PDA

View Full Version : Is THIS the next Castlevania

tarakan69
04-23-2003, 12:04 PM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/Castlevania3D_ps2_1.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/Castlevania3D_ps2_2.jpg

I can't get over how ugly this game looks... I mean come on... it's the same company that created Silent Hill 3!! Hope these are just bad scans.

DarkMaster
04-23-2003, 03:05 PM
those scans are horrible, but its nice to at least see what the game basically looks like. I'll wait for E3 before I make judgement. In the mean time, I'm liking the 3D approach, I just hope they pull it off effectively.

BreakABone
04-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Yup that's from the new EGM and if I'm not mistaken those are probably from the online magazine. The game is rather early and I think due early next year, it also has a feature on SOCOM 2 that I should post for Joeiss

Stonecutter
04-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey, Konami. Didn't we learn our mistake the first time? 3D castelvania doesn't ****ing work.

And nahhh, those screnes look fine, it's just running on a ps2. :P

BlueFire
04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I would've liked 2D gameplay :|

DeathsHand
04-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Hey, Konami. Didn't we learn our mistake the first time? 3D castelvania doesn't ****ing work.

And nahhh, those screnes look fine, it's just running on a ps2. :P

Yeah you're right, it didn't work the one time they tried it (I wouldn't consider that second N64 game a new game), so it will never work...

Not to mention RPG elements make the games a hell of a lot better... And the N64 game didn't have them... And this one does (or at least it looks like it from those screens... with the HP and all)...

aaaaaand N64 just wasn't very good in the first place :p

As for the screenshots... First of all it looks like they've been blown up, which always makes screenshots look like ass... Plus they're scans, which aren't really the best quality...

I'm glad they're trying their hand at 3D again... I would have liked another 2D game as well, but they can't stay 2D forever... And they're never going to figure out how to do Castlevania right in 3D if they don't TRY...

Stonecutter
04-23-2003, 07:37 PM
lets just get one thing straight.

2D > 3D any day of the week.

(at least when it's a game that was origionally in 2D.)

DeathsHand
04-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
lets just get one thing straight.

2D > 3D any day of the week.

(at least when it's a game that was origionally in 2D.)

What about Grand Theft Auto? And Zelda... Although I personally like LttP (which is of course 2D) the best, lots of people seem to prefer OoT (3D)...

there are probably more series that started in 2D that moved to 3D that people think is at least just as good as the 2D (when it comes to a fun gaming experience)... Metroid might be one...

Anyways... I think a big thing is to try not to compare the two... I enjoyed the N64 castlevania games... *shrugs*... Was it as good as SotN? Of course not :p But still...

That's just my opinion though... yep...

tarakan69
04-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Well castlevania 2D> Castlevania 3D (n64 version)

But they could do the game right. But the transition from 2D to 3D could change the game radicaly.

For example Mario because a adventure game (from an action game). So it's hard to say... do the Castlevania series need to evolve?? I mean we will always have the GBA versions to satisfy our 2D lust.