PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart GCN to Support 8-Player Lan?

BreakABone
04-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Well bear with me on this, I got no idea what the hell LAN entails or anything else but eh, maybe someone can make heads or tails of the news.

Mario Kart finished
Web posted on 15/4/03 Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Mario Kart GC is finished - so just how much longer are they expecting us to wait?
Mario Kart for the GameCube is complete, Nintendo legend Shiguru Miyamoto has confirmed, and while it will not feature online play, multi-player options have not been ignored.

Four-player split-screen is very much in evidence, but that's not all. In a system similar to the PS2 i-Link, you'll be able to daisy-chain two 'Cubes together for eight-player action on two TVs. Still, the fact that we've seen no screenshots or video footage and heard no game information whatsoever does make us worry slightly. Finished? Good for you! Now SHOW IT TO US.

Versions of Mario Kart on the SNES, GBA and N64 are the stuff of legends, so a new version will undoubtedly generate dump-trucks full of money for Nintendo. The game is tentatively scheduled for July over here, so get your GBA out and start practising. You can pre-emptively order here , in case you were wondering.
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2539

And this is from Quiter's

It is the report that Mr. Miyamoto told. Although it is "the MARIO cart GC", seemingly, there is no on-line waging war. However, it is said that it corresponds to waging war which connects a maximum of two sets of GC(s) using LAN in addition to 4 old division waging wars.

getting it blocked -- it is that GC and TV are referred to as preparing two sets and eight controllers and being pitched against each other by a maximum of eight persons Naturally two-person waging war with this system also seems to be possible.

Shadow_Link
04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
I just want my Mario Kart :mad:.

Jason1
04-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Yea...im still a little pissed there's no online suppourt...but I'll get over it, I had so much fun with it on 64.

Perfect Stu
04-17-2003, 10:48 AM
I agree Shadow...Super Mario Kart and MK64 were some of the best 'pick up and play' games of all time. I can't wait to play the GC incarnation

Shadow_Link
04-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
I agree Shadow...Super Mario Kart and MK64 were some of the best 'pick up and play' games of all time. I can't wait to play the GC incarnation

Don't tell me you haven't played MK:SC on the GBA?!

It's awsome.

I remember all the tense battles and races in MK64. It was THE best multiplayer game on the N64, well, joint best with PD and GE.

Dyne
04-17-2003, 12:05 PM
Good news.. good news. I can't wait to see it at E3. Maybe they'll have it set up there. :)

Crash
04-17-2003, 12:29 PM
as soon as I know that for sure, i'm buying another gamecube! you bet!

GameKinG
04-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Hmm, I dont have two cubes or two TVs near each other. But if its true, hopefully Gamespy puts the game online. Its free!

tarakan69
04-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Nahh... Battle modes were cool but racing sucked so MUCH.

Hope they develop a Kart upgrade system (like a car)... That would add SO MUCH more depth to the Single Player.

Jason1
04-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
Hmm, I dont have two cubes or two TVs near each other. But if its true, hopefully Gamespy puts the game online. Its free!

What do you mean by that? How is that possible?

Perfect Stu
04-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Don't tell me you haven't played MK:SC on the GBA?!

It's awsome.

I remember all the tense battles and races in MK64. It was THE best multiplayer game on the N64, well, joint best with PD and GE.

oh yeah....MK:SC too, though it was more or less a glorified SMK

I think Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were by far the best multiplayer games for N64, as I never really liked the battle mode in the MK series...but 4 player MK races are always fun

Stonecutter
04-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
What do you mean by that? How is that possible?

Through the same way you can play halo online with Gamespy Arcade or Xbconnect. All it does is use your computer as a matchmaker and you hook your cube up to another cube with 4 people.

Take a gander

http://www.xbconnect.com/

GameMaster
04-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Well, considering neither me or any of my friends have two TVs in the same room, that eight player LAN feature is going to be real convenient. :rolleyes:

Perfect Stu
04-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Well, considering neither me or any of my friends have two TVs in the same room, that eight player LAN feature is going to be real convenient. :rolleyes:

How would that be conveniant? You won't even be able to utilize the feature... :confused:

BreakABone
04-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
How would that be conveniant? You won't even be able to utilize the feature... :confused:

I think GameMAster was joking hence that weird rolling eye smiley at the end or were you joking as well?

GameMaster
04-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
I think GameMAster was joking hence that weird rolling eye smiley at the end or were you joking as well?

Apparently Stu didn't catch on to the sarcastic smiley...

The Germanator
04-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Or he was reversing you with some double sarcasm....

Joeiss
04-17-2003, 09:51 PM
I agree with Germanator.

GameMaster
04-17-2003, 10:12 PM
My last comment was a triple sarcasm smash back whammy. Let's see Stu counter that. :cool:

viruscool
04-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah lol. But we have kinda got a bit sidetracked from the topic here.

:GC: :Nintendo: :link2:

BlueFire
04-18-2003, 02:19 PM
My last comment was a triple sarcasm smash back whammy. Let's see Stu counter that. :cool: I hate you.

fingersman
04-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
Nahh... Battle modes were cool but racing sucked so MUCH.

Hope they develop a Kart upgrade system (like a car)... That would add SO MUCH more depth to the Single Player.

Yes the battle mode was cool.....but it's the four player racing that made Kart so great IMO. :D

8 Player ??? Woot woot..........That's great ( well except for the fact that none of my friends has a Gamecube :( ) but why do I get the sneaky feeling that there are only 8 people to choose from in Kart? Man I hope they have atleast 12 ( including Koopa Trooper for Snes :D )

Ahhhhhhhh this makes me happy, now just finish the lan thingy and launch the game.........I hope it's released by August. ;)

viruscool
04-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah i loved koopa

Gamer
04-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Wow, eight player would be sweet, i wonder if you need 2 Mario Kart disks, one in each cube'. This will bring on some interesting gaming :)

Perfect Stu
04-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Apparently Stu didn't catch on to the sarcastic smiley...

:lol:

GameMaster
04-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Why dost thou chuckle? :mad:

One Winged Angel
04-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Why dost thou chuckle? :mad:
Because u say really stupid things.

Seth
04-21-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm sure they'll be able to make a gamespy underground type setup for Mario Kart. That'd be so sweet.