PDA

View Full Version : Improvements in Pokémon R/S??

Canyarion
04-14-2003, 11:00 AM
What are the biggest improvements in Ruby/Saphire?

G/S had the new day/night system (does it still have that?), two new types, Pokémon being able to hold items...

And I know about the dual fights (which sound cool :)). I don't want to know too many spoilers so I don't wanna read a review.

Ideas? Thanks! :)

Dyne
04-14-2003, 05:38 PM
I haven't really noticed the day/night things yet. But I thought it was cheap last time around. RS is really.. better. It gets rid of that tinny rushed feeling GS had, and feels true to the original.

No new types, as I've seen before....

The Legendary pokemon are harder to catch this time. Ahck!

There's graphical updates.. Like, you can see yourself on the water.. and there's partical effects on the screen like Volcanic Ash and stuff. It's pretty cool. The story is also longer and the whole experience is longer.

Also, you can make your trainer profile and stuff. You also fight reporters, and when you talk to TVs later, you can see the shows! It rules! Another difference is the pokemon boxes in Lanette's PC (someone's PC for a while at the beginning, don't worry, it's not a spoiler in the least) You can actually change the wallpaper in the background. It's cool.

Ah.. the one difference there is, is that you won't be able to link to the previous versions. Well, still, it's like starting fresh and new from the beginning. :)

Overall, if you liked the previous ones, you'll love these ones a lot.

GameMaster
04-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Canyarion
What are the biggest improvements in Ruby/Saphire?

Graphics, overall extended length of the journey and things to do in Hoenn.

G/S had the new day/night system (does it still have that?), two new types, Pokémon being able to hold items...

The night/day system has been done away with, too hard for younger gamers to catch early rising and late night Pokémon. There are no new types in these versions. New type combos are present though, i.e. water and grass type. The phone system was also trashed. No more repetitive, boring phone conversations with losers! Pokémon can still hold items.

And I know about the dual fights (which sound cool ). I don't want to know too many spoilers so I don't wanna read a review.

There are duel fights and their a fun, refreshing new way to battle. There are still more one on one battles than two on two though.

Ideas?

Yes, Pokémon now have abilities. They're like Pokémon Powers in the card game. The minute you send your Pokémon out, it's abilities remains through the whole time it is out. Abilities vary from Pokémon and type. For example, Wingull's ability is keen eye. It makes evasive moves like double team void when Wingull is in battle.

Imafukinpsycho
04-15-2003, 04:10 AM
Pokemon is gay. :)

Jason1
04-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TeH GaYlOrD
I am GAY.

Yep, hes prolly been banned by the time I hit the submit reply button.

ZeroCool51
04-16-2003, 12:00 AM
I use to own blue,yellow,and silver the games are good but after awhile it gets old.

GameMaster
04-16-2003, 02:38 AM
A true Pokémon trainer never gets tired.

TheGame
04-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Well, pokemon have personalities now, and new natural abilities...

for example, one fish has the natural ability "rough skin" so every pokemon to do a physical attack on this poke gets hurt... or Gyarados has "Intimidate" and that makes whoever he is fighting's attack fall immediatly at the begining of the match.

As far as personalities, I don't really care for them, helps you win the in-depth beauty contests, but I don't care for such contests.