PDA

View Full Version : Mic problems

DarkMaster
04-23-2003, 08:28 PM
I just bought a new microphone for my computer, and it doesnt seem to work. My old one didnt work, and I assumed it was borken or something, but I guess it was just my cheap ass PC. Maybe there's something else I need to do, so thats what I'm trying to figure out. I plugged it in, doesnt work. I searched for new plug and play devices, computer didnt find anything. I searched for non plug and play, and the computer didnt find anything. I manually installed software for that specific brand of microphone, and it still doesnt work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Null
04-23-2003, 08:31 PM
you try opening up the volume control and taking the Mic off mute? :D

DarkMaster
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm way ahead of you, thanks anyway though

GameMaster
04-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Did you go into the sound control panel and turn everything on? Is the microphone inserted in the correct jack?

DarkMaster
04-24-2003, 03:07 PM
I fixed the problem. Thanks for the help GM and Null.

Jason1
04-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Ive been having the same problem...ever since we got a new Sound card last year(I think its a crappier one), I cant get my MIC to work either. Dunno why, ive gone into the volume control stuffs and everything...and im plugging it in the MIC jack...but Im getting a new computer in like a month hopefully so Im not too concerned.

Seven7
04-24-2003, 11:03 PM
The jacks in my computer are backwards for some reason. The headphone is speaker and the speaker is headphone. :unsure: