heard they were remaking Star Fox 2 for the GBA.. so they would link up.

They are taking this damn gimmick TOO far... Screw it!! I'm starting to agree with Stu now... **** the GCN-GBA connectivity... at least push online play for the people who want it!!

Bad Religion
05-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
They are taking this damn gimmick TOO far... Screw it!! I'm starting to agree with Stu now...

that's the last thing we need! ;)

Storm Eagle
05-04-2003, 12:25 AM
I had a dream once that they had a Star Fox game for the original MONOCHROME Game Boy.

GameKinG
05-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tarakan69
They are taking this damn gimmick TOO far... Screw it!! I'm starting to agree with Stu now... **** the GCN-GBA connectivity... at least push online play for the people who want it!!

Its not as if the people who made the conectivity would also make the online network. One does not interfere with the other. Nintendo has expressed you will most likely not see a full fledged network from them till next gen. You make something good (such as this bonus) sound bad by making it some evil thing that stops Nintendo from online gaming.

One Winged Angel
05-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Storm Eagle
I had a dream once that they had a Star Fox game for the original MONOCHROME Game Boy.
what a nightmare...

Blackmane
05-06-2003, 12:01 AM
4-player battles were always fun with Star-Fox, but multiplayer co-op is something that has always been missing in the series which would make the game great. One thing that pisses me off about multiplayer is the framerate drop, so knowing it will run at 60 fps constantly is nice.

On other things, I think Nintendo may be learning their lesson with keeping things quiet for so long and that it's not as productive as letting out some information to gain peoples interest. Heck, Nintendo may not be so stubborn in their ways after all.