PDA

View Full Version : New First Party

BreakABone
04-16-2003, 11:11 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/393/393920p1.html

Well according to IGN, Nintendo has established another development house in Japan. For what? Isn't known at the moment, but the detaisl will be coming in the next few months.

GameMaster
04-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Cool.

I hope they have some cool games in store for the future.

GameKinG
04-17-2003, 12:32 AM
"adding to the depth and breadth of Nintendo's first-party game library"

Hmm...sounds good.

fingersman
04-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Well that's probadly a development team that's going to work on the next Nintendo system. I mean it would make sense, since Nintendo says they plan to lanuch their next system around the same time as PS2, it would make sense to have a first party start work on a new game now, so it would be out in time for launch??

Or maybe I'm getting carried away. :D

Shadow_Link
04-17-2003, 10:46 AM
It'll be interesting to see what they're working on. Maybe Pilot Wings, or some sort of realistic racing game such as GT3.

Dyne
04-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Treasure?

*cough* :D

Well.. hopefully they'll be making high-profile games more quickly now that they have another RD.

GameKinG
04-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Im thinking the new RD is working on new games, and Nintendo will continue its pace with their already planned games.

tarakan69
04-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Well I bet that this team is probably working on a multiplayer based FPS. I mean what do you do when you lost Perfect Dark??

Or hopefully a RPG.

viruscool
04-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Thats exactly what i wanted tarakan69. Oooohhhh just imagine a new PD but better.

:GC: :Nintendo: :link2:

DeathsHand
04-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by viruscool
Thats exactly what i wanted tarakan69. Oooohhhh just imagine a new PD but better.

:GC: :Nintendo: :link2:

Or worse..... :sneaky:

But ehhh... neat... I hope Nintendo umm... I dunno... The only game I can think of that's made by them that I really want is another Zelda :p

Idiot
04-18-2003, 05:22 AM
I suppose that it would not be prudent to mention online gaming research....... but even the merest possibility of a new Pilotwings game fills me with pleasure and a warm happy feeling.

GameKinG
04-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I think all hope of a full Online network for cube is lost till their next console.

tarakan69
04-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Screw network... buy the way I got my cube today ;)

I want a decent multiplayer FPS... Damn Metriod is amazing... but we need multiplayer.

Shadow_Link
04-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
Screw network... buy the way I got my cube today ;)

I want a decent multiplayer FPS... Damn Metriod is amazing... but we need multiplayer.

Can't go wrong with TS2 (Timesplitters 2), unless you already have it one one of your other consoles?

Nightfire has a decent multiplayer mode too.

tarakan69
04-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Can't go wrong with TS2 (Timesplitters 2), unless you already have it one one of your other consoles?

Nightfire has a decent multiplayer mode too.

Got Timesplitters for PS2... I REALLY want to get my hand on SSB:M... but local stores aren't selling the player's choice so I got to order of the net.

My only complait on the GCN is why on earth does it have 1 shoulder button on the left side and 2 on the right of the controller. The upper button... I forget it even exists.

Stonecutter
04-18-2003, 06:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see what they're working on. Maybe Pilot Wings, or some sort of realistic racing game such as GT3.

Holy Hell. Pilotwings 3 would rule. I'd go out and reserve it today.

But I doubt it. Chances are we're going to get a new type of series, it won't be a gt3 esque racer, nor with it be a cool FPS, nor will it be something like gta, rather it will be something completly new and different that may or may not be any good but that no one will buy because it will be targeted at 5 year olds.

Shadow_Link
04-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Holy Hell. Pilotwings 3 would rule. I'd go out and reserve it today.

But I doubt it. Chances are we're going to get a new type of series, it won't be a gt3 esque racer, nor with it be a cool FPS, nor will it be something like gta, rather it will be something completly new and different that may or may not be any good but that no one will buy because it will be targeted at 5 year olds.

Hey, it was only a wild guess ;).

What if this new division will mainly concentrate on making new GBA games, it isn't out of the question, unless it has been stated that a GC game is in the works? Think about it, the GBA needs new, first party titles.

Heh, what if they're making a Pilot Wings game for the GBA? ;)

Stonecutter
04-18-2003, 07:32 PM
I'd stil buy a GBA pilotwings, but I've always thought that most of that game's magic was created by the technology of the platform. I'd much rather have a souped up GCN version.

BreakABone
04-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Well, I don't want to start mindless speculation with these whole thing, but with recent comments from various sources in Nintendo, I think this company will focus on more "mature" content for the Cube sort of like Retro and Silicion Knights, I think Nintendo has enough development houses to farm out their own franchises so I doubt they will work on that.

Seth
04-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey, it was only a wild guess ;).

What if this new division will mainly concentrate on making new GBA games, it isn't out of the question, unless it has been stated that a GC game is in the works? Think about it, the GBA needs new, first party titles.

Heh, what if they're making a Pilot Wings game for the GBA? ;) The GC needs a hella lot more 1st party games than GBA does. Seriously, the gba sells itself, Nintendo needs to focus 90% of it's development on the GC if they want it to survive.

tarakan69
04-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bouncer_agb
The GC needs a hella lot more 1st party games than GBA does. Seriously, the gba sells itself, Nintendo needs to focus 90% of it's development on the GC if they want it to survive.

True... if Nintendo is kickouted out of the console market then they will have problems maintaining monopoly in the handheld market. So they better work their ass of.

GameKinG
04-19-2003, 06:16 PM
True... if Nintendo is kickouted out of the console market then they will have problems maintaining monopoly in the handheld market. So they better work their ass of.

They wont get kicked out, and if they do they wont make handhelds, as they said. Which is pretty much saying they wont consider most anything as 'kicked out'.

BreakABone
05-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Well here is some more information on the new company

Nintendo to Open Tokyo Development Center, Nihon Keizai Reports
By Yoshiko Matsu****a
Tokyo, May 1 (Bloomberg) -- Nintendo Co., the maker of GameCube and Gameboy video game toys, will open a software development site in Tokyo in September to strengthen its ability to build new games, the Nihon Keizai newspaper reported.

Kyoto-based Nintendo plans to put 50 developers at the company's Tokyo branch in Kanda, the paper said, without citing anyone. Nintendo will hire 20 new software developers in the business year started April 1 with the other staff transferred from the company's other development center in Kyoto, it said.

By opening the new location, Nintendo hopes to recruit software developers in Tokyo, the paper said. Weakness in developing new games is one reason for Nintendo's poor sales last year, the paper said.

On April 7, Nintendo said its full-year profit ended March 31 fell by about 38 percent and sales of its GameCube console lagged its forecasts by about half. Nintendo therefore ceded the title of the world's No.2 maker of video-game machines to Microsoft Corp.

(Nikkei 5-1)

Last Updated: April 30, 2003 18:51 EDT.

So the company will be a mix of 30 current NOJ employees and 20 new ones, with more to come, I wonder what they will work on..

bobcat
05-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Got Timesplitters for PS2... I REALLY want to get my hand on SSB:M... but local stores aren't selling the player's choice so I got to order of the net.

My only complait on the GCN is why on earth does it have 1 shoulder button on the left side and 2 on the right of the controller. The upper button... I forget it even exists.

Timesplitters 2 is awesome. I played at easter time this year with my 10 and 7 year old cousins (both girls). They kicked my ass and then I find out that they had auto aim on. So I forced them to take it off and kicked their asses mwahaha :mad2:

tarakan69
05-02-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
Timesplitters 2 is awesome. I played at easter time this year with my 10 and 7 year old cousins (both girls). They kicked my ass and then I find out that they had auto aim on. So I forced them to take it off and kicked their asses mwahaha :mad2:

:D You got your ass kicked by 7, and 10 year old cousins (girls)... Bobcat the experienced hardcore gamer:p

Man I think we all should go pratice our gaming skills, cause we talk more about games than we play them.