PDA

View Full Version : Info on F-Zero, Kirby and Wario's World. No MK: DD

BreakABone
04-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Wario’s back in all his greedy glory, brawling his way through mobs of foes as he hunts his treasure!
Wario finally built his castle, and he's so happy that he just can’t stop smiling. What he doesn’t realize is that hidden among his treasures is a strange black jewel with an awful ability—it can turn gems into monsters! With Wario blissfully ignorant on his throne, the jewel transforms his treasure trove and opens a doorway to a mysterious parallel world. In the ensuing chaos, Wario gets yanked through the doorway...but he's not fazed. He's focused on one thing—getting his loot back. Get pumped for a rolling good time as Wario uses pile drivers, head butts, and a variety of over-the-top fighting moves to battle an endless tide of weird and wild enemies. You'll have to use your head to solve puzzles as you navigate enormous areas and try to find every last one of Wario's lost treasures. Let the brawling begin!

Well, this is basically the same preview they used for the game last year at e3.

Hurtle through space at mind-boggling speeds as Captain Falcon and the galaxy’s best pilots race for glory!
Prepare for the future of racing! Nintendo and SEGA—both accomplished masters of high-speed fun—have collaborated to create the fastest, most visually stunning racing game of all time! Hunt for turbo boosts as you battle aggressive racers through obstacle-studded straightaways, along the inside and outside of pipes, and over massive jumps. You'd better be ready to race for the long haul with 20 courses and over 30 pilots to choose from! When you use a Memory Card with F-Zero Arcade, you can transfer new pilots or machine parts that you can use for customization on your Nintendo GameCube. You can even race your home-built machine in the arcade!
This sounds intruging to say the least. Does this confirm that F-Zero AC will also come over to the States? And customizable cars sounds cool.

Kirby arrives on the Nintendo GameCube at warp speed in his first-ever racing game!
The creators of Super Smash Bros. Melee bring you Kirby's Air Ride, a racing game like no other. By applying the simple controls that define all Kirby games, Kirby's Air Ride brings the racing genre to gamers of all abilities, making it so anyone can just pick up and play. Single-button game play controls all the action, brake and slide around corners with a press of the A Button or hold and charge up as you slide, then release for break-neck acceleration. Of course, Kirby wouldn't be Kirby if he weren't copying enemy abilities and using them to his advantage, so prepare for some wild and wacky transformations! Slide and glide in 3-D racing, or ready yourself for a race for power-ups as you enter multiplayer tournament battles. Kirby's never been so fast and so fun!

Well, I think this is a funny way of wording it to say it's for kids, but that's me.

Anyhow, does anyone find it weird that Nintendo is showcasing not 1, not 2, but 3 racing games at their booth this year?
Ofcourse, much like their platformers (SMS, LM and Wario World) they all seem to deviate from each other in a major way.

tarakan69
04-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Well they are different types of racing games.

Mario Kart= Karting game
F-Zero= Futuristic racing game
Kirby=??? A Kirby racing game??

Maybe they have other things up their sleeves when it comes to these games... GBA connectivity anybody.

GameKinG
04-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Kirby races in the air.

GameMaster
04-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
Kirby races in the air.

Captain Falcon races in the air also.

Jason1
04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
I hope the F-Zero Arcade comes somewhere near me...we recently got this new place with lots of cool new arcade games...yep...I just hope they update it with new games and such from time to time...hopefully with the F-Zero Arcade.