PDA

View Full Version : GTA 3 and Vice City for GC and XB in '04?

Jonbo298
04-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Here is the interesting quote from an article Yahoo! did on Mature Games. (Originally I saw this on Cube-Europe.com (http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4156) )

The last two "Grand Theft Auto" games have provided an immersive story with multiple coinciding missions. The next one is due out in 2004. A month later, "Grand Theft Auto 3" and "Vice City" finish exclusive run on Sony's PlayStation 2 and will be available for Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's GameCube. "And they will sell, like, a jillion copies," Pachter said.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/030425/tech_1.html

What do you think? Will Rockstar port GTA 3 and Vice City with hopefully improved graphics and controls? Or will they just try to cash crop the games.

Happydude
04-27-2003, 02:17 AM
i hope they will make the stuff better...but either way i would buy the games...

bobcat
04-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Not a fan of GTA nemore. Loved GTAIII, got really bored of Vice City.

TheGame
04-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Meh, I dunno why this doesn't sound believeable... but either way I guess it's ok.

I think GTA can be done perfect on Xbox, but GCN lacks the buttons to pull it off right. Plus, I dunno how these games would sell well if they are that old. There would have to be some major additions.

tarakan69
04-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Look Rockstar will just make a quick buck of this... I expect GTA4 to be PS3 exclusive... Plus chances are these will just be BAD ports.

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
Not a fan of GTA nemore. Loved GTAIII, got really bored of Vice City.

I couldn't agree more.

tarakan69
04-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
I couldn't agree more.

I'm getting a Mortal Kombat vibe from all this.. ;)

GameMaster
04-27-2003, 01:35 PM
I used cheats on GTA3 for PC and that took all the magic out of playing the game.

Why steal a car when you can have a tank and inifinite ammo?

tarakan69
04-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Why steal a car when you can have a tank and inifinite ammo?

And a game that's not worth playing more than 20 minutes...

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Cheats are for losers.

GameMaster
04-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Cheats are fun also. :)

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 01:59 PM
When you actually put effort into GTA3, you got all the weapons at your hideout... So there is no point in using cheats.

TheGame
04-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Cheats ruined my GTA3 experience too... but on Vice City I completly ignored any cheats released.

Played through it, and I beat the game anyway... plus I was WAY more satisfied with the game than GTA3.

GameMaster
04-27-2003, 02:21 PM
When you actually put effort into GTA3, you got all the weapons at your hideout... So there is no point in using cheats.

How about we settle our disagreement with a two on two Pokémon battle? What do you say? Do you have what it takes to beat me and my Pokémon? :cool:

Happydude
04-27-2003, 02:47 PM
How about we settle our disagreement with a two on two Pokémon battle? What do you say? Do you have what it takes to beat me and my Pokémon? :cool: ...:hmm:

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 03:51 PM
How about we settle our disagreement with a two on two Pokémon battle? What do you say? Do you have what it takes to beat me and my Pokémon? :cool:

Wow. You must be the biggest nerd of all time.

Shadow_Link
04-27-2003, 04:18 PM

:lol:

Well, back to topic. I'll only believe this when it comes from a more reliable source. But I don't think either would dramatically boost sales for the GC/Xbox, unless they were dramatically improved, though even that's in question. But they would probably sell a lot though.

I thought GTA 3 was a good game, but got tired with it pretty quickly. Same happened with VC, but a lot quicker. It'll be good to see the other two consoles getting these games, though it's a little too late.

Anyway, I thought Sony's exclusive deal was going to expire at the end of 2004, or sometime in 2005?

Stonecutter
04-27-2003, 04:32 PM
As far as it not being believeable, it's VERY believeable. Unless sony gives them an absolute assload of money, there's nothing that's going to stop them from porting these games.

Don't expect them to look any better though...

GameMaster
04-27-2003, 04:57 PM

Looks like my Mightyena's intimidate worked. :cool:

tarakan69
04-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
As far as it not being believeable, it's VERY believeable. Unless sony gives them an absolute assload of money, there's nothing that's going to stop them from porting these games.

Don't expect them to look any better though...

Completly agree. Those games will be sucked dry by then.

Just wait and see this game will bomb on GCN... I mean completely bomb.. and get pathetic sales on the X-Box.

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 08:53 PM
I think it will sell pretty good if they released it on GCN and Xbox... not amazing... but pretty good.

TheGame
04-28-2003, 01:08 AM
meh, I think there's a WAY better chance of it bombing on GCN, because of it... demogrp... nevermind. We'll see. But if it does to bad on GCN that could be one of the biggest blows to Nintendo trying to get a mature image ever.

tarakan69
04-28-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by TheGame
meh, I think there's a WAY better chance of it bombing on GCN, because of it... demogrp... nevermind. We'll see. But if it does to bad on GCN that could be one of the biggest blows to Nintendo trying to get a mature image ever.

I disagree... if anything is going to give Nintendo a mature image it's their console look. If Hitman 2 bomded on GCN... it's image change in ANY way??

The only people who have a problem with mature and cool looks are the ones who age from 12-16 years old. People who are 18 and above are confident enough in their manly hood that buying a purple console with the games they like won't change anything.

GTA... How on earth is it going to change ANYTHING if the console is purple, and looks like a fischer prize toy??

Shadow_Link
04-28-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
The only people who have a problem with mature and cool looks are the ones who age from 12-16 years old. People who are 18 and above are confident enough in their manly hood that buying a purple console with the games they like won't change anything.

Agreed.

Shadow Fox
04-28-2003, 06:55 PM
On that note, BloodRayne and Soul Reaver 2 have sold a tad bit better on GCN than Xbox so far; so I wouldn't think the "demographic" is that bad at all.

Then there's the fact that two of the best-selling games on the console are Resident Evil titles...I don't think Xbox has another million-selling M-rated game other than Halo. So that is good also.

I mean hell, Indigo GCN's are damn-near phased out in most retail outlets (in my area and the states around it, anyways), plus the thing comes in PLATINUM (great GBA SP combo), Orange (spice) and Green (dev kit). Chances are the GCN you buy today will be black or platinum, and I know for a fact that this is NOA's intention (either that, or indigo GCN's are too expensive to manufacture for some reason)....:rolleyes:

But GTA on GCN WILL BOMB. The game has, (as listed above) been literally sucked dry, and everyone who's a gamer has already played the damn thing in some form or another (PC or PS2) by this "supposed" 2004 "release".

Like The Game said- there better be some RADICAL changes if they expect this thing to sell...

Mafia for GCN, on the other hand....;)

-Official Ninja of [coming soon]...