PDA

View Full Version : What the f-ck is the difference?

PureEvil
04-29-2003, 10:47 PM
What's the difference between these:

ATI Radeon 9000 128MB DDR
ATI Radeon 9100 128MB DDR

The 9100 is about 40 bucks more, but is there any advantage to it in any way?

TheGame
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
you get 100 more... um... yeah...

*slowly backs up*

*runs away*

GameMaster
04-29-2003, 10:59 PM
The 9100 gives you smoother display and faster performance.

Mushlafa
04-30-2003, 03:41 PM
I dont really know but im jus assuming the clockspeed is faster on the 9100 among other things :unsure:

Null
04-30-2003, 04:23 PM
not by much.

i mean its only $40 difference tho... so you might get $40 worth of difference. if its worth it to ya.

Jason1
04-30-2003, 05:45 PM
I dunno, but Im thinking on going with Nvidia's 128MB Geforce 4 4800 SE for my new computer. Sure, there's faster stuff out there, but I save some money this way.

Null
04-30-2003, 05:54 PM
i prefer nvidia cards over ATI's. i like nvidia's drivers a lot better.

For my next card i'll prolly wait and see what the NV35 will be like. magazine said it should be the big leap that everyone thought the geforce FX (NV30) would be.

*waits and see's*

PuPPeT
05-01-2003, 04:58 AM
The Geforce FX was a big leap over what was around at the time just not in the speed department, but the uses of new rendering engines on the card is amazing it just need a better clock speed and support from directX and openGL for the new engines.

Null
05-01-2003, 09:25 AM
just sayin what the magazine said. :P

because suposidly the NV35 will be much more powerful then any radeon or nvidia.

*waits still*

Cyrax9
05-02-2003, 03:38 AM
OK, form what I gather the GeForce FX doesn't need to beseen, becasue YOU CAN HEA IT FRO A MILE A WAY BECAUSE IT'S THIS DARN LOUD!!!!

Yeah, that's right, according to CGM it sounds like a Hairdryer when running, and it's overpricved, stick with the T Line from NVidia, as for the Radeon Cards, AVOID they're toof ar ahead of ther time tot ake advantage fo wahts out there, and they have driver problems with lots of PCs, ATI is good in a consol like the GCN for the reason their bad on PCs. They're so far ahead of the game that there next new card won't be able to tap it's full potential for two years, good for a console, abad fora PC when the Nvidia cards are running just fine wioth today's hardware and don't need to be anymore souped up, oh and if you like LOUD graphics cards, let me know how your GeForce FX sounds wjhen you get it, bvecause form what I'm hearing I'll need earplugs to block the sound coming from one of those monstrocities.

I've had issues weith ATI when researching parts for people so now it's all NVidia unless it's iun a game console in which case it's ATI.

Null
05-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Actually thats the other thing they 'think' will happen with the NV35, the large fan or cooling thing under it will be gone with. therefor being much much quieter.

thats another reason why i waiting for NV35

vurel
05-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Cyrax9
OK, form what I gather the GeForce FX doesn't need to beseen, becasue YOU CAN HEA IT FRO A MILE A WAY BECAUSE IT'S THIS DARN LOUD!!!!

Yeah, that's right, according to CGM it sounds like a Hairdryer when running, and it's overpricved, stick with the T Line from NVidia, as for the Radeon Cards, AVOID they're toof ar ahead of ther time tot ake advantage fo wahts out there, and they have driver problems with lots of PCs, ATI is good in a consol like the GCN for the reason their bad on PCs. They're so far ahead of the game that there next new card won't be able to tap it's full potential for two years, good for a console, abad fora PC when the Nvidia cards are running just fine wioth today's hardware and don't need to be anymore souped up, oh and if you like LOUD graphics cards, let me know how your GeForce FX sounds wjhen you get it, bvecause form what I'm hearing I'll need earplugs to block the sound coming from one of those monstrocities.

I've had issues weith ATI when researching parts for people so now it's all NVidia unless it's iun a game console in which case it's ATI.

heh... I like my Radeon 9700 pro to be ahead of its time... I also like running UT2K3 with max graphics settings :p I also like the fact that it came with my computer... (i am sad to say that you cannot order a computer from eMachines with the 9700pro in it anymore) I am quite sure that when i do finally replace this computer (after college, seeing as once i go to college i will not be able to keep working the hours i do now and will be broke) I will be taking my video card out and putting it into my new computer (yea, right , who am i kidding... in four years there will probably be intel integrated cards with the capabilities matching this thing... as the wheels of obsolescence turn... )

I'm disappointed to say that the three desktop units availible from emachines website ( http://www.emachines.com/products ) as of the time I am writing this use intel Extreame video chipsets and Celeron processors, but happy to see that their laptop uses Athalon XP-M and Radeon IGP 320M .

Seven7
05-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Based on benchmarks I have seen with a early demo of Doom III I would think if one has either a Ati Radeon 9800 or the FX5900 (NV35) he will be set for Doom III. :D