PDA

View Full Version : MGS3 to Gamecube?

Jason1
04-25-2003, 11:12 PM
IGN Cube is certantly hinting at just that. In there's most recent Mailbag update, somebody writes:

I saw my wishlist and I saw that the name for Metal Gear Solid for the GCN is MGS: Twin Snake. That means you know something, and I want to know what that is!!
-- Mike

Cory responds: Veeeerry interesting discovery. Yes, that could very well mean something. And it could be a very, very cool thing, indeed. Are we allowed to speak of it before E3? I'm afraid not. If we did, certain parties would have our tongues neatly removed and fingertips sanded clean off. In the case of my suction-cupped appendages, this would be very painful for yours truly.

He's Baaaaack

Those last 2 words were hidden in the bailbag(see for yourself http://cube.ign.com/mail.html) Cleverly hidden indeed, but an obvious hint at MGS3.

bobcat
04-25-2003, 11:35 PM
sorry wrong topic
While I'm at it, I'll wait for official announcements, but that does sound pretty concrete

BreakABone
04-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Well if anything, I thought the letter confirmed that the name of the game is Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake, which is interesting all on it's own.

Maybe co-op play? a sidestory?

DeathsHand
04-26-2003, 02:05 AM
Either way it should rock... Yay new Metal Gear Solid... It could really boost NGC sales if it's exclusive (and is a totally new game)...

I just hope it's not some dumb like... MGS2: Substance 2 WITH NEW CO-OP MODE AND NEW NAME OMG!

But yeah as long as it's a totally new game (and not on PS2) then it means there will actually be an upcoming game I want for NGC :eek:

bobcat
04-26-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
Either way it should rock... Yay new Metal Gear Solid... It could really boost NGC sales if it's exclusive (and is a totally new game)...

I just hope it's not some dumb like... MGS2: Substance 2 WITH NEW CO-OP MODE AND NEW NAME OMG!

But yeah as long as it's a totally new game (and not on PS2) then it means there will actually be an upcoming game I want for NGC :eek:

You mean you're not psyched for the upcoming sequel to Superman???!??!?

tarakan69
04-26-2003, 05:08 AM
I don't know if I should believe it or not. Let's just wait for E3... it's 10 or 9 days away.

Gamer
04-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah, MGS3 on NGC is the way.

Shadow Fox
04-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Um, am I the only one here that knew of MGS (of some form, anyway) heading to GameCube via Shigeru Miyamoto's interview at DICE months ago?

I mean, he himself said he was talking to the creator of the series to get a Metal Gear game on the Cube.

-Not one game in recent interview history that ol' Shiggy speaks of goes unreleased on GameCube- keep that in mind.

-Official Ninja of [coming soon]...

bobcat
04-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Um, am I the only one here that knew of MGS (of some form, anyway) heading to GameCube via Shigeru Miyamoto's interview at DICE months ago?

I mean, he himself said he was talking to the creator of the series to get a Metal Gear game on the Cube.

-Not one game in recent interview history that ol' Shiggy speaks of goes unreleased on GameCube- keep that in mind.

-Official Ninja of [coming soon]...

Whoa freaky

DeathsHand
04-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Everyone knows about what 'Shiggy' said, but all he said was Metal Gear... it could have been Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance... or a remake of Metal Gear Solid... Or a remake of the very first Metal Gear, for that matter...

And while all of those would be nice things to have (well except maybe substance... That wouldn't be very big), I think actual next game in the series (Meaning MGS3) would be the biggest thing of them all...

But I dunno, because didn't Kojima already say that he (or someone) was working on the next MGS game for PS2? :confused: Which makes it sound more like if it's exclusive, it would be some kind of remake or something... But I dunno...

tarakan69
04-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Well I've seen the game being called MGS: Twin Snake on multiple boards so... Maybe so of the people can help me out.

Maybe you can play co-op as Solid and Liqiud or... I ran out of ideas.

Jason1
04-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
Well I've seen the game being called MGS: Twin Snake on multiple boards so... Maybe so of the people can help me out.

Maybe you can play co-op as Solid and Liqiud or... I ran out of ideas.

Thats what Im begining to think. That would still be great, I cant imagine how much fun MGS2 would be as a Co-Op.

On the other hand, I still hope its MGS3.