PDA

View Full Version : Official WrestleMania XIx Roster and New Screens

BreakABone
04-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Well, I don't care to start a whole new thread yet without any major new details, but GameSpot has posted the roster for the game.

THQ has released an official list of the playable and non-playable characters who will be featured in its upcoming WWE game for the GameCube, Wrestlemania XIX. The following are playable characters in the game:

Triple H
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker
Kurt Angle
Hulk Hogan
Rob Van Dam
Chris Jericho
Booker T
Goldust
Rey Mysterio
Edge
Kane
Chris Benoit
Shawn Michaels
Big Show
Scott Steiner
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Stacy Keibler
Trish Stratus
Victoria
Eddie Guerrero
Ric Flair
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Lita
Christian
Torrie Wilson
Batista
John Cena
Hurricane
Randy Orton
Chris Nowinski
Vince McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Test
Chavo Guerrero
Dawn Marie
Tajiri
Al Snow
Rikishi
William Regal
Lance Storm
Goldberg

Non-playable characters include:

Jim Ross
Jerry “The King” Lawler
Earl Hebner
Nick Patrick

I'm wondering why they have people like Stephanie McMahon and Lita and some others who haven't wrestled in months now, yet they don't have the SmackDown tag team champison Team Angle.

Alsi I know why Earl Hebner isn't playable as he is a referre, but why Nick Patrick will this game actually have selectable refs?

And will JR and the King sit at the table?
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/sports/wwewrestlemaniaxix/news_6025404.html

And one new screenshot

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/04/21/wwe/wwe_screen001.jpg

~Edit~
This screen seems to show off a top rope Angle Slam

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/wwe_xix_042103_kurtbrock.jpg

fingersman
04-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah .........I agree with you, team angle should be there....along with the top wrestler N. Jones :sneaky:

N where is Chuck from the FBI? Where is A train?
Oh well, can't get everything can you?
Hopefully the crowd will chant you suck when Angle steps out. :D

TheGame
04-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't get roster lists sometimes... they should have had EVERY wrestler to be around at WM XIX, or at LEAST every wrestler to participate in it!!!

It makes no sense to hold back, but oh well, the game looks a bit better now, not mind blowing, but better than the nasty crap they had out earlier

BreakABone
04-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
I don't get roster lists sometimes... they should have had EVERY wrestler to be around at WM XIX, or at LEAST every wrestler to participate in it!!!

It makes no sense to hold back, but oh well, the game looks a bit better now, not mind blowing, but better than the nasty crap they had out earlier
I'm a little baffled by your comments.
Are you trying to say that the game should have included everyone who fought or took part of WrestleMania XIX?

If that's the case, I would agree with you since the game is released a bit after the event itself, it gives them more than adquete time to implement them into the game. In some cases it wouldn't work like Piper, even though he was part of WM XIX, he has yet to wrestle so they couldn't really do much.

But why not A-Train or Team Angle? Who knows.

TheGame
04-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone
I'm a little baffled by your comments.
Are you trying to say that the game should have included everyone who fought or took part of WrestleMania XIX?

If that's the case, I would agree with you since the game is released a bit after the event itself, it gives them more than adquete time to implement them into the game. In some cases it wouldn't work like Piper, even though he was part of WM XIX, he has yet to wrestle so they couldn't really do much.

But why not A-Train or Team Angle? Who knows.

well, the game name is WM XIX... thus the game should represent the roster that was at LEAST present at the time of XIX... if not, I say change the game's name.

I was refering to A-Train, Nathan Jones, and Team Angle... all were clear parts of WM XIX. As far as Piper, he wasn't in a official match, he just kinda showed up... and hell, I didn't expect to see him much on WWE air after WM XIX anyway.

At least x8 was up to speed with the WM it represented

fingersman
04-22-2003, 08:34 AM
well, the game name is WM XIX... thus the game should represent the roster that was at LEAST present at the time of XIX... if not, I say change the game's name.

I was refering to A-Train, Nathan Jones, and Team Angle... all were clear parts of WM XIX. As far as Piper, he wasn't in a official match, he just kinda showed up... and hell, I didn't expect to see him much on WWE air after WM XIX anyway.

Welll not really........some of the music for the wrestlers just sucked. Brooker T's entrance music just sucks in WMX8. :D

BreakABone
04-22-2003, 10:08 AM

Well, WrestleMania x8 didn't have the tag team champions Billy and Chuck nor did it have DDP, who were all big part of Wrestlemania x8 so the legacy continues.

TheGame
04-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
Welll not really........some of the music for the wrestlers just sucked. Brooker T's entrance music just sucks in WMX8. :D

I agree, that was pretty retarded...

as for BAB's comments, I guess I was wrong, x8 didn't represent the WM correctly... but why not fix it this time around instead of making the problem worse?