PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

bobcat
04-18-2003, 09:46 PM
who finds the GBA SP connection to Zelda WW amazing?

I'm freaking out here seriously.

BlueFire
04-18-2003, 10:01 PM
I still have to try it out.

Clone_GCC
04-18-2003, 11:16 PM
well as soon as Z:WW comes out in Aus i'll give you my opinion

Yoda9864
04-18-2003, 11:20 PM
I should hope that it's awesome. Nintendo is asking developers to implement the connection in their games, it's about time Nintendo showed the possibilities of it.

Ginkasa
04-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Its okay... I guess it might be better if you actually have someone to use the GBA instead of having the switch between the two though...

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
04-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Nintendo with WW is really showing what the GBA/GC Connectivity can do. I've tried it and like it a lot. Now that I have WW, when I get back in town, me and my friends are gonna use it more often so that I can find the 5 secret statues. I also like how its constantly in touch with WW and not just downloading something for on the go like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle did with Chao raising. I really hope more is used in the future. And if Nintendo ever goes wireless with the GBA (SP) as an add-on, and they use the Wavebird receivers to do it, they could make it so that you can have 4 controllers, and 4 GBA(SP)'s hooked up on one console. It'd be a cool thing for something like Mario Kart and LAN gaming. 4 people could be racing with the GCN controller, and the other 4 could help their team mate by say, shooting an item for them, or some other kind of possibility(ies).

GameMaster
04-19-2003, 01:44 AM
As soon as I get the GBA to GC cable, I'll let you know.

Gamer
04-19-2003, 01:50 AM
Buddy, that **** is sweet, i hooked mine up its wiked

bobcat
04-19-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Ginkasa
Its okay... I guess it might be better if you actually have someone to use the GBA instead of having the switch between the two though...

*shrugs and walks away*
Yeh it is, but still on it's own I think it's awesome. Me and my bro play and it's so much fun

Clone_GCC
04-19-2003, 05:01 AM
hey bobcat, you own zelda and it aint available in aus right? so you imported am i correct?

Shadow_Link
04-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Yeh, he imported it from EBgames.com.

He got ripped off on the shopping though (around $30 US). But he got the bonus disk in the end. I think EB still have some copies of the bonus disk and TWW left.

(If only they shipped to England :mad: )

bobcat
04-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Yeh, he imported it from EBgames.com.

He got ripped off on the shopping though (around $30 US). But he got the bonus disk in the end. I think EB still have some copies of the bonus disk and TWW left.

(If only they shipped to England :mad: )
Well noticed!

Shadowlink is right.

So I can officially say GBA linkup with imported games works :D

ZebraRampage
04-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Jonbo298
Nintendo with WW is really showing what the GBA/GC Connectivity can do. I've tried it and like it a lot. Now that I have WW, when I get back in town, me and my friends are gonna use it more often so that I can find the 5 secret statues.

I already found one of the statues in the Lost Woods or Forbidden woods dungeon. I was shocked when I found it. It was pretty cool. And yes I think that the GBA/GC connection for WW is awesome. It's so detailed on the GBA and well WW has such a big overworld. It's so cool how much the Tingle Tuner shows.

Darkchrono25
04-19-2003, 10:49 AM
what does the 5 secret statues do?

Jason1
04-19-2003, 11:18 AM
I posted my thoughts on the WW connection in another topic awhile back...while I havent had a whole lot of time using it(Im going to wait til my bro beats the game without it before we start a new game and use it a lot), I have had a very good impression about it.

Neo
04-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Does it work with only one person? Can I just glance at the GBA screen occasionally to see if it's detecting secrets or whatever?

bobcat
04-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Neo
Does it work with only one person? Can I just glance at the GBA screen occasionally to see if it's detecting secrets or whatever?

You can (2nd part of your question answered)

thatmariolover
04-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Darkchrono25
what does the 5 secret statues do?

Unless you are going for collecting every secret in Wind Waker (like me), I would suggest you don't take the time to collect all of the statues (like me).

600 rupees and a broken heart were the only prizes I got for my troubles...

*Weeps Gently*

Oh, it's off to finding that last heart piece again....

*Sniffle*

bobcat
04-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by thatmariolover
Unless you are going for collecting every secret in Wind Waker (like me), I would suggest you don't take the time to collect all of the statues (like me).

600 rupees and a broken heart were the only prizes I got for my troubles...

*Weeps Gently*

Oh, it's off to finding that last heart piece again....

*Sniffle*

:lol:

Canyarion
04-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Argh, I hated in OoT when you finally found the last Golden Skultulla... what was the reward?? The ultimate price??? 200 rupees...:baby: :mad2:

Dyne
04-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Wait a sec Bobcat, you say GBA SP? Is there something special for the SP?

thatmariolover
04-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Dyne

No. Any Gameboy Advanced used will get the same extras.

GameMaster
04-28-2003, 08:54 PM
I think Dyne is talking about the cable to connect the GBA SP.

Canyarion
05-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Ah.... Zelda is being released tomorrow!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know when I'll buy 4 swords... Probably after I've beaten Zelda and some other games... :)

bobcat
05-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Dyne

No there isn't. I just recently got one, so I used it as an example. Either GBA or GBA SP