PDA

View Full Version : Next Metroid game at E3

tarakan69
04-26-2003, 05:22 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/395/395152p1.html

Wonder hat it's gonna be called... can't be Metroid Prime 2 can it?

bobcat
04-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Wasn't there a topic like this b4?

Oh well. I'm calling it MPII for now. Make it eazia

newayz looking forward to it. Highly anticipated (due to MP reviews).

I can't wait for it. I wanna know gameplay details tho

Bad Religion
04-26-2003, 10:17 AM
i hate when sequels get rushed like this, it's never a good thing... the developers take shortcuts and the game just isn't nearly as good or they get peoples hopes up and then delay the release date from say Nov of one year to May of the next... personally, I'd rather wait an extra year and have another mind-blowing Metroid game

tarakan69
04-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bad Religion
i hate when sequels get rushed like this, it's never a good thing... the developers take shortcuts and the game just isn't nearly as good or they get peoples hopes up and then delay the release date from say Nov of one year to May of the next... personally, I'd rather wait an extra year and have another mind-blowing Metroid game

Well the graphics engine is finished, chracter models done, textures can be reused in certain areas... not much work left!!

Basicly they will show a little teaser movie not more. Don't worry... they won't let such a legendary franchise go bad.

Canyarion
04-26-2003, 03:08 PM
I have a question about (the first) Metroid Prime. I just beated it this morning, but when it asked me if I wanted to save it, I didn't do it, because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to go back and get all the items...

But I am interested in the 'Hard mode'... which I apperantly didn't save...

So what happens after you save it??

Ginkasa
04-26-2003, 03:50 PM
It allows you to use the Fusion suit on new game files and play the Hard Mode on new game files.

Now you'll have to beat it again (from your last save point) to be able to do those things. This time save. Don't worry, you can still go back and get items.

*shrugs and walks away*

tarakan69
04-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Also allows you to play Metroid... the first one that came out in 1986.

Is that included in the NTSC version or is it PAL exlcusive??

Ginkasa
04-26-2003, 05:14 PM
You only get to play the original Metroid in MP if you beat Metroid Fusion and usethe GBA/GCN link. It has no connection to beating Metroid Prime or saving the game at the end of Prime.

And you can play the original Metroid on the GCN in all countries (that has MP and MF anyway) as long as you have beaten Metroid Fusion, a copy of Metroid Prime, the GBA/GCN link cable, and of course a GCN and GBA.

*shrugs and walks away*

tarakan69
04-26-2003, 05:28 PM
LOL.. and how about a blowjob and coffee.

I mean the GBA link up is nice and all... but it's just asking too much to play a 17 year old game.

Neo
04-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Metroid Prime II doesn't sound right, it should be called Metroid Double Prime.

bobcat
04-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Metroid Twime

Bad Religion
04-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by tarakan69
LOL.. and how about a blowjob and coffee.

I mean the GBA link up is nice and all... but it's just asking too much to play a 17 year old game.

it would have been more reasonable if it was Super Metroid, but I guess they're saving that for something else ;) ...