PDA

View Full Version : The SD Adapter Finally Coming.. Atleast in Japan

BreakABone
04-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Well some of you may remember the little device being revealed back with the GameCube in 2000 at SpaceWorld, and it's been almost 3 years with no signs of it, most thought it was dead, but Nintendo has announced it will be released in Japan sometimes in July along with Animal Forest ++ and the American version of the e-card reader in Japan.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/sd.jpg

Well since it's debut, it looks like the SD Adapter has some changes, it now fits from the side instead of the front and it looks to eb a slighty different design.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/030430b.html

GameMaster
04-29-2003, 11:02 PM
That's neat looking. I hope it comes with a nice, small plastic case to contain it when not being used.

So, is the gray thing the part that reads the information and the blue part stores the information. Is it like the the cards you use in a digital camera?

GameKinG
04-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Yes, SD cards can be used in multiple things like cameras, PDAs, and now cube.

DeathsHand
04-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Wow, and I thought it would never see the light of day :p

Doesn't matter either way since, surprisingly, my single memory card 59 (or 56 or whatever it is) is enough storage for me... But only because I don't even use my NGC that much...

Dyne
04-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Ah... nice... I always wondered if this would pull through. :D And all that memory! Not too shabby. :D

Seth
04-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Could i save a season on NHL 2003?(59 block) Cuz, that's all i care about really.

tarakan69
04-30-2003, 06:43 AM
I bet we aren't getting Animal Crossing here in Europe!! BAstards!!

bobcat
04-30-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by tarakan69
I bet we aren't getting Animal Crossing here in Europe!! BAstards!!

*points to freeloader*

hint hint

:unsure:

tarakan69
04-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
*points to freeloader*

hint hint

:unsure:

Don't feel like paying 10 for freeloading.. and 70+ for game... but hell.

Were did you order the US games from??

BlueFire
04-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Wow, they're finally releasing it?

*amazed*

Crono
04-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Heh... about time. I'll probably pick this up.

Idiot
04-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Of course, it all looks rather weedy and extortionate compared to an X-Box HD, (Ģ200 for a 512 Mb card!) but what the hell, perhaps Nintendo have a far wider multimedia stratergy then we give them credit for. E-mailing save files would be a nice bonus, as well as exploiting PC hard drives as memorey depositories.............

Joeiss
04-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Hmm... Before it entered the front of the SD Holder, not the side.... INTERESTING....

lol

tarakan69
04-30-2003, 05:10 PM
A game has to support this so... meehhh it sucks.

And the only game that will support it is Animal Crossing 2 ++ All current games will not support this.

Canyarion
05-01-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by bouncer_agb
Could i save a season on NHL 2003?(59 block) Cuz, that's all i care about really. Well, SD cards are huge, perhaps even 50 times as big as GC memory cards.

Tarakan, where did you hear that the game needs to support it?? :(
Oh well, I assume all new games will support it from now on...

If this isn't coming to Europe, I'll import!! Oh wait... if European games don't support it... :doh:

We want Animal Crossing!!! :mad:

Edit: The SD Memory Card can be plugged into a PC allowing people to send game data to each other or download special events, possibly used in Phantasy Star Online. The first announced product will be Animal Crossing e+ which will allow users to email data to each other and also take pictures with their PC. C-E (http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4207)

Blix
05-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Idiot
Of course, it all looks rather weedy and extortionate compared to an X-Box HD, (Ģ200 for a 512 Mb card!) but what the hell, perhaps Nintendo have a far wider multimedia stratergy then we give them credit for. E-mailing save files would be a nice bonus, as well as exploiting PC hard drives as memorey depositories.............
Using the pc to store gamefiles is great, believe me. I love using the USB memorycard. :D Having stasted this, I , personally, am not so hyped about it. I practically own something that does exactly the same thing. But itīs good to see something like this comming from Nintendo themself.

Jonbo298
05-03-2003, 01:12 AM
I'm deprived of the Internet for at least 4 days and I come back seeing some GREAT news! This is something I must have.:D