You can't say it hasn't happened.

http://www.psolife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1842

GameMaster
04-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Online gaming's first negative experience. :(

Dyne
04-26-2003, 08:59 PM
First? :lol:

Well anyways, with the hard drive, it was begging to be hacked. Expect the dupes to come rollin on in. See? One of the things mentioned on there was a Red Ring. Those haven't even been released on Gamecube.

gekko
04-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Xbox PSO has been hacked for a while. There has been a bootleg version out for at least a month, and that was hacked right away.

Xbox is also the console with the greatest chances of stopping the hacking. And trust me, dupes won't come rolling in. Next to no one has a mod chip.

Joeiss
04-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Wow... I am drunk right now, and when I clicked that link, I thought that GT changed its forum layout. lol

Tombor
04-27-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by gekko
Next to no one has a mod chip.

I got one :D. Which is why I can't play PSO... :( (no broadband doesn't help either...).

My friend has been getting hacked weapons. At least he thinks he's had. He got some new weapon with some inordinately high percentages (150-200%) and when he traded for it the guy who traded it to him was laughing his ass off.

Dyne
04-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by gekko
Xbox PSO has been hacked for a while. There has been a bootleg version out for at least a month, and that was hacked right away.

Xbox is also the console with the greatest chances of stopping the hacking. And trust me, dupes won't come rolling in. Next to no one has a mod chip.

It probably costs less to mod an xbox in your area than to import the USB card anyways.

gekko
04-27-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Tombor
My friend has been getting hacked weapons. At least he thinks he's had. He got some new weapon with some inordinately high percentages (150-200%) and when he traded for it the guy who traded it to him was laughing his ass off.

Why didn't he verify the item before the trade and look at that?

And Dyne,

Gamecube has been able to dupe forever due to the lag problem. They fix that, you get the USB card. Duping ruins the game, yes, but at least it's not hacking/cheating, yet. But thanks to GameShark, it has the possibility of being as bad on GC as it is on DC.

On Xbox, they likely already can cheat, and hack, but it's not as widespread as GameShark users. But Xbox also has the ability to stop it. If they release an auto-update, you either download it, or you don't get online. They could easily release an Xbox Live auto-update, as well as a PSO auto-update, which could do BIOS scans, mod chips scans at different times, etc. Currently all they ban is some code from their Xbox, which can be changed. The Xbox Live account is never banned. But they could start banning Xbox Live accounts, and unless they break Microsoft's security, they'l be paying $50 for a new one, and I doubt they'll keep that up too long. If Microsoft puts in the effort, hacking and cheating on Xbox could be finished.

Seeing people like that on the Xbox version is rare. Seeing dupes on the Gamecube version is common.